Weapons you wish were in Soul Calibur

You know, I don't think the gun idea is all that terrible. An old style musket with a bayonet, mostly stabbing and bashing with a few high damage, slow speed firing attacks (similar to Cervantes with his pistol), or maybe the attacks themselves could be quick but would leave you unsafe during a post move reloading animation. It could be interesting provided the character did not emphasise range, just had access to it

I'd like to see a bladed Greaves/Gauntlet style. Something like Hand-to-Hand but differentiated enough from other fighting games.

Alternativly, a greave-only character who fought with his feet...like Regal from Tales of Symphonia

-ball+chain
-muskat
-dual bladed lightsaber-sword
-hookswords
-talons
-boomerang
-a dr octopus like character

A character using a kusarigama (a chained sickle) would be really neat. He/she could have different stances depending on where the weapon is held. For example it could be armed at the sickle's handle, the middle of the chain, or at the far end of the chain at the counter weight (which could be a knife or something like that)
sickle.gif

Anyone who's seen the anime/game fate stay/night or fate codes unlimited? Archer has a twin sword that transforms to bow. He also has a move where he throws one of the swords and it arcs back like a boomerang.

A long sword or greatsword that's not using Siegfried's style, but more the standard medieval knights style of combat.

I thought Archer's bow was just another weapon he made? I just assumed it was another of his tricks, not a combination of two swords.

And including something like him seems to close to Necrid/Algol.

I thought Archer's bow was just another weapon he made? I just assumed it was another of his tricks, not a combination of two swords.

And including something like him seems to close to Necrid/Algol.

I actually liked Necrid. Sure he wasn't that good. But he has style and was fun to play.

The weapon i really want to see in SC is the arm-blade like gally(gunnm)
GUNNM.jpg

I think it's one of the better weapons

And also the return of the SC2 soul edge skin !

Anyone seen the range of weapons in Samurai Showdown 6? There's a Bayonet, bow & arrow, stone pillar and an arm cannon in addition to the more traditional weapons.

I'd like to see a character with a Pata (the long version of Voldo's Katar) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:P4030292.JPG

Also a Japanese long sword like the famous samurai Sasaki Kojiro or Vergil's from DMC and a style with 2 Katana's like Jubei from Samurai showdown or maybe the syle of Musashi who used a Katana in 1 hand with a short sword in the other.

I'm probably more in favour of authentic weapon styles particularly the many sword styles.

I'd love to see a character use guns like Justice from Afro Samurai. I'd like to know if they could balance it.

Maybe, make the character slow and have low health.

The weapon, not the character.
690083-iy_sango195_large.jpg
she Does look like Taki...
hattori_hanzo.gif

double-blade_sword.jpg

047-double-tiger-head-hook-swords1.jpg

wkarmkrop.jpg

culture01.jpg

CU_black_3section.jpg

sai_l.gif

dw6dianweicopyrd8.jpg

400px-Musashi_miyamoto_sw2.png

Obviously variations of these types of weapons.

I like the idea of a Musket.

I was thinking that a character who uses early gunpowder weapons would be kind of cool. He would have a move kind of be like Cervantes' pistol shot, except as a OHKO (maybe overpowered). He could be kind of a joke character, though.

MITSURUGI VS. TANEGASHIMA

On SC3 bonus styles I say merge the grieve edge style with the wave sword. It could be a mix of rushdown kickblade stance stuff and wave sword stuns which you use to get into your optimum faraway range. Also bring back Hualin's Stomemonkey/Awareofvicinity/Equalofheaven/Songoku/Sunwukong's style. I know it sucked but it was just so awesome looking. I mean it goes from toothpick to pillar of destruction in seconds. I don't care how abysmal I want that style back.

But here are my top picks for new weapons.

1.) Chinese hook swords
2.) Flying claw (iron claw on chain)
3.) Mace (proportional one)
4.) Sai
5.) Three sectioned staff
6.) Dorkahawks
7.) Escrima sticks
8.) Kujang
9.) Roman gladiator sword
10.) Chain whip
11.) Khopesh
12.) Bastard sword

One could always go through the Warriors Orochi games for a plethera of weapon choices.
On a side note, though these games are not too fleshed out in their combat system, I would love to play some of the Soul Calibur cast in a game with elements like this. (Can you imagine fighting an army as Nightmare?) Unfortunately, the debacle that was Soul Calibur Legends steered developers away from thoughts of producing "walk-through" Soul Calibur games.

Back