What character buffs/nerfs would YOU like to see?

Turned Ugly? WTF are you talking about? Are you on crack son?

My independent assessment upon the quality of deleted messages also resulted in "pure ugliness". Your posts were not specifically targeted and may have been deleted in a mass purge because the Mods are volunteers here cleaning up the forums and sometimes they may inadvertently scoop up some decent nuggets while cleaning up the shit.

It happens unfortunately and it would be unfair for you to accuse them to share ideologies with some far right racist german political party. You make it seem like it was a targeted act on your personal being, which it clearly is not (if you are able to see the list of posts deleted you'd agree).

If you really want more attention and you feel the Mods here cannot give you the help you need, then perhaps try the Gamefaqs forums. Both parties will likely be happier.

Maybe this is just coming from a previous Raphael main, I'll concede that my view might be a bit skewed because of this.

You touched on a lot of points but I'll only argue one of them:

You said he doesn't have any good TC moves, which is true, but he does have a spectacular WR B and he also has GS which leaves him in crouch. And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 1K and 2A TC as well? Those are decent pokes. If he had good TC moves like PAT for example he'd be fucking broken

He lacks good quick punishers at close range, but does he really need them? Your post kinda made it sound like you think NM needs to have it all like the tippy top tiers have, which IMO are more than just "a little bit too strong", more like a lot bit too strong.

Denying his obvious strengths, while exaggerating his so called 'huge holes' like his neutral game for example is, in my opinion, absurd. What's wrong with poking them to death with 1k's, aga's, and 3k's? Seems to work quite well as many people like to poke with him. That chip damage adds up and then you can get inside their head and make them choke on a big 66B or 3B launcher. And yes, most of his practical moves are relatively safe. You basically play keep away while chipping away and wait for chances for occasional big damage

His guard gauge damage is absurd, which probably leads into a huge wall combo or ringout.

He's a lot better than you make him sound and even his worst matchup's aren't really that bad at all. 2-8 is just overblowing it IMO. Everyone should have bad matchup's. That's what makes a game balanced.

And lastly, NM consistently places high on tourney's and that's all there is to it. Proof is in the pudding. Are you so sure that it's the players that make him look good or maybe he's a tad better than average? I'm certainly not saying he's broken, but also certainly saying that he doesn't need any buffs either.
I agree. A lot of characters in SC5 are over looked without proper caution. Being too quick to judge isn't wise. I.e when SC5 first came out, many people thought Natsu was a higher tier than Viola? To say that nightmare is weak, means that the person isn't that experienced with him to understand otherwise. A really good nightmare player will have good and intense matches.

Nerf Pyrrha's/Omega Pyrrha's BB. Reduce frames on block and eliminate sidestep-tracking. What's the point of quickstep if we still get hit by verticals anyway?
I agree 100%. I believe (IMO) that all vertical attacks should be able to be dodged with quick step. Otherwise that would defeat the matter of the whole purpose of having 8wayrun.

I agree. A lot of characters in SC5 are over looked without proper caution. Being too quick to judge isn't wise. I.e when SC5 first came out, many people thought Natsu was a higher tier than Viola? To say that nightmare is weak, means that the person isn't that experienced with him to understand otherwise. A really good nightmare player will have good and intense matches.
Natsu was stronger than Viola (although it might be better to phrase it as 'Viola was weaker than Natsu'). Check out the patch notes for version 1.02. The most broken things about Viola were added by the 1.02 patch: 44A BE's second input became delayable, 2B+K BE's damage was doubled, B+K BE's was quintupled, etc.

Natsu also got nerfed significantly: FC A+B no longer stuns grounded opponents (prior to that, the stun could be used after most of her combos, making her oki stupidly good and boosting the damage of nearly all of her combos by 10-20ish). She also used to get her wombo combo 6A+B4 → PO A:6 → 3KKK → iFC A+B → 1A/44KK wall jump → 1A/4A+B6 into PO oki/CE/etc off of CH 22K and CH 6A+B4. Now she just gets CH 22KA and CH 6A+B4 → PO A:6 → nothing else. Her remaining option for getting the wombo combo, CH WR K, lost its tracking and went from being -10 to -12, making it a bit riskier to just throw out.

That isn't to say there weren't a lot of misconceptions at the time; people still hadn't figured out how to answer Natsu's bomb setups, and Viola players still hadn't figured out her optimal combos (it wasn't even until Tokido's performance at Evo 2012 that people learned she can get a free 6B+K → 66A after every 2B+K BE pickup and that her backgrab infinite is abusable in practice, and it wasn't until much later that they learned of iFC K → B+K BE and bomb loops). Lots of people thought Nightmare was broken* and Mitsurugi was mid tier back then, though.

* Although, looking back on it, there might be a sliver of substance to this. Not enough to say the character was broken, I don't think, but he pre-1.02 backstep system was hugely favorable for NM, and might've had some strong interplay with the not-yet-discovered GS b+kG glitch. Also, his throws were better back then.

Last edited:
Pyrrha's A+B should be able to block piercing attacks as well. What's the point of this move if I have to memorize every single piercing attacks in the game? apat and Cervantes never have this problem.

Pyrrha's A+B should be able to block piercing attacks as well. What's the point of this move if I have to memorize every single piercing attacks in the game? apat and Cervantes never have this problem.
A+B COUNTERS ALL MIDS EXCEPT FOR THRUSTS (SEVERAL AUTO-GI ATTACKS ARE LIKE THIS IN SCV).

THE ONLY REASON IT IS VULNERABLE TO THRUSTS IS SO THAT PLAYERS STILL HAVE THE OPTION TO PUSH OFFENSE WITH A MID ATTACK, EVEN IF IT IS A SPECIFIC TYPE OF MID ATTACK.

THIS IS SO THAT THE PYRRHA PLAYER USING A+B DOES NOT HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF KNOWING THAT THE ONLY POSSIBLE COUNTER IS LOW OR HIGH. LOWS/HIGHS ARE RISKIER THAN MIDS BY DEFAULT AND ARE OFTEN BEAT OUT UNINTENTIONALLY. OVERALL, A+B IS BETTER NOW THAN IT WAS IN PREVIOUS INSTALLMENTS SINCE THE MIXUP SCENARIO IS NOT SO ONE-SIDED, THUS MAKING IT FAIRER.

How does her aGI compare to other characters' aGI that can work on the entire set of attacks? Don't a lot of them also get guaranteed combos after a successful attempt?

How does her aGI compare to other characters' aGI that can work on the entire set of attacks? Don't a lot of them also get guaranteed combos after a successful attempt?

Pyrrha A+B vs Mid Horizontals - 66B+KAB ~ G ~ 236B = 74 DMG
Pyrrha A+B vs Mid Horizontals - 66B[BE] ~ 22_88BAK = 86
Pyrrha A+B vs Mid Horizontals - 66B+KAB ~ G ~ CE = 92 DMG
Pyrrha A+B vs Mid Verticals(Except Thrust) - 22_88B starter after aGI to be followed up with AK for 59 DMG
Pyrrha A+B vs Mid Kick - 236B =42 DMG
Pyrrha A+B vs Mid Kick - CE =82 DMG

All SCV aGIs

If if most of the aGIs can't deal with thrusts, Which aGIs can? I know aPat has one.

There are no horizontal thrusts, so that just leaves to aGIs that deal with specifically mids or verticals.

Last edited:
Which aGI's are weak to thrusts?
Hilde 3A, 3[A]; Leixia 44B+K, 22B+K; Patroklos A+B, [A+B]; Pyrrha A+B, Voldo BS B+K.

The aGIs that counter thrusts are: Algol 623B, Cervantes bA, B+K; Dampierre CE, Ivy WR B+K, Leixia 4A+B, 66B4, 44B4; Maxi stance B+K, Nightmare A+B, GS A, CE; Pyrrha CE, Pyrrha Ω A+B, Raphael 8A+B, Prep 4; Tira GS B+K, Xiba CE, Yoshimitsu 2A+KAAA:A, IND A+B, SDF K:K; ZWEI 6A+B, αPat A+B.

Not sure: Cervantes 33A, DC A; Dampierre 1A, Siegfried 66A, all of Tira's aGIs except for GS B+K.

Oddly, some aGIs counter horizontals and thrusts, but not regular verticals, e.g. Raph 8A+B and Leixia 4A+B. I didn't include any of the aGIs that counter neither verticals nor thrusts (since thrusts are a subset of verticals).

Last edited:
A+B revenge will aGI just about anything
I only included it because it has a real green-flash aGI for hits after the revenge. I’m pretty sure its aGI works against thrusts (Raphael BB should work to test it). I didn’t include any of the other Revenge moves or autoevasions like Pyrrha 236K or Voldo A+K (which cause a “Guard Impact” pip to show up on a successful use, but don’t cause an aGI flash or stun).

I also just removed Viola 4B+K, which is an autoevade.

EDIT: It’s probably worth mentioning that the not-aGIing-thrusts thing goes all the way back to SC1 Sophitia’s A+B.

Last edited:
Some adjustments i'd like to see for ZWEI. These will just be simple number adjustments, things like frames and damage that i think would go a long way in making him far more competitive without huge overhauls, no new moves or property changes. That way this would work for both a patch job and a simple blueprint for adjustments in a sequel.

1. 4A Hold changed from +8 on block to +11, +21 on hit to +25 -Allows for more dangerous followups due to the increased amount of time ZWEI will be able to act while still having Ein out and less devastating punishment for having been blocked.
2. 1B Hold changed from +2 on block to +4, +6 on hit to +10 -See above
3. 4B frames changed from i17 to i14. -Gives him a decent punish without meter, a considerably better one with.
4. 6B damage changed from 12 to 20. -Ties into the adjustment above, frames are identical but this move becomes a good damage option without meter that comes with the trade off of not getting a knockdown, being a high, and being a weaker option when you do have meter.
5. A+B frames changed from i19 to i18. Damage reduced from 40 to 30. Changed from -16 to -13 on block -Becomes sort of like his "launch" punish at i18 without being his actual launch of 3B. Mostly because i feel his 3B being i19 makes sense judging from what he can get off of it when extended with meter. Damage adjusted to account for the reduced frames on block, frames altered to be a safer poking tool that remains linear and steppable.
6. 6A+B frames changed from i7 to i5, impact frame duration remains the same. -This GI seems pretty clearly designed with the idea in mind that it would be very powerful at the cost of putting EIN on cooldown, which is a huge trade off. Frames adjusted to be more useful for interrupting certain strings, most notably Viola's 44A BE, and being put on par with the frames of other similar GIs.
7. 6B+K frames changed from i27 to i20. -Come on, seriously, it needs something, as it is this move is completely useless. At least this way it can feasibly be used as a backstep catcher.
8. CE frames changed from i22 to i19. -Improves the moves usefulness as a backstep catcher and whiff punisher.

Back