What is a good opening move?

DC97

[10] Knight
I can't seem to find a solid opening move. I always end up teleporting, BB-ing, or 8AK to BK x 5.

Backdash BB all you need

edit:Dawg can you please add a + between your inputs?

like A+K is not the same as AK. . really confusing somtimes

Umm a good opening moves. Well a good 1B could give you an easy tech trap and half life combo really fast. Also, try to pop back with some bubbles as start for your Algol setups.

safest is prob backdash, 2A+B. pretty sure the 2A+B slightly pushes you further too so its a good move to start the round with some distance. once you got ur range, flood the place with bubbles and plot out ur attack. 1B and backdash BB works too

if ur playing some1 who likes to walk back at the beginning of the match then 4B+K is a nice starter for a nice lil combo.

yeah true after they get hit by 1B enuff times there most likely gonna start stepping back at the beginning of the match. thats where 4B+K comes in.

If you think they are going to move away you can use 66A, its not great on block, but generally people don't stop and block fast enough even if they see it coming because they have committed to trying to step away.

Also, I like to do a step back then 8A+K BBBBBBB(how many?) just because it annoys people and usually gets them worked up enough to charge at you.

2A+B is a pretty safe opening move. However, you lose ground by doing this, for it is best to try to stay in the center of the field. If you notice them being passive at round start set 4[A+B]

You are so far away that for either side to attack at round start allows the more defensive minded player to easily cause they move to whiff by means of sidestep or backstep into a punish.

Observe how the opponent behaves at round start, and chose to either advance or retreat based on this.

Teleport is decent for catching opponent by surprise. A character who gets stuck in certain moves for a long time once they wiff (like Kilik), you can nail them for a surprise combo.

4B+K is a pretty good opening move, since most people tend to back up from their opponent when the fight starts. Takes them by total surprise when they're being launched in the air.

4B+K is a parlor trick move and it's not a very good one either.

backdash canceling into more backdashes, backdash cancel G, backdash cancel attack, backdash cancel to step, all those make it totally fail.

yeah 4B+K only works on noobs

when im playing as algol against AIN666 he will rarely step backwards

you can step backward and still not get hit by it as long as you do one of the things I mentioned, that's why it sucks

:bA: if your opponent charge at you
:(6)::A: if your opponent move on side
:4::B:+:K: when they move backward (this move is SOOOOOO funny!)

Back