What is your dream game?

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
My ideal game is a 2-D action platformer with elements from Kirby Super Star, Mega Man, and Contra with co-op multiplayer.

The controls would be mapped out like this:

North- Shoot
South- Melee Attack
East- Jump
West- Um....
Left Bumper- Weapon/Power Scroll L
Right Bumper- Weapon/Power Scroll R
Left Trigger- Grab/ Grappling Hook
Right Trigger- Aiming/Blocking

Any questions?

A few come to mind.

1) A 2D complex Digimon fighting game with 3D models.
Not like the simple rumble arena games were you only have 5-6 moves to spam.
A game with inputs like the ones from Street Fighter Or King Of Fighters. Ex: [:2::3::6::A:/:B:/:K:/:G:/:A+G:/:A+B:/:A+K:/:B+G:/:B+K:/:K+G:/:A+B+K:/etc] ~ [:4::1::2::3::6: Buttons] ~ etc.
With only Mega/Burst Mode/Super Ultimate level Digimon such as these:
1024px-Gallantmon_(Crusader)_b.jpg
AncientBeetlemon_b.jpg
Barbamon.jpg
Ceresmon_medium (2).jpg
ChaosmetalSeadramonbandai.jpg
Devitamamon_b.jpg
Dianamon_b.jpg
Dinorexmon.jpg
Dorbickmon.jpg
Duskmon_b.jpg
Gankoomon_b.jpg
Goldramon_b.jpg
GranDracmon_b.jpg
Gryphonmon.jpg
HerculesKabuterimon_b.jpg
Hououmon_b.jpg
Jesmon_b.jpg
Magnadramon_b.jpg
Lotusmon.jpg
Megidramon_b.jpg
MetalGarurumon_b.jpg
omnimon___digimon_world_re__digitize_by_petronikus-d67riee.jpg
Ophanimon_b.jpg
PrinceMamemon_b.jpg
Raijinmon.jpg
Reapermon_b.jpg
Rosemon_b.jpg
Sakuyamon.jpg
Seraphimon_b.jpg
Shakamon_b.jpg
Shakkoumon_b.jpg
Spinomon.jpg
TyrantKabuterimon_b.jpg
Venusmon_b.jpg
Vikemon_b.jpg
wargreymon___digimon_world_re__digitize_by_petronikus-d67dy3r.jpg
ZeedGarurumon_b.jpg
Lampmon.jpg
VictoryGreymon_b.jpg
Vulcanusmon_b.jpg
-With an adventure mode [similar to Digimon All-Star Rumble's Story Mode].
-Multiplayer mode.
-ONLINE Multiplayer.
-New DLC Digimon monthly releases to keep the game alive.
-On Ps4/X1.

2)A 3D Bleach Fighting Game.If Naruto & One Piece can do it,so can Bleach!
*A story mode for each arc: Soul Society Arc,Arrancar Arc,and Fullbring arc.
*Include the noticeable characters from each arc:
- Soul Society Arc: All Captains and Lieutenants.Ichigo and his friends,Urahara , and Yorouichi.
-Arrancar Arc: All the espada + Aizen,Tousen,and Gin.
- Fullbring Arc: All the fullbringers that stand out.
*Traditional Versus mode: 1 vs 1
*Team Battle Mode: 2 vs 2 to 5 vs 5.
*A Tutorial & Training Mode :Explaining and teaching the basics and mechanics of the game.
*Arcade Mode : (Murder a bunch of hollows;as you pass through stages,they get stronger.) Hollows -> Menos Grande ->Vasto Lords.
*Soul Creation Mode: Create your own Soul Reaper/Arrancar/Fullbringer.
*Online Mode: Rank Match + Player Match + Tournament holder.With lobbies up to 5 players.Most importantly,Excellent robust Netcode.
*Fighting Mechanics (I'll be referring to the Play Station Controllers):
1)Basic button moves:
-Square: Horizontal hit (Can be comboed if pressed 3 times fast,extended combo if pressed extremely fast)
-Triangle: Vertical hit (Can be comboed if pressed 3 times fast,extended combo if pressed extremely fast)
-Circle: Kick (Can be comboed if pressed twice fast,extended if pressed extremely fast)
-Cross: Jump (Can jump twice.If pressed rapidly with a direction arrow,you can perform a flash step).
-R1: Guard
-R2:Guard Breaker:A strong move that breaks the opponent's guard.a bit slow but effective.
-L1:Boost: Used to boost a move if you have a meter fulfilled (Read below).
-L2:Taunt.
*Combining two buttons can perform signature moves. -Ex: (With Ichigo) Square + Triangle = Getsuga Tenshou. *Square + Cross = Grab. For all characters.
METERS: -Reiatsu Bar:Basically three small bars. You fill them while you're causing damage,or while you're being damaged.If you fulfill one bar,you can use it to boost a single move in damage and speed by pressing L1 while executing the move. If you have three Bars fulfilled,you can access your "ultimate form" depending on the character.Can be Bankai if shinigami,resurrection if Espada,etc.Which will hugely increase the speed and damage of moves,but stays for a little while.

Last edited:
My dream game?

Probably a unique 3D fighting game that feels more 3D than any 3D fighting I've played; by far Virtual Fighter Final Showdown seems to have a more 3D feel than any other 3D fighting game I've played.

Main focus is on custom characters that build through experience through an RPG system in which there are many branches of fighting skills that are dependent on character attributes.

Less button meshing and more command specific for certain attack moves that makes total sense. Chaining one specific attack move to another forming a string attack and a stamina gauge to plan & budget your form of attack.

Last edited:
What if I told you that I want Namco to make a new 3-D fighting game franchise?

That made one that takes place in the present (Tekken) and one that takes place in the past (Soul Calibur), so...

Why not make one that takes in the Future? Everyone will have beam blades, laser guns, and jet-packs to emphasize vertical movement.

What if I told you that I want Namco to make a new 3-D fighting game franchise?

That made one that takes place in the present (Tekken) and one that takes place in the past (Soul Calibur), so...

Why not make one that takes in the Future? Everyone will have beam blades, laser guns, and jet-packs to emphasize vertical movement.

Rise of the incarnates?

I want an open world RPG that generates its own narrative based on the politics of the region, monster activity etc. I was thinking that they coudl offload the political aspect by having an asynchronous strategy game that'd control the overall political climate with strategy players taking the role of kings etc. (Make it slow turn based to keep things from shifting too fast for the other half of the game.)

Then you'd have the micro level game where you'd be a D&D style adventurer trying to navigate the resulting landscape. Getting into or avoiding wars intrigue etc as you saw fit.

I'm always told such a beast is flat out impossible.

A Star Wars fighting game. Playing the Star Wars characters in SCIV made me see how good the concept can work.

An Xbox Smash Bros. game. Hey, Nintendo made it and Sony ripped it off, so why not?

A crossover fighting game that pits western cartoon characters like Aang, Samurai Jack, Duke, and Ben Tennyson against anime characters like Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy, and Edward Elric. Sadly, this would be a licensing nightmare so it probably won't happen.

An open world game set in my native Seattle.

An open world/action-stealth game where you play as a ninja. Large cities and forests are available for you to use your amazing acrobatic abilities to fight evil.

As someone who has the potential to produce a entirely new fighting IP, I rather keep it to myself.

wut i wud liek m8:
Personal 3 Golden
Kirby Air Ride 2
Sonic Adventure 3
Project M 4.0

A TTT style Soulcalibur game that features every character in series history as playable.

After SCVI, of course.

my dream game is another sega Fighter's megamix. Only this time.. really get the licenses to other games and make it a real mega mix.
basically:
TECMO KOEI X SEGA X CAPCOM X SNK X NAMCO BANDAI X KONAMI X MIDWAY X SQUAREENIX

Imagine:
Fighting vipers vs DOA
Sega's daytona car vs Ace combat jet!
Last blade vs soul calibur!
Chocobo vs Sonic!!!
Shen mue characters vs Metal gear snake!!

FIGHTERS MEGAMIX DREAM ARCADE! that would be the title... it would be glorious.

Till then, I'll settle for tekken x street fighter. AKUMA IN TEKKEN 7!!! what an age we live in.

Comic book movies out the wazoo, cross overs that in our childhood could only dream in what if circumstances...
Good god, what a time to be alive.

During Psx-Ps2 eras if you asked me this question I probably would answered something about a turn based RPG mixing elements from Suikoden, FF, Persona...

But right now my dream game would be something open-world like skyrim but with even more role options, like the possibility to be actually evil, not just random acts of violence but ditching aside completly the main quest and conquer the country. And for gameplay...something like dark souls not in difficulty or game design but in how you can build your charácter and the variety of weapons and big charismatic bosses.

I want an open world game set in Tokyo. There aren't any games like that, and don't even bring up Yakuza because that's not really what I'm talking about. Something like an accurate recreation of Tokyo to explore would be a dream come true.

-A Soul Calibur with art direction/cast that does'nt suck.
Art direction of SC1 with SC3 cast. And solid gameplay

-A DMC4 style crossover action game where you can use Dante, Bayonetta and Gene (from GodHand)

-An huge, giant Berserk game made by From Software in Dark Souls/Bloodborne style

-An huge, giant Castelvania SotN remake made by From Software in Dark Souls/Bloodborne style

-A new Darkstalkers with SFV graphic

-A Capcom VS SNK 3 with SFV graphic

-Guardian Heroes remake with GGxrd graphic

-Skies of Arcadia 2

-GodHand 2

-A legit sequel to Nights

-Super Puzzle Fighter 2. Just add more characters.

-A modern Zelda style remake of Beyond Oasis

-A Ghouls'n Ghost remake Maximo style

-A Metal Slug by Platinum

-An huge, giant Berserk game made by From Software in Dark Souls/Bloodborne style

-An huge, giant Castelvania SotN remake made by From Software in Dark Souls/Bloodborne style

-A new Darkstalkers with SFV graphic

FUND IT! Although the Berserk game based on the Black Swordman arc, since the troll arc ended it became too mainstream fantasy, not that I dislike it, but I liked more the horror vibe that made it feel unique.

Final Fantasy X would be the perfect game for me, if it had more serious enemies, the fiends are usually ridiculous. But everything else about it - Music, battle system, story, bosses.... It's bloody perfect for me.

Back