What kind of characters would you like to see in future SC games?

Do you want to see Ashlotte in Soul Calibur six?

• Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters
I already suggested on the first page that they could adapt Darth Vader's style into a new character. Maybe someone with connections to Soul Edge, giving him dark powers. Would be pretty interesting.

or we could just leave out starwars related stuff because its awful Kappa
No, I mean from a gameplay perspective, Vader fit in the most and only stood out in terms of aesthetics. If they adapted his style into a new SC character, it could work.

I know this place can have a good discussion at times. It's just every time certain characters get brought up (I think you know which ones. Although surprisingly they are not the cause in this case) their seems to be a call for blood or someone's blood if you get what I mean.

well I can't say you're wrong, and to be truthful Talim fans are nothing short of annoying, not only because they refuse to shut up about her, or say they'll boycott SC because she wasn't in the latest game...but also because when you ask them WHY they think Talim should be in the series, you'll find they won't be able to give a coherent or convincing reason and you just get answers that basically amount to "muh Talim!" and a few choice words after, which doesn't really help the case at all and solidifies they're nothing short of retarded.

Same can almost be said for Zas fans...I've come across one or two people on 8WR who acted as rabid as talim fans...and I explained the process of how a debate works and how to beat me in one (it really isn't hard)...Now I say almost because there are people who know how to be civilised and have presented a decent case as to why Zas should be in series, it hasn't changed my opinion that Zas is lame and boring, but I can definitely respect the fans views of him a lot more.

Now, there's something else I need you to understand here; do you see this process I'm going through with you? where I have my opinion and present my cases and debates in a coherent, easy-to-understand and a rather civilised manner?
This here is what Nyte lacks, and I've explained this to him before, on several occasions mind you, he refuses to listen and continues to act like a bawling child who needs his safe space whenever someone disagrees with or insults him, resorting to childish insults that I can't get mad at even if I tried to, instead of keeping composure, doing some simple research and presenting a clear case on his views. This why Nyte gets fked over and loses every argument he gets into.
As for me:

Funny how people don't realise that ZER0 doesn't give a shit about any of this and just wants angry replies.

this explains everything Kappa

well I can't say you're wrong, and to be truthful Talim fans are nothing short of annoying, not only because they refuse to shut up about her, or say they'll boycott SC because she wasn't in the latest game...but also because when you ask them WHY they think Talim should be in the series, you'll find they won't be able to give a coherent or convincing reason and you just get answers that basically amount to "muh Talim!" and a few choice words after, which doesn't really help the case at all and solidifies they're nothing short of retarded.

Same can almost be said for Zas fans...I've come across one or two people on 8WR who acted as rabid as talim fans...and I explained the process of how a debate works and how to beat me in one (it really isn't hard)...Now I say almost because there are people who know how to be civilised and have presented a decent case as to why Zas should be in series, it hasn't changed my opinion that Zas is lame and boring, but I can definitely respect the fans views of him a lot more.

Now, there's something else I need you to understand here; do you see this process I'm going through with you? where I have my opinion and present my cases and debates in a coherent, easy-to-understand and a rather civilised manner?
This here is what Nyte lacks, and I've explained this to him before, on several occasions mind you, he refuses to listen and continues to act like a bawling child who needs his safe space whenever someone disagrees with or insults him, resorting to childish insults that I can't get mad at even if I tried to, instead of keeping composure, doing some simple research and presenting a clear case on his views. This why Nyte gets fked over and loses every argument he gets into.
As for me:

this explains everything Kappa
I know people can get pissed when their favourite characters get cut from fighting games I can understand peoples frustration, however I've noticed that on both sides of the fence not just on 8wayrun it just seems the discussion of these characters just lead to poison for one reason or another both sides can't debate or even talk without it devolving in one way or another it's just sad.

I've played a few fighting games where my main gets cut in later games including this franchise where my main more or less got cut in SC5 but I'm not just going to boycott the game because of that it would be stupid to do so there is more to Soul Calibur then a single character.

I'm not saying give up on those characters that got cut by all means continue to support them and rally for them to be in the next game but please rally behind these characters for a good reason. For example don't rally behind Zasalamel just because he's black and Soul Calibur needs to meet some random diversity quota for some reason. That's just going to make people think that's all he's got going for him and that's going to tick people off as well, rally behind him because of his moveset, his character or heck even if you just like his weapon cause it looks cool. Just please people push for these characters for the right reasons.

Also thank you for being willing to try and talk about this I don't want to try and get into this little beef you and Nyte have but my advice to anyone within these similar circumstances don't tell your opposition to fuck off it makes it look like you've got no comeback or no talking points left so you've gone onto attack your oppositions character/person rather than debunk what they just said.

Coming back to this, I feel that Vader's moveset should just be reserved for a SW fighting game of it's own. I don't hate it but for a SC game I honestly don't see it fitting in. I know Soulcalibur isn't known for realism but I honestly feel with SW in there made it feel a little too ridiculous. I'll save my SW fighting game comments for a future thread.

My thoughts on this also apply to Yoda and Starkiller as well.

I can think of three characters:

Night Terror: It would be interesting seeing how he exisits in the Astral Chaos seperately from Soul Edge while at the same time being Nightmare who has absorbed the power of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge.

Inferno: Depends on what kind of Soul Edge host we'd get, but in the Astral Chaos, someone who is directly possessed by Inferno could the other half of Inferno in there. Would be fun.

Zasalamel: Well, what happened to the guy? Is he dead like he wanted?

Maybe in the next game Elysium could find a host for Soul Calibur, namely Patroklos. This way, we can write Patroklos out of the game but keep his differentiated style. They could call the wielder "Helios".

Maybe in the next game Elysium could find a host for Soul Calibur, namely Patroklos. This way, we can write Patroklos out of the game but keep his differentiated style. They could call the wielder "Helios".
Or just give Elysium her own fighting style and keep Pat the way he is with his regular style.

Back