What kind of characters would you like to see in future SC games?

Do you want to see Ashlotte in Soul Calibur six?

• Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters
I'm just going to state that I don't hate Patroklos but I think it's foolish to say he's guaranteed to be back.

What SC5 proved is if your character has a amazing legacy it doesn't matter you can still be cut from the game for whatever reason. Protagonist or not Patroklos can be cut if PS deems it necessary just like everyone else that got cut prior.

Also we don't know what's going on over at PS right now so I wouldn't be speculating over SC6's roster itself could be considered pointless as for all we know they could be working on nothing at all.

Pat will thankfully be in SC6 considering he's been in literally every game after SC5 with Hoshino. Also, he has one of the best move sets of all the newcomers, and I'd say the best out of the actual three new movesets in SC5 (Pat, Viola, Zwei).
Also, fuck talim. I hope she stays gone.
I agree with you here. People seem to blindly bash Pat just because of how he was in SCV. But when you think about it he was meant to start off as a flawed protagonist. That and his sword and shield moveset is actually not even close to being a copy of Sophie or Cass.

Talim is overrated AF and has never been relevant from both a story and competitive standpoint.

Wouldnt say he has the best moveset though. Zwei and Viola are way more creative. Still a good one though

Yeah a free-to-play and a pachinko machine really hammer home that he's returning /sarcasm. I remember when he was announced for Lost Swords in the universal reaction was a big resounding NO!

The pachislot game came out well after the popularity polls and Pat was still in.

Looks like the polls didn't mean jack.

Also a Aztec/Mayan or native American warrior for SC6 would be great. Its a video game, you can make the timeline work... there's a flying fire breathing lizard for fucks sake.

Also, fuck talim. I hope she stays gone.
may the wind only blow afoul in thy direction.

i miss her and her moveset. i'd like to see her fully grown in the next game, but then again, there's something about that small frame moving arround the stage at a lightning pace that just works for her style, so it's a little hard to pick between the two.

i mean, astaroth would look silly holding a huge axe and having scrawny arms with a body to match, and you wouldn't exactly want to see nightmare floating arround the battlefield with amy's rapier either.

same goes for talim. could you see Ivy pulling off those moves with her body size? hell, swap her style in SC4 if you're curious!

Last edited:
The pachislot game came out well after the popularity polls and Pat was still in.

Looks like the polls didn't mean jack.
Considering it's been almost 2 years since that pointless Facebook poll I'd say it's best to just go with the fact that it wasn't leading to anywhere. Although I get the feeling that there are some people on here that are still living by it.

Considering it's been almost 2 years since that pointless Facebook poll I'd say it's best to just go with the fact that it wasn't leading to anywhere. Although I get the feeling that there are some people on here that are still living by it.

a popularity poll is supposed to be just that. but this is the internet. people can vote on something from multiple accounts. i can't tell you how many people keep sending me junk mail about psn codes from newly created accounts.

but then again, if they're ignoring the results of the poll, then yeah, it's kinda pointless to have held it.

also, not only did we not ask for the pachislot crap, i don't recall too many people outside of japan even wanting that shit. i mean, i thought america was a bigger market? most people i see on soulcalibur nowadays are in america, with some from other countries, japan being a rarity.

good business is supply and demand. either they think that this pachislop is more profitable in japan alone than a new game worldwide, or they're afraid that talking about a new game now would hurt tekken somehow.

seriously, if tekken 7 is garbage, i'll be super pissed that they made us suffer for a new soul calibur. even moreso if we don't get one.

the popularity poll wasnt even ran by project soul though, so why bring it up? it is also super old at this point

Last edited:
I think there's some misunderstanding about that poll, it exists just to gather information about how much, on average, each character is accepted by players. It never really were "first 25 positions of the poll are going to be next game's roster, everyone else are going to be PURGED FROM EXISTENCE BY HOLY FLAMES OF MARKETING DIVISION". Poll is, most probably, going to be taken in consideration, but if PS want/need to include Pat/anyone else low in the poll, then they definitely would do so.

Project Soul didn't make the pachislot game
no, maybe not, but namco either made it itself or liscenced the characters out.

if they made it themselves, then my point stands. if the licensed them out however... why? just... why?

also, i wouldn't knock polls too much. they're why we have both Dizzy and Baiken in Xrd: Revelator (rev2 for baiken)

it just makes no sense to me that they wouldn't do anything for a series that has an existing fanbase, and stop bothering with even social media for the game.

IDK, it just seems to me like they're trying to either prepare the player base for a next gen game, or prepare to let the series slowly die.

also, i wouldn't knock polls too much. they're why we have both Dizzy and Baiken in Xrd: Revelator (rev2 for baiken)
In that poll it was specifecally stated that the winner is going to be added to the roster, with SC poll nothing was said, exept that it's for the "future of the series". And thus your argument is invalid.

Back