What stages would you like to see?

Hm, well for new levels, yes, I highly agree that I would love to see some traditional Japanese, Middle Eastern/Egyptian, Indian, & Chinese levels for sure. This is why I mostly love a lot of the stages from the first three Soul Calibur games as they touched upon these themes quite nicely.

latest
latest

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

After playing SSB4, I want a stage set in space like a three-dimensional Final Destination. It would just be so cool to see the stars and planets around you as you fight to the death.

But I'd like something more, it just isn't quite on the level of epicness.
Probably cuz the ost for that stage sucks lol. It's actually quite a beautiful stage, especially when looking at the images from the artbook. Maybe if they expanded it, instead of making it a random circle with walls.
It does look better than the one in SCIII and SCIV. They're slowly making it more epic. :D

Wouldn't mind ring outs being more like DoA where falling takes away a chunk of health, just without the rock paper scissors or an injustice like cutscenes.
I definitelly agree on this, because ring outs are a fucking pain the ass.

(tbh i am weak for anything with flowers, gardens and/or fountains, i loved the japan stage in sc2, xianghua and setsukas sc3 stages, and sc4 thesmopolous. the church level in sc4 was my favorite in that game, the stained glass is so beautiful)

- an abandoned, dilapidated castle with collapsing beams that you have to sidestep.
- Indian stage, preferably outside a palace or garden
- Zasalamel's tribe's land; in a citadel type place with african and mesopotamian elements
- the Bird of Passage's hatching dungeon
- Seong's dojang. with mi-na, yun-seong (unless you're playing as them) and students watching the fight.
- forest stage where you get to fight on top a big tree branch
- a hill on a battlefield, or something slightly sloped

in general i want to see more interactive and destructible stages, sc's are GORGEOUS but pretty static.
You talk about a hill battlefield stage etc., which reminded me of SCIII modding. By quite an easy method you can for example swap character models, weapons, styles, animations, and stages. And there are many stages you can't select that are in cutscenes. So I tried those stages, and some of them are amazing, for example the setting from setsuka's or yoshimitsu's ending is huge, and I can fight wherever I want - on a roof, on a bridge, in an alley, uder the bridge, etc. There's also crazy stuff like using the title screen or menu screen as a stage. But this gave me an idea, that they could make bigger stages, where you could run to where you want to fight, in different heights, etc. For example try to imagine having some bridges around the Lotus Garden stages, on which you could fight, or run to a different place. Would be cool, huh? Btw, if anyone is interested in SCIII modding, there is a cool guy on youtube - The Owen, he shows how to do it, and what you can do with it.

- A stage set in the sky above the clouds
- In the middle of a poor village that's being run amok
- On top of a castle in the middle of a war
- A Fu-Ma Clan stage (one better than Natsu's stage).
- In the streets of London
- A beach island (SCV lacked one. It would be fitting to have one with swimsuit costumes)
- Middle Eastern desert stage
- New World (pre-America) stage, I'd picture this for Rock
- Japanese stage where you fight surrounded by cherry blossom trees
- Astral Chaos, were you travel between different worlds each round

Last edited:
I've said it before and i'll say it now. I want a real Gladiator coloseum-style stage with a huge audience cheering or going "Ohhh" when you deliver a real good hit or when you use your Critical Edge or something. We kind of got it but it was more like a cage match with a couple of guys just sitting there while they're staring at their phones.
Soul-Calibur-V-Arena.jpg

What i'm looking for is a stage like this one from Mortal Kombat 9.
latest

I've said it before and i'll say it now. I want a real Gladiator coloseum-style stage with a huge audience cheering or going "Ohhh" when you deliver a real good hit or when you use your Critical Edge or something. We kind of got it but it was more like a cage match with a couple of guys just sitting there while they're staring at their phones.

What i'm looking for is a stage like this one from Mortal Kombat 9.
latest

latest

This stage was pretty close too and (IMO) original, since you're fighting in a cage in the middle of a circus, with an audiance cheering and circus animals all around doing tricks.

latest

This stage was pretty close too and (IMO) original, since you're fighting in a cage in the middle of a circus, with an audiance cheering and circus animals all around doing tricks.

Close, yes. Original, well yes, pretty much. But it is not what i'm looking for. I mean a REAL fighting arena. Not a circus act.(though it was a cool stage) Plus that the audience didn't make a sound which was boring.

Revisited Stages

-Shrine of Confined Demons (SE)-Taki's stage in Soul Edge. Have the stage look like it has been abandoned, but slowly getting brought back to life (lanterns around the stage). Add more scenery (weeds, rock), in addition to an abandoned temple. Maybe add a few demons appearing in the background Hopefully if Riki appears, this could be his stage.

-Unknown World (SE)-Rock's stage in Soul Edge. Again, more scenery. Maybe a waterfall in the distance. I'm thinking similar to Vanessa's stage on Virtua Fighter 5. If Bangoo appears, this should be his stage.

Last edited:
I'd like to see multi-tier stages like the 3D Mortal Kombat games had. When you knocked someone off the edge of a stage they would fall to a lower level and the battle would keep going.

New stages

Asia

Hopefully if the year of the next game's storyline is 1609, this could give them an opportunity for an Invasion of Ryukyu stage for Maxi....or that alleged eighth brother of Mitsurugi's since the brother has a connection with Ryukyu Kingdom. Another boat stage, yes, and probably similar to SC3's Battle of the Strait.

A stage reflecting on the Edo Period, since this is years after the beginning of the period. I thought about having a stage possibly near the Himeji Castle. Might end up being very similar to SC2's Kaminoi Castle stage

Instead of the flowery Lotus Garden from SC3, I'd like Leixia to have a stage directly referencing the JiChang Garden, which is more along the lines of various colored trees being the dominant aspect. Maybe add mist and fog. Just to make the stage (and Leixia) more mature and Wuxia-like.

Europe

If a Safavid (Arabic) character gets added, an elaborate desert would seem like an easy approach. Various aspects include ancient temples, and a cliff opposite to the temple for ring outs. At first I was envisioning a stage that reflected their successes in the Safavid-Ottoman war at the time, but I didn't know how that could be used.

For Pyrrha, a cave with light shining over the arena. The standouts around the arena are three statues, depicting the Eumenides (her "Hephaestus" basically). There is a huge back story to this cave in mythology and plays, so this is the reason I chose this idea for her.

Back