What's up with all the Algol hate?

LordMarvXIII

[10] Knight
Dunno if this should be in the character specific section for Algol, since that is made for game play discussion only iirc.

Now to the main topic, recently when I went into lobbies I got either hatemail,kicked and hatemail or called names for using Algol, regardless of losing or winning. I usually laugh it off or ignore it if something like this happens and keep on using him instead of switching to Devil Jin or Mitsurugi just to annoy people even more.]

But I don't understand what causes these reactions, is it because Algol is a nudist now? Or because he's OP? He's not doing more damage than a full brave edge combo with just one throw like a particular other character in this game.

And no this is not a bitching topic

I really like Algol in this game. I think its pretty ridiculous people would kick you for using him. It's just hate since using Algol is not very common and he's good. :P

Algol is probably the coolest most badass male character imo. However there is nothing I hate more then being 2-0 up and then getting destroyed by his meter combo, the worst part of it all is I always feel obliged to say 'gg' after because no matter how many times I see his crazy combo I am always impressed.

They're mad because they can't handle Queen Algol's badassery, and they're still seething from losing to him on easy in SCIV.​

I've never ran into this. I've gotten some "Ugh, Algol" or "Uh-oh, algol"'s on mic but that's it.
Yesterday I did have some guy quit as I did his CE2, just as it zoomed in on his crotch. Wish I'd snapped a picture.

maybe because algol IS broken....
still not a reason to boot...its not the only to have broken mooves (see teleport and other stuff).

Also its understandable most people out there are just average at this game...
And some characters at avreage levels are even more broken...that is something namco never considered...how a game is balanced for average people.

I mean most of their customers are not tournament players....so they obviously are pissed off by moves that can only be JustGuarded as drawback (for example).

maybe because algol IS broken....
mj-laughing.gif

Linear power mids, whiffing issues, what step kill he has is slow/high/unsafe/little reward on hit. Poor nh damage outside 44B. Frame trap options are slow as a general thing. He's a great character, not over powred. He has bad matchups, he has weaknesses. Broken should mean that the character can't be dealt with by the rest of the cast. He can be. He's a strong character, top 5 without a doubt in my mind. Regardless not broken.

Frankly, I don't like Algol because I think he's a really poorly designed character, that came out of nowhere in SC4 and literally has no involvement in SC5 at all. His fighting style is stupid, out of place, and obviously trying too hard, and in my experience, almost everyone I've met who uses Algol is an asshole. I don't think he's overpowered, especially not in SC5, I just think he's a stupid character that tends to be used by douchebags. My reasoning is similar for Devil Jin and Vader in SC4.

Back