whats up with the SC community ?

Did you just say the online is solid?????????

Online is horrible...even on most 5 connections! I don't even know where to begin on that rant.

The thing with online is NEVER take it seriously as it's so flawed it's only really there for fun and getting used to a character. I can lose to the same mitsu player over and over online...I'll bet money offline I will own them every time with GIs and reliable combos.

I smell a money match... an.. ONLINE MONEY MATCH!!! lol. put up yo holo-foil charizard on e-bay bitch and we will THROW DOWN!!!

OH I see... you pussied out and sold your xbox 360 so you didn't have to play my lag monster asty's amazing 1ab combo (don't give me that "its not a combo" bullshit..we all know you just don't have the timing down on it if its not comboing on or offline). Its okay bro, Ivy would have been pussy-whipped by astaroth anyway. Loser (you) would have to make a CAS that they play with EVERY match from then on named "chokondick" (not enough room to spell out all the way I assume). Cuz my 1ab GOD play would be ramming it till the ho hung herself with her own whip sword and cried back to her rapist father (we KNOW that dead mutherfucker tapped that when she was amy's age....).

Online is the SHIT. Its where it ALL happens. If you don't play online then nobody is gonna know how damn FINE u is. You nned to choke on your words and realize that online is not worse...not even the SAME... but BETTER than offline. Sure its skilled to block a low. But think how skilled it must be to KNOW they are gonna go low, so you are instead of 1 step behind...you are 3 steps ahead!! Thats fucking FRAME RAPE there homie. FRAME R-A-P-Eizzle. Fuck it, if I could play every game online isntead of offline I would. Imagine how great a game like the sims would be!! Instead of having to see what they did, you've be able to KNOW before they did it!! then you wouldn't have to play the game and instead you could go out and talk with ppl who don't care saying that you are the best sim player in the world!! Or what about WoW?!?! You could win every match-up thingy-ma-jig and not even have to play!! saving COUNTLESS hours of weight gain/hairloss/sterility!! If more games were like SC4 online the world would be a better place

So don't go around saying a 5 bar isn't legit... cuz its 2 legit to quit baby. 2..legit...2 legit 2 quit.

quit...quit...wait...what does that make me think of... OH YEAAAAAAAaaaaaa...

....plz stop making these threads ppl...same ppl post all the time saying the same damn thing...AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. Just make one HUGE thread called "I like to spend my time on the computer repeating myself to new ppl as if they are listening thoughtful to actually READ what I say and not just find something wrong with it" I know...long name...just make it an acro... "ILTSMTOTCRMTNPAITALTTARWISANJFSWWI" Trust me...the acronym its less irritating than reading the multitude of threads like this.

TO THREAD MAKER: If you want to find ppl to play... look in matchmaking section or just simply post something about wanting to find ppl to play with. Otherwise you are not gonna find an answer to who to play online, but rather why you shouldn't bother playing and having fun online at all..... if u want u can add me..see if we have a good connection..and if so I'll play you and if not...find someone else on the site who plays online at all.
also it might help to look in a couple diff threads about "good players online" for PSN and XBOX. While there is a lot of bitch talkin in there, the names of good ppl to fight makes up for it. :)

To prove my point I just did one of my cruelest beat down perfects ever and lost the next 3 rounds to GI whiffs.

R1:

CL 66A~B+K

on Wake Up: SW 6, iCS

on Wake Up: SW 2B, FC 3B, iCs

PERFECT!

Next round i was missing all my blocks and GI's because online is all about aggro mix up...defense is garbage since it's unreliable. If your blocking most the time...your probably losing online...unless they're dumb enough to give you a freebie punish every time.

I disagree. While I understand that online play can be incredibly laggy, I play with a group of people who GI consistently, and well. I play my Yoshimitsu particularly defensively and win very often, and I seldom have a problem with spammers.

Most people who GI online usually do so after.. a BB with Sophitia or something along those lines. GI'ing, especially online, isn't too safe.. unless you predicted the person you're fighting pretty well, then you could probably do something other than GI'ing. The moves I GI online are usually already unsafe .. such as Cerv's BBB.

Totally agree, there are GI on anticipation and GI on reaction. The first works fine online, as long as you don't rely on the visuals, but its extremely risky and only really works for people with really predictable patterns. For example, if you fight someone who always attack right after blocking, just do BB -> 6G, and you will get a GI, needless to say it doesn't work against good players. Same thing for telegraphed strings.

GI on reaction is completely retarded online. Because you need to rely on the visuals to react and GI, but the problem is...what is happening on your screen isn't whats happening in the game. To make the matter worst, the lag shifts so you really can't tell when the move is gonna hit you. For example, online I have problem GI stuff like ast 1[A]B, where as offline I'm pretty sure its target practice for everyone. Consider the fact that moves like that make you pay BIG if you missed the GI, guarding is usually a safer solution (which leads to some retarded setups).

The quality of online play really depend on the player and the connection. If both players have a offline mindset, play like they normally would and ignore the lag as much as possible, then you can get really good games. If both players use a "play to win" mindset, and have no problem abuse things like 1A/BB "mix up", then you might as well play the AI...

To make the matter worst, the lag shifts so you really can't tell when the move is gonna hit you.
That again...?
Don't you people realize that the GI window is huge?

You can either take a risk and GI late and attempt a JI, or you can play it safe and GI way too soon, knowing that you won't JI, but giving yourself more chances to actually impact the hit.

The GI window really is large and forgiving, and lag doesn't "shift" enough to make any difference, thanks to that big window.

It's totally possible to IG online, but you suffer a chance factor on the first attempts of learning the ping...then you also have to take into account shifts in lag. During that match, I took a few unfair combos simply trying to find the delay. When I found it, I landed a few GI's and then the conenction shifted. Now I had to refind the delay...as it was readjusting back to norm. I also have a habit of going for JI's...so in translation with online a JI attempt will almost always = a hit as you will more than likely be a frame or 2 late.

Point is, even if I find the delay...they still got free hits in.

Now lets view this scenario another way...that person got their ass handed to them g1...does that make me good? While it is a very strong sequence i pulled that does take a reasonable amount of skill, there's no way I can know if i got lucky. Perhaps, they should've had one of those hit blocked or ducked the iCS. Maybe he inputted a frame trap that came out late giving me a freebie CH that lead to my 100+dmg combos. One fuck up on lags fault = half his life gone...is that in ANY way fair?

Online is far more about offense than defense simpyl since it's easier to land a hit with lag than it is to block a hit. And gator while I applaud the rant style post over the usualy eTard wit...ya still need to work on that whole humor and effective insult concept. (lol god u play on an xbox360? Pfft. Have fun with that controller) Also...for one bitching about these threads...you sure are doing a great job of repeatedly bumping it. Way to go in supporting the things you hate. Seriously...the competitive community is laughing at you.

If you don't like it why play it. I only have online cause no one near here can play. So i am trying to use it to learn some. I wanna go to a tourney one of these days.

These sort of threads are popping up WAY TOO MUCH. When will people learn that bitching about online gets them nowhere? Nothing's gonna happen. Namco's not going to magically appear, read the woes of SC players, and fix online.

Grar.

I'm actually pretty decent with Tira (I've beaten the tower with her... logged countless hours online.. know every one of her moves), but depending on how bad my lag is/how annoying my opponent online is... I go by this rule:

If you initiate spam, you get spammed (won't do it for long, just long enough to get a point across. it isn't a good strat but it lets them know what they're doing). You play like a bitch, you get played (i have plenty of combos in my arsenal, trust me). I don't tolerate that crap.

The problem is that there are so many people who don't KNOW/CARE what they're doing, and aren't serious players that they think it's either acceptable for funny to play like complete crap. It just isn't cool with me. I wouldn't bother bitching about online. Personally I think it's good practice because you encounter so many different types of players. So just get even.. or take a break and see if the lag recovers. If not, play your friends... play the tower.

Unless your playing someone online thats around the corner from where you live, online play is at least 2-3% slower than offline. Also there are some things that you can do offline that you cant do online (example GI certain Auto-combos midway - Killik). Unfortunately I dont get to play offline since I work all day. Anyone who has played me at 3am EST might know where im coming from. You really just have to be aware that you might need to adopt a different strategy when you play online and understand that certain things wont work. One of the rules of fighting is learning how to adapt to your enviroment. Complaining about it will not help the situation. Of course there are situations where fighting is pointless (less than 3 bars). At that point usally just let the person win. As far as people taking advantage of lag, Any good player who's playing online will recognize that you or them may have lag and stop fighting. Online fighting is not perfect and it probably never will be. Like some of the people have said in here, you just have to know how, where and sometimes when to look.

I agree with IvyFanBoy earlier what he said.

xsora, itz not that ppl hate online itz just that we play online only for casual fun.

Back