Where yo curly mustache at? Dampierre Combos

33B is also completely safe and tech crouches, but does have a good chance of falling into PB instead of attacking. I think I'll do a little testing later to see how often his random stances occur on certain moves...

For those who can't pull off JF kicks, 33B>throw gives solid damage, especially if they wallsplat with A+G for another throw. I uploaded another video to show his A+G wallsplat getting used.

Lolo posted this last page, but you should add A+B, 66K to the first post. It's 49 damage (only 1 less than 44AB), but can wallsplat.

Lolo posted this last page, but you should add A+B, 66K to the first post. It's 49 damage (only 1 less than 44AB), but can wallsplat.

I don't even know why I added A+B, 44A,B, since it's not guaranteed because it can be AC'd out of. -_-

I'll update the first post soon.

New CH combos:

CH 8B+K, 623K:K:K:K:K:K:K:K, 4B - 129 dmg
CH 8B+K, 22_88B,K,B,K - 61 dmg
CH 8B+K, 11_77B - 61 dmg

Tech Traps (all directions):

CH 8B+K, 8B+K - 63 dmg
CH 8B+K, 1A - 61 dmg

Cool about 8B+K. B+K's sneeze stun can guarantee 8B+K btw, found that out when I was messing with sneeze comboing.

I got some things to note that might extend Damp's wall combos, but I haven't been able to test them well enough to record their damage potential. 33B's randomness always gets in the way, and I'm not that good at RCCing (allows standing moves to be used quicker from crouch). Anyway, here's some things to consider.

*3K actually has two kinds of wallstuns. The one I mentioned earlier is barely comboable and is very short, but there's a chance at getting 66K's high wallsplat if they're facing you. 3B doesn't give enough frames to grab like 66K, but 11B works.
*33B can combo into A+B if you Recover Crouch Cancel.
*A+B/33K W! can combo into 33B. Though 33B has a shorter stun in the middle of a combo, it can still combo into JF kicks when near a wall.
*A+B, 66K W! actually gives a high wallsplat alot more often than 66K alone, and doesn't require as much spacing. Easiest when angled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did get a few damage totals from a few altered combos, but not many since they're still quite hard to land.

3K W! (high wallsplat), 11B, 632K:K:K:K:K:K:K:K, 4B = 92 damage
66K W!, 11B, 632K:K:K:K:K:K:K:K, 4B = 113 damage (forgot to put this in my first wall combo post)
A+B, 66K W!, 11B, 632K:K:K:K:K:K:K:K, 4B = 122 damage
A+B, 66K W!, A+G W!, 11B, 632K:K:K:K:K:K:K:K, 4B = 132 damage

That last combo would be even better if I could RC-whatever after 33B, but it's epic enough as it is for now.

EDIT: Well it seems I've reached the threshold where damage scaling finally affects combos negatively. I wasn't able to add 33B to the above combo exactly, but I managed to do 33B, RC A+B, 66K W!, back throw, 1B for 94 damage. does 110 damage, so I guess that's that.

Nice finds, Eyce_Theon.

I just did some further testing and found that the B+K sneeze stun actually doesn't guarantee 11B or 8B+K. The opponent can shake and guard them. It can only guarantee some moves, such as 33B, 3K and 6B among others.

Also, after GI'ing or JI'ing an airborne opponent, the most guaranteed damage you can get is 22_88B,K,B,K for 31 damage.

Oops about B+K, didn't know it was shakeable. 22_88BKBK is actually pretty cool after an air GI, that's quite a bit of RO range.

After recording that match with Clown, I tested some of the stuff she did to me. 33B, 33B, BE, 4B is indeed a combo, but we human players wouldn't want to use it because of that chance of falling. She also taught me that running forward and timing BE after 3B's stun tech traps all directions, which is awesome. I haven't checked to see if other moves give you enough frames to do this yet, but I doubt any/many will.

Made some large changes to the first post:

Removed some combos (ex: stuff ending with 2K instead of 2B, same ending position with less damage)
Reorganized with colored "links" (ex: instead of repeating WR K combos in 33B section, told to look at WR K)
Added tech trap section.
Added 22_88BKBK W! combos.
Added 3A... as best damage after 3K and 22_88BKBK's fast wallsplats.
11B is no longer labeled as globally inconsistent in a wall combo.

EDIT: ahaha, just added one more thing. I can't believe I didn't think of RCCing 3A after 33B. Not only does it work, but it works after a mid-combo 33B as well, and doesn't damage scale past 5 damage/hit.

You might wanna change the yellow ones to something else.. I'm using the ExMachina Light forum skin and they're practically invisible.

Ah, I'm using a darker skin and didn't think about it. I'll change it now.

EDIT: Wow, that was nearly invisible. Readable on both dark and light now.

Only now did I notice that all the BE notations in the first post were 632 instead of 623. Fixing that now.

Also adding 11B > 1K techtrap. Though there's not much reason to use it over BE, 4B.

1K, FP B = must be a far hit or it will be blockable/techable, sets up PB Throw/B mixup afterwards which if not back teched can lead to additional 44-60(?)dmg.

66A, 1K is guaranteed if deep enough, and follow up FP B is guaranteed vs all techs but left.

And some stuff i found didn't combo at all =/
CH 8_9B, 2B is techable R/L
CH 8_9B, 2K is techable R/B
CH 44AB, 2B is techable R/L

I'm not sure what situations you tested FP B under. 1K, FP B is techable to both sides on any front hit, far range or not on most characters. That's where FP Throw comes in. I'm also not sure what you mean by getting a free PB mixup, because if FP B hits they can stay grounded or roll to avoid any frontal PB attack. If FP B is blocked you kind of have a mixup, but they can jump to avoid PB Throw or take minimal damage from PB B hitting an aerial opponent.

However if 1K hits the opponent at an angle, different things can happen. In the 66A, 1K example, they can tech left at any range and they'll end up falling to the side, allowing them to roll away from a FP B ground hit. The 1K, FP Throw will tech trap every direction in almost every case where 1K is also used as a tech trap, but side techs tend not to make FP B guarenteed for ground or tech hits. (Also, FP B whiffing happens more often when the opponents techs left into 1K)

I'll remove the CH stuff though, not sure why they were there.

Turns out 1K, FP B is character specific, as Yoshi/Nighty/Sieg/Hilde/Asta/Maxi/Cervy/Liz/Talim/Rock cant tech it at all,
and Voldo/Damp/Amy/Tira/Ivy/Mitsu/Taki/Cas/X/Kilik/Raph/Sets/Mina/Yun/Soph/Zas/Algol/Kratos can tech left.

The PB mixup part wasn't well thought out. In training mode it's either ukemi all the way or not =/

On some of the bigger characters you don't really have to be at the furthest distance to catch techs (left is always harder) but if you're not at max distance blocking becomes an option.

I see alot of whiffed 1Ks in the future ;)

Left ukemi might not turn out to be the best option against Damp though; I haven't looked into it thoroughly for all characters, but in alot of cases if they tech left into 1K, then tech left again to avoid FP B, they can actually get tech trapped by A+B+K. Even A+B+K, 1K, A+B+K is consistent if they left tech them both lol.

Yes, it does. It doesn't work when 1K is on-axis though, which is why I mentioned they have to tech left twice. Teching right then left, or left then right causes it to whiff.

There are other (easier) situations where you can tech trap with A+B+K CFing though. 3K, A+B+K catches all but right tech, and 66A [left tech] A+B+K is a forced block situation, so on hit or block you'll CF them.

But as I said, I haven't tested A+B+K tech traps much at all, and only against Dampierre himself, so I haven't added that info yet.

BE, 4B can combo into 3K or PB K for 107dmg, if you hit the 4B good.
Edit: Sorry, it's easily air controllable.

Back