Where's your passion?! Dress me up like you mean it!

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Since no one bothered to make a thread of her giving her the spotlight, the time has come. That's right, Hildegard von Krone wants us 8wayrunners to dress her up well. Don't disappoint our princess. Contribute your edits and dress-ups!

Should this thread get lost go to SCV Soul Arena and click on Hilde.

Anyways, I contribute a few of my Hildes in this order: Modern, an old 2p edit, copper 1p edit, simple royal custom, Queen Hilde attempt, Hilde as Jun, Nightmare 1p edit of Hilde.

h2-jpg.11479
4-jpg.16669
27-jpg.16672
hilde4-jpg.14838
img_1219-jpg.22629
img_0891-jpg.21527
img_1148-jpg.21538

Some of you might remember my Siegfried 3P. If Siegfried is the emo loser, then Hilde is the most popular girl in school. As such, I designed this 3P with a prom queen theme in mind.
2mhD5.jpg

- A max-size inverted phoenix sticker adds texture to the Corset. The bottom of the phoenix's neck was colored with a triangle sticker.

- The Long Skirt was patterned and given inverted star stickers on the front and back for texture and detail.

- Three upside-down Eye Protectors comprise the prom queen's tiara. Credit goes to DJdoubleB for this idea.

Le Bello's amazing Pegasus Hilde :

m9ce4l.jpg

It's the fact that you didn't even tell me you'd posted this here that amuses me. Oh Vil, you're not one for following convention are you? <3

Thanks for the post btw, and thank you everyone for all the likes! (This is the first quality shot of any of my CaS to make it onto 8WR, so forgive my over-eagerness.)

It's the fact that you didn't even tell me you'd posted this here that amuses me. Oh Vil, you're not one for following convention are you? <3

Thanks for the post btw, and thank you everyone for all the likes! (This is the first quality shot of any of my CaS to make it onto 8WR, so forgive my over-eagerness.)

i was meant to be a surprise, happy you noticed.
correction your honor : I have made more a few quality shots of your quality CAS (what a disgrace ;o)

i was meant to be a surprise, happy you noticed.
correction your honor : I have made more a few quality shots of your quality CAS (what a disgrace ;o)

Made, but not posted I mean. I can't save them from the slideshows, and so help me I've tried =];}D

There's an issue with costuming Hilde to which Wolverine tacitly alluded: In a franchise famous for pumping ever more helium into the boobs, the exception is that German chick who's had two kids since the last installment. "Does this dress make me look flat?" She's not, quite, but the bikinis are definitely unflattering. There are a few strategies to cope, and the obvious is to obscure with something like a bulky armor plate, as I did here with Hilde the Imp Valentine:
Hilde the Imp Valentine.png
Hilde IV detail.png
Much as I like her, I'm considering a generic replacement so that I can use facepaint/stickers:
IV not Hilde.png
Of course, there are a few costume pieces which actually look worse with a bigger bosom, like the "hunter" suit that Wolverine used above, or the bronze armor I have on Hilde Hoplite:
Edit: Moved to breast augmentation post in Dampy's Tips: View attachment 31877
A rare few items make any chest look better, and top of the list is the Voodoo breastplate for Hilde the Barbarian:
Edit: Moved to breast augmentation post in Dampy's Tips: View attachment 31770
But the best way I've found to deal with the issue is falsies (though I never considered using bolts until I saw 11D's queen above). Color matching is a trick; what looks perfect on my projector settings isn't quite right on my camputer, but that's OK because it shows off the positioning. When in doubt make everything black. I'm especially partial to redneck Hilde, wears stiletto heels to Wal-Mart with a cap whose color scheme is recognizeable even if there's no stag sricker, and the cigarette I use as my signature seems especially appropriate:
Wolfkrone Mobile Estates.png

If you grew up in the rural mid-west, you may've seen this person.
Hilde in Uniform.png

Hilde's uniform seems a bit scant but considering what Ziggy's other lieutenant Zwei wears, he can hardly complain.
Hilde.png

Couldn't find any shoes I liked so Hilde is barefoot in this outfit; hey it's summertime. The waves on the skirt go all the way 'round with 3 stickers and line up too, although on the back there's some "spray" (the top of a wave missing the base), and where you see it there's a hole which I filled with the fish.
Hilde in France.png

Hilde's barefoot here, too, in order to show defiance for burgoise convention, and she's smoking a slimmer cigarette.

I signed up with 8wayrun to post these; hope y'all like 'em. Hilde's my "main" to the extent that I have one; being middle-aged with a job and no console experience between the atari and ps3, I don't expect to ever be more than a scrub, but I bless Namco for create-a-soul because it hooked my wife, so there's one player on my level. Her version of Hilde is dressed like an 80's teen, a different approach to the bust issue: Make a character who looks like she's some growin' left.

-GEF

One more that didn't fit, for Halloween, basically mixing elements from previous costumes:
Hilde Halloween Costume.png
Hilde Hallow detail 1.png
Hilde Hallow detail 3.png

Wolverine, I meant to ask, is the costume you posted playable, or do the bottle tops look right only in the static pose? EDIT: With a little research I've found I can't use the bottles to make breasts for a regular character, but I can on a generic model with chest -20; the heart is better. The trick is to make them larger than whatever they cover. Aligning them with the hunter's suit as Wolverine did, or with the dancer's top which also looks good, won't survive motion. Without that narrow border, though, the fact that they don't quite match flesh tone is too obvious. Brown kinda works, and if you wanna make an alien babe, green works great (see naiad below).

-GEF

PS: Vilarcane, nice work on Robocop (loved the whole space opera slideshow). DJ, I really like your Asgardian, neat the way you used the Celtic knotwork so the "Isis" skirt doesn't look Egyptian, and the way you made overlap artifacts work to advantage. 11D, nice work with the Chinese dress; sometimes less is more. Pascuzzi, awsome dress, love to see it in real life; helped my wife with one of her designs (Oprah as psycho prom queen).

EDIT: Since I made the Imp Valentine a generic character, I still wanted a Malfested version of Hilde. Sometimes one detail makes a boring character come together, like the blindfold here:
Demon Hilde Detail.png
Demon Hilde.png

Hildebug:
Hildebug detail.png
Hildebug.png

Yet another ashigaru:
Hilde Sam.png

Back