Which characters are hurt the most on a laggy TV?

Foxbot

[09] Warrior
I don't know if this has been discussed before but, what characters do you think get hurt by a laggy TV ?

Off the top of my head I'll have to say Raphael and Setsuka. They lose so much damage without their JFs. I simply cannot do Raphael's 22 NC combo on a laggy TV because I rely on the visual clues to execute it. Almost all his JFs can be executed via visual clues but 22 is a very demanding JF and super hard to do by muscle memory. Setsuka needs her umbrella combo. Her 1A:A:A also needs visual clues for better success rate but can be done by muscle memory. Not the case for umbrella combo.

I can agree on both of those chars. I play raphael a bit but ive alos had some problems with sig and astaroth. Another char you can add to the list is probley amy and zaslamel. Trying to do amy's 6:6 B JF is almost impossbile lol. Zaszalmel also relies alot on his JF althought there pretty much mashable lag can still hurt them if your just mashing.

Really? I do raph's JFs by muscle memory, I get 22B:B like 75% online. Amy's i66B has nothing to do with visual cues so I don't see how lag hurts you there.

I'd assume Setsuka and Yoshi get hurt the most by lag, their combos are the only ones that have strict enough timing for it to matter. Yun's JFs and Yoda's 236BBBBB look like they need visual cues too though.

Bubbles is 100% on Raphael's popular 22 B VE B:B JF, it's completely mashable, like all his other JF's, it just needs to be mashed more so then the others.

If you can't mash it, it's because you're not using your shoulder buttons that have B in them(B+K, etc). Get it down, because as a 60 damage NC, outside of 4B, it really is the only means of Raphael doing decent damage vs strong competition.

there is a timing to the mashing

do 22B ~ BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

when you enter VE start mashing like hell

haha i'm pretty crummy at mashing.. i'm not even 90% consistant with prepBBB:B .. i just let them think i'm "mixing it up".

But yes i do use VE b:b more as a visual cue, so if i dont get it, it turns from a 60 damage NH + knock down into 30 damage and like -4 frames (more lag from online than on a crummy TV).

Actually i'm playing on a desktop monitor so i hope there isn't issues there.

Mashing during offline play brings some embarassement value ... I feel a bit sad that Raph players are saying "get the mashing down !" hahah

Another character suffers from a laggy TV is Taki, but no one plays Taki anyway ... I <3 A:6

Hilde: C2bb after b+k combo is especially hard to do on a laggy T.V. The timing is hard to commit to muscle memory because of the length of
animation that b+k takes.

Setsuka: Her jf timings have been branded in my brain. Was very difficult to reach that point, but is now very reliable; however, it's her umbrella after a+k b that is the problem for me.

Zasalemel: Though a bit masheable, his jfs are crazy in that they're CH reliant... I hate that shit.

Every character suffers from lag... even the controversial Mitsurugi suffers.
Mits: hit :B:,:B: and get a just frame :bA: for example.
Any character that enters a stance by holding a button suffers, such as Siegfried or Yun-Seong, and will find it difficult to enter stances properly. Rock's ground grabs? Might as well forget about them too sometimes.
Thing is that this is kind of a stupid topic...
Being a fighting game everything relies on timing, with laggy connection (TV? LMAO) you can rarely compensate.
What is a mystery, however, is how sometimes you have horrible lag and your opponent seems unphased.

Every character suffers from lag... even the controversial Mitsurugi suffers.
Mits: hit :B:,:B: and get a just frame :bA: for example.
Any character that enters a stance by holding a button suffers, such as Siegfried or Yun-Seong, and will find it difficult to enter stances properly. Rock's ground grabs? Might as well forget about them too sometimes.
Thing is that this is kind of a stupid topic...
Being a fighting game everything relies on timing, with laggy connection (TV? LMAO) you can rarely compensate.
What is a mystery, however, is how sometimes you have horrible lag and your opponent seems unphased.

ur in the wrong forum^

TV lag is terrible I can't play on my HDTV so I stick to the CRT one in my bed room

Mashing during offline play brings some embarassement value ... I feel a bit sad that Raph players are saying "get the mashing down !" hahah

Another character suffers from a laggy TV is Taki, but no one plays Taki anyway ... I <3 A:6

I play Taki. Taki suffers from lagging, but I think she still gains speed advantage than most characters. Just that she can't do PO as good as the offline. The speed mix-ups from PO help confuse the enemy.

I think Astaroth suffers the most. All the big attacks are sometimes very readable.

You know all you have to do is hold the power button on the PS3 until it beeps to switch to HD, right?

I don't think that's related at all to the inherent lag that most HD tvs have. Switching to HD can help reduce the lag from the tv upconverting the image to HD, but there will still be lag with an HD signal to an HD tv.

Also your method for switching the tv to HD is incorrect, to switch to HD you have to go into the menus, the holding power button method just resets the video to SD over whatever the ps3 is hooked up to.

@Psylocide - To reset the video outputs for the ps3, turn on the ps3 with the power button at the front of the ps3, and keep holding the power button until the ps3 beeps once. This'll make it so you can go into the menus to adjust the picture if you weren't getting any picture before due to the display not supporting the resolution the ps3 was set to before.

I'm sorry I even posted, it is apparent to me now that you people are having some weird issues that I've never experienced... I switch between the regular RGB cords (reg TV) and an HDMI (HD Flatscreen Plasma) cable when playing @ my house and have used extremely outdated and current setups at friends and I've never seen what you guys are talking about so... peace

Back