Who all is considering/going to pick up Viola as a main in SC5?

can you quickstep out of it? shoot, i wish i had this game in my hands so i could just try it out. oh well. i got the SoCal regionals to try it out.

Well, if it's steppable and able to be interrupted, I say its damage output should be buffed up. A lot.

(Glad to hear Viola is stronger in the latest build though, and we got a look at that in the new Kotaku preview)

IM basically a NIghtmare and Yoshi player. Yoshi being my favorite character in a fighting game gameplay wise. Hes always different. I just love how this character is always so unique. Nightmare has simply a a godlike design and i really dig how hard it is to play him well. Those two are my main interest for now but i have to admit that the first thing im gonna do is try out Viola. I am against the idea of having an opinion without trying things out by myself but i SO MUCH love Viola's design and mechanics that i can't wait to try her out. Seriously Viola LOOKS awesome and i hope she meets my expectations. She reminds me a lot of Amy.

She's #1 on my mains list lol. I really want to be one of those members who can help out other members and share what I know lol

List:
1) Viola
2) Tira
3) Setsuka or Setsuka Apprentice (when she's announced)
4) Ivy
5) Ezio

Im not too sure about Viola. On one hand, she seems like a highly technical character - and you need to learn how to use her orb effectively in battle as she doesnt seem to be quite able to dish out a lot of damage . On the other however she looks to be fun.

She definitely looks fun, and is an entirely different playstyle compared to everyone else in the roster. One will have to know how to position their ball and when to call it back, send it out, especially noting that there's a very noticeable lag from when she calls it back to when the ball actually launches back to her.

Im going to play her, I like to be familiar with all the characters moves but i really only try to master one or two.

SHE definitely his a contender for MysticBoudha's main in SC V. But since Amy will be announced this Week End, maybe not. :D MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Amy will be announced this Week End

tumblr_lw9mo0QYjz1qbrncf.jpg

I mained/liked Amy a lot, so I'll certainly give Viola a try. She may end up being too technical for my skillset -- but I like strategic characters, and I haven't yet seen a character I liked the look of more.

IM basically a NIghtmare and Yoshi player. Yoshi being my favorite character in a fighting game gameplay wise. Hes always different. I just love how this character is always so unique. Nightmare has simply a a godlike design and i really dig how hard it is to play him well. Those two are my main interest for now but i have to admit that the first thing im gonna do is try out Viola. I am against the idea of having an opinion without trying things out by myself but i SO MUCH love Viola's design and mechanics that i can't wait to try her out. Seriously Viola LOOKS awesome and i hope she meets my expectations. She reminds me a lot of Amy.

An thus one day later, after watching Viola vids for like 8 hours straight, im making Viola my main. Sometimes i should keep my mouth shut. :D lulz. Her mechanics look simply amazing. Is this love? O_o

I'm looking forward to using her along with Natsu until we see the rest of the cast. So far I'm certain I'll be using Viola and Natsu for sure.

I've only played SCIV, and I mained both Taki and Setsuka. I like Natsu in SCV but I gotta say i'm really loving Viola's gameplay. Right now she's definitely looking to be my #1 main. I hope she's not an easy nut to crack, I <3 me some technical characters!

Viola is one i will plan to main. Partly because she's Amy. Partly because she's technical.

And mostly because she wears Purple.

As of now, I'm planning on maining Viola and Pyrrha. If Talim gets announced then they'll both be bumped down a slot to make room for her.

Back