Who takes more skill? Time?

Gods-Spartan

[09] Warrior
Well I just figured it would be a nice thing to do for some newer players and those who may be looking to pick up someone different if we started a list from hardest to easiest to master. We should note to be used effectively. easy move sets or spammability should not come intp play as the competative scene would eat that stuff alive. Characters like Ivy would be near the top of the list, and Astaroth would be near the bottom. I'll keep updating this post until we can get something official. So...we got 29 positions to fill.

1.Setsuka
2.Ivy
3.Setsuka
4.Yoshimitsu
5.Taki
6.Talim
7.Yoda
8.Zasalamel
12.Mina
20.Astaroth
21.Algol
23.Sophitia
24.Cassandra

Umm i don't have much experience but algol could maybe go somewhere towards the middle maybe closer to the end dunno ppl will probably disagree with me. He has no just frames making his combos easy but it still takes skill when to use them and his mindgames etc...

Factors to take to mind.

-Command inputs.
Does the character take a lot of jf's to use effectively?
How complicated is th charatcer to combo with?

-Safeness
With the skill of imputs...how safe are they?

-Damage potential
Even if you know how to use them...are you getting the damage you need?

-Adaptability/ Readability
What happens to your character when everything they do is blocked?
Can they be read like a book?

i think this thread will turn into more or less a tier discussion/argument. and the flaming will probablly begin with my 1st post.

believe it or not maxi is difficult to MASTER. he has a lot more depth than people give him credit for. He can be button masher friendly but, to actually play good with him takes a lot of work. He has 5 GB moves, 4 JF's that are a bitch to master all of em (6BBBJF anyone?)

after palying maxi for a long time, I wanted something new, so i picked up Voldo, who I thought was somewhat easy to play with. not easy to master by any means, but voldo just seemed graceful and fluid and was easy to understand the basics with. But to get deep with his combos and tech traps takes a lot more dedication than I have put into him so far.

so take it for what its worth. LET THE FLAMING BEGIN

FLAME WARS *rock music*

Anyway, just for my two cents, I think that Sophie should be near the bottom, and Amy a little higher than that. Sophie's combos are not too hard to pull off or to learn (my opinion here) and someone can play Amy pretty effectively once they know what moves are good as punishers and how to use her GI stances. 6BB and 3BA ftw.

Oh, and Rock should be up near the higher levels as well. Just because he's Rock.

Now where is my fire blanket...

Factors to take to mind.

-Command inputs.
Does the character take a lot of jf's to use effectively?
How complicated is th charatcer to combo with?

-Safeness
With the skill of imputs...how safe are they?

-Damage potential
Even if you know how to use them...are you getting the damage you need?

-Adaptability/ Readability
What happens to your character when everything they do is blocked?
Can they be read like a book?

no
very
yup
no

hmm... hardest characters to MASTER are...

being able to do what your character is capable of...
setsuka, cervantes, ivy, yoshimitsu
being efficient with controlling him/her...
maxi, taki
by actually being able to use them in high level play...
tira, rock...
asta is actually pretty hard to use effectively... he may seem high damaging and all... but u'll get owned by good a taki or sophi if u don't play smart...

Hilde is by far the easiest character in the game to learn and "master" if you're playing with a controller.

However if you're using her with an arcade stick I think she would be one of the most difficult.

So far all good comments. This list will be adjusted as we go. And this is not a teir discussion either. I want to know how hard a character is to MASTER. Once there...how hard of a fight does that character have in competion. As in...things people train themselves to see against certain characters.

For instance...I was getting beat constantly by Sophi's 66b. Now that I know to ss left a 66b happy Sophi will be wiffing that all day.

We are factoring the Human Element. Not what these guys look like on paper.

Ummm even though Yoshi is my main, don't think this is a biased answer.

Ummm taki is defenitely not the hardest to learn/master -_-

Setsuka should be up there as should Ivy, so you have that right. Maybe not in those exact spots, but close to them.

Yoshimitsu is probably 1st or second (unless your saying its actually very easy to iMCF [well, kinda, but still] watch the clock to know when to use the Timed moves, master his stances, get his just frames and parry+just frames etc.)

It may be slightly weird mastering the iDGR with cervy, but really? You have him that far up? He is basically now just a bunch of iDGRs coupled with some more moves (Not everyone plays him that way, but a majority do. And even when they don't hes not all that complicated except for maybe buffering)

Hilde is actually so-so. Yes, it is slightly odd to master her charges, but what do you really need after that? Its not like her combos take forever to learn, and its not like she needs alot of them. Hilde is probably one of the lower ones, but because she is easy, but because once you learn a little, shes basically already "Mastered"

Zas is prolly 15th? He doesnt have extensive combos to master, nor does he have many moves. You do have to be careful about What moves you use though and whether or not the other person will attack after so and so move or defend. Hes not easy, but not hard either.

Raphael should be very low due to him being, well, very easy to learn. Enough said really...

Sophitia is lower than astaroth, and astaroth (if used properly) isn't as easy as you have listed. Maybe slightly easy, but not "10 move win" easy.

That is my opinion on the matter.

P.S. I have played/used all of the characters I have listed.

I agree withshi and setsuka the above poster taki doesn't really have much just frames in her combo's its just mainly doing possession a bit which im not sayin is easy but compared to yo she shouldn't be top. I know there are other things to consider but i definately think top should be one of those 2 not taki.

well the only one mentioned that i use is setsuka, and yea you have to learn quite a bit to use her well, so top three yea. no ones placed cass yet n shes the only one i know v well. shes pretty basic, but the few cass's i ever see are useless so id say she should be higher on this list than most would say

Mina has little to learn about her other than you need to keep people into that magic distance away from you. She's difficult to master in a competitive sense due to the fact that she's pretty readable and slow. So I'd say in a competitive 'I wanna win' sense, she should be near the top of difficulty.

But that's me.

You still gotta fix that. Zas should be lower, Yoshi higher. Trust me, talk to people who use a proper Yoshi, he is harder to master than (Unfortunately this is my opinion and im not sure if I can sway you) the others above him. I hope some other Yoshi users come here and elaborate as to why since I don't really want to lol.

You still gotta fix that. Zas should be lower, Yoshi higher. Trust me, talk to people who use a proper Yoshi, he is harder to master than (Unfortunately this is my opinion and im not sure if I can sway you) the others above him. I hope some other Yoshi users come here and elaborate as to why since I don't really want to lol.

cuz yoshi is special...lol

edit: although I must say you kinda use a wierd yoshi code..lol..very random shit...which is why it worked so well the day we played eachother...would love to get some more games in sometime

ok heres my rough list

setsuka - u NEED to master her JFs in order to win
ivy - controlling her stances & buffering CC/SS is no joke
voldo - controlling ALL his stance transitions is really hard
taki - effectively controlling PO is fast and hard work
maxi - looping effectively without being predictable is tough
yoshimitsu - gotta be careful otherwise u can kill urself
cervantes - without mastering his million JFs u won't get anywhere
talim - need to be fast and smart with her stances or u r open to punish
tira - really have to plan ur game play with her or u r just killing ur own life gauge
mina - shes crap unless u have VERY good spacing capabilities
zasalamel - game play style depending on ring position
rock - NEED to apply a lot of pressure to open up opponents
nightmare - CAN NOT get predictable or else...
seigfried - all the stances r hard to master
astaroth - to master his ultimate style *punishment* he is the "HARDEST" to learn
raphael - very linear, so NEED to be creative

to be continued...

going from an execution and depth stand point
1)ivy
2)setsuka
3)yoshi
4)maxi
5)taki

easiet
1)mina
2)yoda
3)rock
4)vader
5)mitzu
6)liz

however difficulty in learning how to win with characters is another story

yun-seong - need to be smart, abusing crane is asking to be CH
kilik - fairly easy to bait and do damage
mitsurugi - one of the basic characters of soul... fairly easy
lizardman - not that hard... fairly simple game play
xianghua - her new stance almost makes up for loss of sc3 whorage
cassandra - without the JF stuff shes still fairly easy
sophi - easy high damage punishing bitch
amy - u can do 90% moves with ur eyes closed *meaning u r safe*
hilde - this slut needs nerfs... seriously wtf is up with her +999 on all charges?
algol - need i say anything? BUBBLE BULLSHIT

Back