Who was your first fighting game character?

LP

Premium Member
When I say that, I mean, who was the character that you first sat down with, no matter how young, and though, "Damn...this is my favorite character!" Your first 'main' so to speak.

My first character in any fighting game ever was Chun-Li back when arcades were relatively common (Well, common-er). Think it's funny because, in every fighting game I've played since, I've always gravitated towards who I perceive to be a relatively fast female character. And, yeah, I still <3 Chun.

I know people's eyes will roll but honestly it was Mitsu in SoulBlade. For a time I went back and forth with Hwang but Mitsu was my first and the guy I stuck with the longest.

I didn't like fighting games when i was little. When i was 17 or something, I played Melty Blood on pc and my first main was Shiki Tohno.

s42npk.png

My first male fighting game character was Guile, and Leona Heidern is my first female fighting game character (They both are charger character and come from Military background).

Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi
Arden Lyn. She look so cool with that robotic arm.
qI4Q.jpg

Looking back on this I think Oof would enjoy this:

When I was four years old, I mained the Black Ranger in the Power Rangers Genesis fighter. I was like, "wow, you just mash A and move forward and the computer just walks into it! I'm so awesome at this game!" If you're talking about the first char I got serious with, then it's probably Yoshi in either SC2 or Tekken 5.

Maxi back in SC2. My real-life name is Max AND I had just picked up nunchucks or maybe Maxi made me pick up nunchucks. I don't remember to be honest. I got pretty decent with them for showing off, but they are not by any means a practical weapon. Foam swords won against foam nunchucks every time no matter how inexperienced the user of the sword. It's about a 9-1 match up irl. Then again, I couldn't hold both ends of the thing with one hand and just wail on them like that due to the design of even the softest safety-chucks. And at that point, it's just like fighting with a 10 inch stick instead of nunchucks. That said, I still think they are excellent at what they're intended to be, a stealth weapon, but I find it's very rare that it's brought up when people talk about them.

Uh anyway, I won a tourney in high school for money spamming 2 or 3 strings that everyone ate because they didn't block. There were no more tourneys for money after that since it was seen by the school as gambling. I kept on being a scrub up until SCIV and I finally stopped playing Maxi. I could not handle my friend's Kilik spam anymore. One day I looked at Sophitia's move set, which I had ignored as a character until then, and thought it was pretty cool for some reason. I eventually learned how to play somewhere in between now and then.

I didn't like fighting games when i was little. When i was 17 or something, I played Melty Blood on pc and my first main was Shiki Tohno.

s42npk.png
you don't play shiki, he plays you. 2C 2C 2C 236A 236A jumping AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

my first? tekken2 devil, he has fuckin lazer eyes

Back