Why did you choose your character?

Cervantes, because I believe I can with with this character based on the peripheral I was using at that time.

That may change eventually since I'm going for an entirely different peripheral and a new way of playing.

Yoshimitsu was around since Tekken, but I only saw him as some "unique" swordsman. I was just a kid who cared about the cool dudes like Jin Kazama back then. Once SCII rolled around, I had an idea who Yoshimitsu was. The thing was once I played him, I never looked back at maining him. I just hope I can place high with him one day and/or at least wow my competitive audience.

Algol, because he is by far the coolest looking character that uses the sickest weapons.

Visually no one can deny Algol is the coolest.

I picked him cuz hes such a G, in the end it doesn't really matter since you can be good with anyone.
I agree, except ZWEI is about a cool with an interesting design and fighting style as well.

I really enjoyed Nightmare in SoulCalibur II, so I naturally decided to stick with him in SoulCalibur V. I usually like the more antagonistic characters when it comes to games that clearly have a good and evil theme going on. However, it's been something of a struggle having to adjust to his new play style. Seigfried isn't as fun anymore, despite him basically being SC2 Nightmare.

I choose Viola because she has good combos and is flashy. Pyrrha because she fights like Cassandra/Sophitia (my mains in the older games) and Tira because she has the most unique style to me and the most unique weapon. She's the only character with the circle blade which makes her very original.

Yoshimitsu, because he has like a billion moves, can teleport and heal himself, is highly unpredictable, and has the best CE in the game. Plus, he's hilarious.

I picked Zwei because I really enjoy any style, anywhere, with 2 on 1 swag attacks. Cloning, summoning, anything with a high attack rate.

I didn´t like fighting games at all, but in 2010 I decided to try with someone and I looked for SCIV. I played the demo and there were only two options: Cassandra and Nightmare. I definitely went with Cassandra, I had a feeling with her, looked like a great person and also a beautiful girl.

I played the demo for days, only with Cassandra, it was really fun, and all with the intention to buy the game and try other characters. But when that happened, I just didn´t feel like it, went directly with Cassandra in every match and found out how great we were together.

And that´s it, big fan of Cassandra from there, I also tried her later in Broken Destiny, SC2 and SC3, loved her. So I like to think it was destiny the one who brought us together.

Not just that, not only thanks to Cassandra I became fan of Soul Calibur, but she also made me fan of the fighting game in general, before that I hated them, but now I love them!!

As for SC5, since she wasn´t there, I decided to go with Pyrrha because she was family of Cassandra, and also a pretty girl. Honestly, I didn´t find another choice, but there was no need, I fell in love with Pyrrha too since the first day I got the game, so today is my main too along with Cassandra.

You know, I thank God because I don´t have to pick between Cassandra and Pyrrha, because if that happens, I would not know what to say, both of this girls mean everything to me, is like picking dad or mom, I just can´t that easily.

Love them both, Cassandra and Pyrrha power up!! =D

PS: Oh, and in SC, since none of them were there, of course I went with Sophitia since she is family of Cassandra too. We made a good team too, also a big fan of her!
You know i was like you quite a bit like I myself never really liked playing fighting games back because it was hard and learning combos, etc... Idk what made me play soul calibur but i started playing it and now i feel soo attached to that game.

As soon as I saw Viola's 2p, I knew I'd love that lil' lady.

aPecs because his Sets successor and a couple of other reasons

As a child I used Ivy. Her sword looked cool.
It wasn't until SC2 I was old enough to get into the story and pick a character I would stick with.. Cassandra!
I loved Cassandra's attitude (always liked Sophitia style, but hated how she looked + personality) she has the best motivational quotes!! She's rad & a beauty. In Soul Calibur 3 I played with her & Tira. Soul Calibur 4, they added new moves that looked amazing also picked up Sophitia & Asholette. Soul Calibur 5, my favorite character.. My childhood hero! Cassandra didn't make the roster. Patroklos nor Pyrrha matched Cassandra's aggressive play style. So I stuck with Tira.. Then picked up Xiba, Leixia, Astaraoth, Maxi, Pyrrha, Patroklos, Seigfried, Hilde, Ivy, and Natsu. Used Edge Master for a while.. Then Elysium.. but stuck with Tira :)

Bring back Cassandra :'(

I don't like to call characters "bad" or "low tier" but I always, always, ALWAYS pick a character what happens to be considered one of the weaker characters and its not even intentional.
Sc2- Spawn
Sc4- Zas/Yun
injustice- Lex
and of course SC5 - ZWEI

I picked Viola because she looked interesting and I like the way her clothing looked. Plus they took out Sophie, so I went with Viola as a main.

:sc5aon1: At times I am very immature at heart, so when I saw a flying fire-breathing dual axe dragon man, I was obviously going to use him. In my early days I would often get frustrated at him, and try using another character. However after using Aeon, no other character was all that fun for me. I liked his big "I can do most things but only a few particularly well and even then there are chars that do what I do well better" moveset, and his moves like 66K or 66AB had an impact and oomph that no other character could really match, even Astaroth just felt weak in comparison.

:sc4alg1: Algol's personality is really what drove me to him initially, along with seeing massive damage combo videos that I aspired to preform in-game. I love characters that can drive home that "I am completely above you" feeling, and Algol did it beautifully. Plus, once I got used to his moveset, he was a refreshing change from Aeon, with faster moves, longer combos and a different strategy overall, he was eventually cemented as one of the three characters I call my mains.

:sc3tir1: She was right next to Aeon.

No, I just find Tira so lovable, and she is one of the more unique characters in terms of playstyle. Her unpredictability made her fun, and made her a far cry from Aeon, probably one of the most basic characters in the game (Sorry buddy ; - ;). Though the most recent and least used (so far) of what I consider "my" characters (right now), she still is, nonetheless.

Since Mortal Kombat and Scorpion i know that Ninjas are awesome.
So i went from Scorpion to Taki when i first played Soul Edge and went with her until SCV when Natsu replaced her.

My secondaries mostly changed with every iteration, among them as far as i can remember were Ivy, Cassandra, Astaroth, Lizardman, Seung-Mina, Yoshimitsu and at the moment Mitsurugi.

Back