Why did you choose your character?

I chose Xiba because he's a great and fun character to play with. Also Xiba reminds me of Goku because as a kid I always thought of Goku as the strongest warrior who was ever created. It's kinda awkward when I look at the same characteristics traits both of these guys have in common. Lets see they both are always hungry, uses a staff to fight , Have spikey hair , both are fighters , and one of the strongest in their universe.

Also I can relate to Xiba because I'm also always thinking of food ;)

Here are some reasons I played my characters.

SC
Yoshimitsu/Lizardman
Yoshimitsu appealed to me as that wacky swordsman. Like a twisted samurai, a little wrong in a lot of ways. Like a dark world Mitsurugi, attempting to make something almost completely opposite and completely the same simultaneously. The moment I saw his wacky moves, I wanted to control them. And I did.

I liked Sophitia's gameplay, beautifully simple and graceful, but having enough power to actually win a match. So when I unlocked Aeon Calcos, the mutated lizardman, I found out it was like a twisted, dark world version of Sophitia, with a reptilian flavor. I was ecstatic to try him, and found out he had a lot of the moves I liked from Sophie's move set and I could use almost the same strategy with him. Then the moment I saw his throws, I loved how brutally simple they were, appealing to me on an aesthetic level. I loved watching his A throw (Sadistic Rush Lift) and his back throw (Sand Bomb). That cemented him as my main, with Yoshi at a close second.

SCII
Yoshimitsu
(place-holder)

SCIII
(place-holder)

SCIV
Kilik
(place-holder)

SCV
Astaroth/Aeon
(place-holder)

I first started with Link in SCII because I was a huge fan of Zelda. Eventually I picked up Yun-seong because I liked his style of kung-fu plus sword swinging. I stayed with him til he was removed in SCV. I chose Ezio as he had a similar style as Link and I also chose ZWEI as I had just came back from Persona 4 Arena and his moves had the same mind set.

I played as sophitia & talim back in SC2 and 3 since there were some of te easier characters to play. When I started seeing the trailers for SCV, I saw Viola and fell in love with her design and we fighting style. I also started playing as Tira as well because of her personality and her unique gameplay. Guess I'm a sucker for the more unique weapon fighting styles

:sc5ast1:Asty (Main): Because I love big weapons with heavy hits, crushing damage, & a wider/longer control over areas.
:sc3tir1:Tira: I loved her personality & style. Her moves were catchy for me to actually have fun with her.

:sc5nm1:Nightmare: Same with Asta, except I get a great sword this time.

:sc5rap1:Raphael: SCV was the first time I ever used him, & when I got to playing as him, I loved his style & moves & knew that he would be a great character. Just need to get around to playing him competitively.

The rest are just CAS with other movesets. I would of had more if they didn't get rid of them.
My reason for others back in SCIV

:sc1min1:Mina: Because she's such a perfect women in her own unique way. Not much to say when her appearance & style says it all; I'll miss her.
:sc4roc1:Rock: Unlike Asta, he showed more character in playing the roll as the bigger man. He may be harder to use then Asta with less area control, but he sure was a badass. I also loved the look of his weapons more then Asta's. I especially loved it how they met each other at the Cathedral (SCIII). Like Mina, this guy is like the perfect man in his own unique way & will definitely be one of those guys I'll miss.

:sc3zas1:Zasalamel: His weapon...

:sc4amy1:Amy: Same as Tira

:sc2tal2:Talim: I wanted to try out a little fast shit, so I looked at Talim xD I liked her moves. I felt like I could evade & attack all day.

:sc2sop2:Sophie: Loved how she was such a badass at lows & mids & found her quite the skillful killer. It was her expertise in killing foes what caught my attention.
:sc2cas2:Cassandra: Like Sophie, except she was funny & a great shit talker.

SCII
:sc2ber2:Berserker: He reflects/symbolates me n.n

Last edited:
This is a pretty interesting topic.

The earlier versions of SC came out when I was young or during the time I couldn't access video games and I do not remember much about them besides that they were quite fun. I played Broken Destiny a bit and when SCV came out, I thought that I would give this series another go now that I think that I am at the age when my hand eye coordination is as good as it can get.

I tried all the characters to some extent to get an idea of how they play (and for the trophies!). Then I got myself a fighting game peripheral because I wanted to try out online mode and start playing such a game competitively for the first time. I was willing to give it my all to train myself in this game, so I welcomed the challenge of a character with a low ease of use rating in the character selection screen. After having my bum handed to me by the Katana Master in Broken Destiny and SCV as well as noting the SCIV and SCV tier lists not to mention the cool moves she has, I knew Setsuka or Alpha Patroklos would be the one, and I haven't looked back ;).

This guy :sc2lnk1: inspired me to use SnS styles. Other than that, I look for accessibility when choosing my characters.
I mainly use:
  • :sc5pyr1:
  • :sc5pyr1::sc5se:
  • :sc5sig1:
  • :sc5nat1:
  • Xiba
  • :sc2mit1:

Everything counts when I have to choose a character to main. Style, design, moveset, character personality... I also don't like to play characters who are overused or broken. *cough*Mitusurugi*cough*

Why did I pick Voldo? I'll tell you why.

It's not the reason most people think.

"Oh, he's a troll character, haha, look at him doing weird shit"

It's not even the creepiness, though that does help a little, I admit. Some people just like to play characters that make other people uncomfortable. That's not why I picked Voldo.

I play Voldo because he is a legitimate, grade A badass. I picked him up as my main in SC 2 because, the way he fought...he was literally dancing. More than that, he was frolicking. Like a child having the time of his life.

Voldo is a blind, old man, but he is still SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU that killing you is just playtime for him, or maybe a chance to practice the beauty, nuance and grace of choreographed slaughter. Look at him. Look at him, the next time you see him fight. He's not even trying.

He's fighting the world's most lethal fighters, world masters with weapons and styles from far and wide; while blind and thirty years past his prime, mind you.

And he isn't.

Even.

Trying.

Though, I guess, if you were to ask me to advertise him in a light that reflects my post?

"Voldo: please do be fun, I've grown so tired of killing the easy ones"

Back