Why did you pick Siegfried as MAIN?

Well, it will mostly feature reverse yomi and anti-char strategies. And maybe a few funky wall combos and tech traps. I havent really worked out a script yet.

@ZHENKROBIUM: Although Weaknesses can be overcome, a character is A character, now the greatest Siegfried players can make it so they're weaknesses are nerfed so much. But that doesen't mean they aren't invulnerable. you get what I mean?

Yes I know, even if you can master a character enough to cancle out there weaknesses it still wouldnt make you "invulnerable". I myself managed to rid my kilik of his bad close range ability(do to his nerfing) but its still exists in kilik as a character but Im just saying on the Siegfried topic I nerver found any of the common complaints weaknesses myself, probably cause personaly Im always changing play styles and setups in shit to adjust to wat I need in mid match so I never let the opponent have any thing on me anyway. You should nerver keep doing something that isnt successful if you want to win. But yea diffenatly nothing can make you unbeatable. Even with my no weaknesses Siegfried I still lose sometimes and I have never seen a player myself I couldnt beat. I did notice however u put "the greatest Siegfried players can make it so they're weaknesses are nerfed so much. But that doesen't mean they aren't invulnerable" if you ment are invulnerable then yea but if you really meant aren't then nope they still wouldnt be invulnerable lol

Sigfried is probably the most confusing character in the game when u get his mixup/stance game going (at least to all my friends he is lol) Theres nothing more rewarding then doing the "stance dance" and all ur opponent can do is watch cause he so confused. when u get to the point that the other guy doesnt even wanna attack...tis a good day.

I actually randomly picked "the dancing german" (as my brother calls him lol). I had stopped using him in SC2 so in SC4 i decided to give him a try again. when some1 with skill is playing he is mesmerizing and almost hypnotic in his stance dance. u really do wanna just watch and before u realize it ur health bar is gone lol. he is the smoothest character in SC4 IMO. he is always a pleasure to play and theres nothing better than a Sieg Vs. Sieg. its like a brutal and deadly ballet of death lmao.

Character loyalty I suppose. I've played him since Soul Edge/Blade in '97. Though I did main as Mina first and played a lot better with her in SE. (My Mina fandom and persistence in using her at least once in awhile, might be part of my basis for Kilik hatred, though it's pretty much cemented now with the spam tactics reminiscent of SC2 and Raphael)

Through each incarnation I've adapted to the style, and worked in any new changes and alterations. I do play it somewhat defensive/reactionary which is how I analyze and apply counter tactics in any game but I love that he can switch gears and take control of momentum when there's an opening to abuse. Something my poor Mina lacks with her poke and run style.

His range, knockback/knockdown, ability to punish grounded opponents, and the constant threat of RO's (which opens up a whole psychological aspect of ringside play. Numerous are the opponents that have tried to roll away in fear of the edge only to meet a 1aa sending them off into the abyss anyways) all while still having a few combos to string together makes him a natural for me. The Big F'in Sword has a little something to do with it too. lol

I'm not an expert with frame data (though I've looked it over a few times as confirmation to what I already now) but playing his character has become almost like an extension of myself. I've inherently learned his speed in attack/movement, and his range and damage through experience and have played enough different matchups to be able to counter. This leads to one glaring weakness that I try to overcome by paying more attention and detaching myself a little more, which has mixed results. Sometimes the things I do come down to pure natural reaction against certain combos/attacks and sometimes against recurring opponents it gets me in trouble lol.

This also displays itself when I try to play my secondary characters. I just don't drop into them as easily with the same fluidity. With all the match up knowledge I have it should be an easy transition most times, but it's like the know-how I have playing Sieg is only half applicable when I'm on other characters.

The first Soul Calibur game I played was SC2. That happened almost 5 years ago. Since then I've changed 3 favourite characters. The 4th is the current favourite character. The first was Talim, the second Xianghua, the third Cassandra and the fourth is Siegfried. I say Siegfried but I played Nightmare in SC2 but I didn't know who he really was...well until SC3 when I found out that SC2's Nightmare was actually ... Siegfried.

The reason I chose Siegfried as a main character and as a favourite because he has not a complex moveset, He is easy for me to handle (I actually press the same buttons when I'm playing!!! BUT I can't play against people online because all of you are EXPERTS!!! The first time I played online, I thought I had forgotten how to play!!! So I stopped that, as I was worldwide humiliated!!!LOL!!! On the other hand, I had to play Soul Calibur for half year!!! But that's OK. I'm still not playing Soul Calibur, but that's because I got bored and I really want to see SC5). But let's leave that all behind...The other reason I chose Siegfried and I still play as this character is his story. It is completely amazing, keeps you interested, is dramatic, tragic and let's face it, this story helps Soul Calibur continue!!!

well, it started out in SCIII when i was beyond N008, and was looking 4 a character who suited me. now although i didnt learn to use him until l8ter,(I thought 3 SCH B spam was ultimate and legit because i went through 56 enemies on Soul Arena survival on hard doing nothing but XD wat an idiot! i actually thot i had skill!) i chose Siegfried because not only was he some1 to look up to, but at that point in my life, i could relate to the tragic and dramatic moods that followed his story, life, as well as himself. nowadays i still can, but siggy isnt just a character 4 me now, hes my ultimate weapon. even though im completely self taught, i've never come close to using any other character to the level i use Siegfried, even when other ppl try to teach me other characters.

iagA SC FTW!!!

Back