Why do most pro players love to do them overkills?

Overkills, good or bad?

• Veeery, very, very... Good... I'm a monkey. ⊂((・⊥・))⊃

• Bad. Simply appalling! Ever an outrage. Damn it all!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I usually take that time to literally practice. Either iagA, 22_88k(A) into SCH K BE into iagA, 66K BE into SCH K BE into iagA, 2K bomb stuff with Viola...you get the idea.

I really don't care if people overkill (except Blueboy lol) but I do honestly think that time is better spent practicing.

EDIT: At one tournament while I was playing on stream, the commentator said I was taunting with agA after winning a round; at this point, rattling off 4 or 5 agAs is a force of habit.

I think it's funny to see scrubby players deliberately go out of their way to 2k me.

Other than that, I overkill but I do it to keep my momentum going. I don't rest until the match is completely over. People who take that stuff personally shouldn't.

I usually take that time to literally practice. Either iagA,
rattling off 4 or 5 agAs is a force of habit.
I def agree with this, especially because Sieg's don't have it easy with agA like NM does (we can still do A~A+G), before I used to practice aga these 2 ways, A~A+G was an SCIV habit...eventually I unlearned A~A+G in favour of manually inputting agA.

see? more evidence for my hypothesis.A few more pages in this thread and I'll have a full blown psychology theory ready for publishing.

see? more evidence for my hypothesis.A few more pages in this thread and I'll have a full blown psychology theory ready for publishing.

why would need more pages in this thread when you could just ask Bluebreh or Xeph for all the answers, Blue's notorious for the Pat: 2B...2B...2B...66B+G overkill and Xeph demonstrated just how well overkilling and teabagging can get under one's skin...look up Xeph vs Kietsero or Thunderdone #60 iirc

This was all very insightful. Thanks, all. Since I now understand that a Cerv practicing iGDR on me doesn't want me to "think about how he kicked my ass when I go to sleep" x) I'll use the oportunity to practice Ivy's 5xJF move, knowing that there won't be any hard feelings... But for those that have it coming, b b CS grab will do just fine.

I think its a fairly important thing to think about.
How do I spend those seconds of the fight when I'm not fighting you could do a number of things.

- Practice JFs, harder to do inputs such as wavedash, instant WR attacks. For some this is the only time they have to practice vs a non moving opponent or just don't like sitting in training.

-make it a habit to literally as soon as you win the round to quickly make your mind up of your next move, run up grab run up 2A backstep, step, attack or stand and block, take your time to think advised for ft5s or tourney matches so its good to practice this habit.

-overkill! Spam 2ks, the same move what killed them over and over, 2A 2A 2A grab as said if this affects the opponent in any way good! If you never overkill how would you know? . What's good about this gimmick is its absolutely risk free, go for it! Or you just wanna let some anger out

-Water break! Okay another one I come up with, for this one you kinda gotta practice and be ready for it, have your bottle of whatever liquid in a good reach of a table to your left side, preferably a sports cap lid or somethink you don't have to take your time to unscrew or acciedentally end up spilling it everywhere.
Then as soon as the round end immediately quickly grab your bottle with your left hand take a quick gulp or two and put it down. The reason why I say left hand is because with your right hand you can have your finger already hovering over G in case of emergency.

-lastly go funny mode, fuck it make them or yourself laugh with jump overs, backwards taunts, UA cancels, make your character say funny quotes and self ROs all good fun lol

So personally I'd try one of these its better to try one than zone out of the world completely every end of round, this could ultimately help your JFs and help towards your intake of 2.5 litres of water every day :)

I see this as a round ending execution mini game to see how long I keep my opponent standing with iMCF. I tend to do the same thing with 4A,A,A,A,A Stone Fist just frame to see how long I can juggle them in the air. Sometimes I spam mediation 2A+B and if I feel like it I'll follow up with the K and just play dead. Yoshimitsu asking for round ending forgiveness makes for easy lolz ! :)

As for your question,
"How do overkills affect YOU, my dear reader, if they do at all?

Interestingly, if it's another Yoshi player this makes me smile & even more determined to kick your ass.
(I enjoy it probably more then I should)

I don't usually overkill unless it's against someone with a big mouth, always talking trash and such.

If your one of my PSN buddies I don't do this. (Unless you happen to hit a wall) >:)

As for your question,
"How do overkills affect YOU, my dear reader, if they do at all?

Interestingly, if it's another Yoshi player this makes me smile & even more determined to kick your ass.
(I enjoy it probably more then I should)

I don't usually overkill unless it's against someone with a big mouth, always talking trash and such.

If your one of my PSN buddies I don't do this. (Unless you happen to hit a wall) >:)

Make them watch Yoshis' CE !!! :D

Honestly I've never known what to make of overkills. But every time it happens I get kicked out. There are many thoughts about it. Does overkills expresses anger and hate? Or are they trying to keep their fingers loose so they can uphold efficiency in their next battles? One thing for certain, I don't do it. I never needed to do it and I never saw the importance of doing it. A lot of players would call overkills Insult to Injury and saying "Did you really need to do all of that? I'm dead already!" And then some would say "You might as well piss on me too!"

I also notice that players does Teabag players too as if it was supposed to be funny. To me, it depends on how you do either one. There are some ways of overkilling that I actually like. Like Pyrrha's repeated faced-away :B+K: move a.k.a endless booty bumps. Sophitia also does this in SCIV. It works if she jumps over the fallen opponent and then pressing :B+K:. And then I like Dampierre's 1:K: kick... but only when he say "Ah my foot!"

As for teabagging, well... For you teabaggers, I want you to spend hours
looking this picture:(2):

upload_2015-2-19_23-6-22.png

When you're done, maybe you won't feel like doing it as much. (Be sure to clean yourself up afterwards) P.S Friendly Advice :sc4hil1:

Back