Why do we dislike certain characters? (Gameplay only)

To Whomever Hates Viola:
If you would learn the match up more, then it would be very beneficial to you against her. Play her a bit and then you'd learn how a Viola player thinks. Learn our ways of how we torture our opponents and how to shove orbs in peoples faces. If you keep up an offense and keep it going and not let her get her mixups started, you should be good.
Sincerely,
Ninjaguy

To Whomever Hates Viola:
If you would learn the match up more, then it would be very beneficial to you against her. Play her a bit and then you'd learn how a Viola player thinks. Learn our ways of how we torture our opponents and how to shove orbs in peoples faces. If you keep up an offense and keep it going and not let her get her mixups started, you should be good.
Sincerely,
Ninjaguy
Of course! Im sure that if we atacked hilde in sc4 non stop everything would be fine just like viola! Heck thats a great solution for overpowered characters !

Of course! Im sure that if we atacked hilde in sc4 non stop everything would be fine just like viola! Heck thats a great solution for overpowered characters !
Well surely you could wait for PS to patch her, hm? Don't hold your breath for that one. As I said, if you try to learn the matchup better, or even get better with your own character, fighting Viola should become not as painful before.

Also, no need for your sarcasm and negativity. I was simply trying to provide a solution and aid those in need of fighting Viola which would include yourself I take it.

Hm well surely you could wait for PS to patch her, hm? Don't hold your breath for that one. As I said, if you try to learn the matchup better, . H even get better with your own character, fighting Viola should become not as painful before.

Also, no need for your sarcasm and negativity. I was simply trying to provide a solution and aid those in need of fighting Viola which woukd include yourself I take it.
Ive been learning how to fight her but it dosent matter its like 2 great drivers are racing and one is using a toyota and the other is using a ferrari they should ban her in tournaments in sol cal reg theres was like 4 viola players, she should be banned that is all

Ive been learning how to fight her but it dosent matter its like 2 great drivers are racing and one is using a toyota and the other is using a ferrari they should ban her in tournaments in sol cal reg theres was like 4 viola players, she should be banned that is all
Of course you're not gonna beat Viola if you keep being pessimistic about. You're setting yourself up for failure. a self fufilling destiny. As this was discussed before, banning Viola would be a bad move, as it would discourage present and future Viola players from playing the game (tournament wise). This is the last I'm going to say of it so we don't derail the thread too much. I said it once and I'll say it again. If you learn the matchup and get experience, you should be fine.

I've tried... she's as confusing as her quotes.
She's not that confusing, and I'm willing to helo anyone seeking advice and guidance in the Viola match up. Send me a pm if you're interested. Maybe having someone to help you would benefit you more. :)

All the characters in SCV: Because they're boring and you can't be creative.
Damn that sucks bro. I understand completely how you feel. A couple of characters I used to play in sc4 I dropped in this game because of that same reason you mentioned.

There's gotta be at least ONE character that isn't boring? Eh?

If so, does that mean that you don't like sc5? Just curious.

Hmm moveset wise?

Astaroth (sorry that I murdered his name)- His moves are too slow and I don't like movesets that revolve around grappling
Even though Astaroth is one of my mains, I agree with the part about him revolving around grabs. I'm ok with his slow speed due to his long range.

Personally, I feel as if there should at least be SOME incentive to use regular grabs. As it is, both regular grabs and command grabs are both i17, so there is really no reason to ever use the regular grabs. If I was in charge of designing the game, I would have made the command grabs i18 and the regular grabs i17, so that creates situations where the faster grab is the better option sometimes.

IDK, just my 2 cents.

If I was in charge of designing the game, I would have made the command grabs i18 and the regular grabs i17, so that creates situations where the faster grab is the better option sometimes.

IDK, just my 2 cents.
That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I don't use him but it seems like it would help in multiple situations. You would think they would have something like that for him considering his playstyle.

As it is, both regular grabs and command grabs are both i17, so there is really no reason to ever use the regular grabs.

Without buffering, don't the individual directional inputs add at least one additional frame before the attack actually starts? If it does, that's +5 minimum for command grabs(6, 3, 2, 1, 4 + button input). Or am I just completely confused as usual?

*is not near good enough to discover frame data*

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I don't use him but it seems like it would help in multiple situations. You would think they would have something like that for him considering his playstyle.

Making an attack slower is a nerf, not a buff >.>

Well his A+G catches airborne opponents. So that one has some reasons to be used instead of his command grabs.

How about ROs/Wallsplats and oki?

Without buffering, don't the individual directional inputs add at least one additional frame before the attack actually starts? If it does, that's +5 minimum for command grabs(6, 3, 2, 1, 4 + button input). Or am I just completely confused as usual?

*is not near good enough to discover frame data*

Making an attack slower is a nerf, not a buff >.>
In my case, I pretty much always buffer it, so for me it's a non-issue.

I see your point though. Well taken

I had completely overlooked that. Thanks for pointing that out!
I am actually one of those players that prefers fast TJs to beat throw attempts, so i am always expecting them to use A+G, yet it rarely ever comes, which baffles me.

I feel asta players should utilize this more.

Damn that sucks bro. I understand completely how you feel. A couple of characters I used to play in sc4 I dropped in this game because of that same reason you mentioned.

There's gotta be at least ONE character that isn't boring? Eh?

If so, does that mean that you don't like sc5? Just curious.
I tried all the characters in the game and found them all boring but that's just me though. Many others enjoy them. I just didn't find a character that fit with me.

My answer to your second question is in spoiler because it's off topic.
I don't care for SCV, I'm not going to bash the game because there is no reason to. I just don't like some of the mechanics and the amount of glitches in SCV. If you want a more in-depth opinion of mine just send me a PM I don't want to derail this thread.

Voldo: He is all about low attacks and it's very annoying to stay all the time crouching

Mitsurugi: I hate him because even a very lucky noob can beat you by using 4B and 2K BE on the right moments... he has very unfair moves

Voldo: He is all about low attacks and it's very annoying to stay all the time crouching

Mitsurugi: I hate him because even a very lucky noob can beat you by using 4B and 2K BE on the right moments... he has very unfair moves
I sense personal conflict. >.>

Back