Why do we dislike certain characters? (Gameplay only)

I don't know how to play this game...

That post was full of salt. It's not really of disliking character gameplay but more of lack of match up experience.

If I would put an example, it would be Pyrrha and her stab-poke style that's near impossible to beat. A defensive Pyrrha can easily run a train on people by JG'ing the opponents moves and landing free stabs for massive damage all day. Her character design was made to be poke happy (i14 long range BB) and a defensive rushing style that is made to frustrate her opponents...

She's hot though Kappa

@forcedestruct

That was pretty disrespectful, snipping his whole post into "I don't know how to play this game".

This thread is all about salt, get used to it.

I said no flame wars in the OP, so knock it off.

I don't really hate any of the characters. I guess if I had to pick one it'd be Hilde, because I love her design and wanted to be good as her... But I'm like ludicrously terrible as her. So I just kind of gave up a while back. XD

@forcedestruct

That was pretty disrespectful, snipping his whole post into "I don't know how to play this game".

This thread is all about salt, get used to it.

I said no flame wars in the OP, so knock it off.
I never meant to flame. It just appeared evident that it was a salt post. Said poster mentioned that they get confused from Sieg's stance mixup and Yoshi's mixups, which is clear that they do not know how to approach the match up or understand the match up.
Also the Maxi complaints was just making it even more clear when Sorceress plays Maxi he "does the same thing... lows and verticals all day..." and "The only way I manage to beat them is if I get lucky"

The thread is about salt, but it's really about what the thread says GAMEPLAY ONLY. That was specifics with match ups and the lack of knowledge of said matchups.

Most of us were complaining of Viola's cheapness (not me though I play Algol) and how stupid good she is.

Siegfried: I hate how he's also unpredictable when he goes in to his weird stance where his sword is behind his back.
Umm... If you're playing Ivy why don't you just do 214B to beat out all of Sieg's options(except a SSH transition, which no random Sieg will ever do). You could also do 3B with Ivy since it beats everything but a SCH transition to Ivy's left.

Siegfried: I hate how he's also unpredictable when he goes in to his weird stance where his sword is behind his back, and ESPECIALLY when people do that weird sidestep shift thing. During this time I'm usually prey to a low, low grab, grab, or verticle, of which I can't tell what the hell I'm gonna get and usually end up eating something.
Siegfried is a giant piñata when he's in any of his stances. Don't wait to figure out what he's going to do. Just hit him. And do an hour or so of training with him and you'll see his options out of each stance are actually pretty limited.

Right now the thread is supposedly a place to vent out honest scrubby opinions, but it's inevitably going to attract stupidity. That being said, let's not come off as a peeps giving suggestions as what to do against *insert character*. I can see the desire to help those out in need, but some peeps like to sit and whine and not ask for help about it. It's best we leave them be until they do. =)

Actually KokoYoshi, ^that is exactly what I intended this thread to be.

If someone was looking for match-up advise, there are plenty of other better threads for that anyway.

Scrubbiness is allowed here, without restraint. What isn't allowed is ridicule for being scrubby.

This is simply a salt thread, nothing more. The salt can come from the highest of high level players all the way down to the bottom-est scrub.

And besides, a person could have excellent match-up knowledge, be a pro, and still have legitimate reason to complain over some character. I don't think the act of complaining alone makes you a scrub.

So please, this isn't the thread for education and lectures. I'm pretty sure that's not why people came here in the first place.

If this continues, I may ask that the thread be closed.

I won't do it again. It just gets annoying when someone can't deal with something so simple, then complain about it all day. I was expressing my salt at those kind of people. After a while you get sick of the "3(B) too strong!" shit. Well time to contribute...

Mitsu: Why do some of his moves have 180 degree tracking?
Viola: Why can she carry me all the way across the ring? Why can she even change the position she is in with 44aBE to choose what angle she wants for a RO with such ease?
Cervy: Why are you good at just about everything?
Hilde and Siegfried: Why do they whiff so much?
Natsu, Pyrrha, and Omega: Why are these characters designed to be so brainless?
Tira: Why does her launcher do more meterless damage than my whiff punisher even with meter? Why does her 2A have that much range?

Siegfried is a giant piñata when he's in any of his stances. Don't wait to figure out what he's going to do. Just hit him. And do an hour or so of training with him and you'll see his options out of each stance are actually pretty limited.
Ok, I've heard this a thousand times over with me complaining about characters. I post what I post to vent, not to get advice since I've heard it twenty times. Then it just turns in to earwax.
Tell ya what, I think I'll just stop posting since everyone's gonna shove it up my ass endlessly.

Speaking of Hilde....

Why did they make her so plain? To me she can be alot of fun to use but I feel as if her move-set is lacking from the bunch of the cast.

I feel like Xiba needs more moves in general. IDK, it just feels like he's missing something. Anyone else feel this way?

Natsu

I just hate this moveset for some reason. She has so many safe options its dumb. Also she has a Double CE reset she can do for around 150-170 damage. Yeah, double CE doesnt sound bad, but imagine playing a tough ass game 2-2, and a natsu pulls this off on you. Worst of all, the setup for this monster damage is somewhat safe- the natsu bomb.

I don't hate any character in its entirety. Only certain properties that their design direction has taken.

Any character that relies on only a few core moves with overpowered properties. This is degenerate gameplay in my opinion and really is a step backwards in what project soul is trying to accomplish in their attempt to "shorten" the movelists. Its not a fine line between signature move and "absurdly strong in nearly any scenario" and that should give project soul a lot of wiggle room.

Obviously we don't have 5 move whores flooding all the online world, but project soul needs to be extra vigilant in making "slightly hard to execute" moves not spammably overpowered.

Now with the newly emphasized clean hit percentage, signature moves don't even need to be that relatively over-the-top in terms of goodness, since you encourage newer players to "spam" signature moves to hope for a clean hit.

---
Character specifics, the only one I have to complain gameplay wise is Raphael not receiving enough love, but I feel like i'm beating a dead horse here.

Back