Will Hilde will get nerfed and how?

I don't really understand why everyone thinks C2B shouldn't be advantage on block, it's extremely steppable. In fact, just about all of Hilde's verticals are extremely steppable to the left, if I recall correctly.

I don't really understand why everyone thinks C2B shouldn't be advantage on block, it's extremely steppable. In fact, just about all of Hilde's verticals are extremely steppable to the left, if I recall correctly.

C3b will catch you stepping left out of nowhere if your character doesn't have really good step properties. One of the Charge A's are steppable as well I believe to one side, but only if you play a select few characters (Cass, Hilde etc) with excellent step.

I think C3A not being a launcher anymore would be a good start as well. If you mess around too much with her, she'll have nothing left. I'd prefer another Talim in the game to what we have now, though. One more low tier character would be better than one character that completely dominates the whole game.

I don't really understand why everyone thinks C2B shouldn't be advantage on block.

Maybe because it's the most abused after any move that leaves Hilde at frame adv.

Because MOST characters don't have 50% damage frame traps. With most characters, they are at disadvantage on block, even for things that do low damage. Hell, Talim is at -14 after :A::A: on block. C2B being a frame trap creates a massive risk vs reward skew.

50% damage frame trap? From what? C2B on block? After a blocked C2B, you can't C3B. And you can't C3A C2BB. There just isn't enough charge time. So what else has she got?

So what else has she got?

Word. We think the same.

3A+B, 11K as for some good and safe lows

7_8 K, 6A+K, 3A, 2A, 4AK, 1B, 3K, 3BA_B

This sure isn´t someting to complain about, but you brought a point of mine as well. Without her charges, she´s reduced to her safe pokes, which are not really damaging in my opinion.

There´s a lot of Hilde-hate over here as well, and I thought about the whole nerfing-debate as well. Either the already mentioned removing of C2B pickup or, which is just a thought of mine, the lose of 44K´s relaunch ability. This way, the combo is still possible, but the range and damage is reduced.

C3B C3A C2B C2A does about 75 if I remember correctly. But that´s just my thought about an eventually nerf. I still don´t think that she or the whole game will be patched anytime soon.

i'm telling you.. they are gonna nerf that mole of hers before they will completely remove her doom combo though. They might mess with the ringout properties of some of her things though... such as making 44k not slide them 1/4 of a screen away..lol.

If they nerf the doom combo they should just make it like the C3B B+K combo where only C2AA connects, as opposed to C3A, basically making everyone into Asta/Rock/DV. This still takes a fair distance, and there's nothing overpowered about it. Also, this is the combo Namco intended to be in the game, because it's in their downloadable combo video on xbox live.

That downloadable combo vid was actually done by other people, and Namco just got the rights to it from what I can tell.
Although I doubt they did not intend the C3B B+K C2BB C2AA.

The best and only nerf they should do to Hilde...

Hilde should lose charge when getting hit and cannot charge while being hit.

This is an underrated advantage she has that can make or break entire rounds. You can keep her doom combos and ringout properties. Of course, charge can be maintained while blocking (duh).

just remove the sliding from C2AA... if you break her combo she can't even do much damgae... her normals are pretty crappy besides a few...

I think frame advantage should be removed on most charges.
And something has to be done about her C2_3A properites (TC, aGI, hits mid, adv on blck etc).

If they dont fix that and just fix the doom combo hilde will still be top tier (not god tier as she's now).
to make up for it add up gauge damage on her charged move slightly to reward good turtle and keep away.

LunarAura: huh, maybe then no charge while holding a G-button ? that would totally kill her.

C2BB pickup is really the only thing I have with the doom combo. And even removing that still makes her top tier; best step, C3A aGI,best punish (even without C2BB picking up that would still be around 50-70 dmg IIRC), and still a far RO to boot.

The best and only nerf they should do to Hilde...

Hilde should lose charge when getting hit and cannot charge while being hit.

This is an underrated advantage she has that can make or break entire rounds. You can keep her doom combos and ringout properties. Of course, charge can be maintained while blocking (duh).

Wouldn't people start spamming 2Ks on her then to break her charges?

Wouldn't people start spamming 2Ks on her then to break her charges?

Exactly my point.
Making her charges drop if she takes damage basically means she will have almost no charges EVER.
You're charging up to land a C4B? well sorry mate that only happens if the round is a perfect.
If she dropped charges on damage, they would have to significantly reduce the time it takes to charge on her charges to compensate. Right now, it's 1/3/5/31 seconds for her charge levels.
Against a rush down character, she'd be hard pressed to not get hit for 5 seconds to even GET the C3A for aGI.

It's sad that C4 moves never see play...

I'm still standing by the C2AA weaker air ring-out properties.

Alternatively, you could remove the parry properties of C3A, as it would let you power through her.

Or... you just kill button binding for Hilde and throw breaks.

C2BB no-pickup in combos seems the best answer to me.

Tech traps: C2BB is still a useful tool.
Combo starters: C2BB combos into whatever you want. C2BB C2AA is the "signature" combo.

Nerf slide ring-outs all around. Seriously, some of them are total bullshit...

Well since Namco is bringing out BD next month, and BD is going to show us how much Namco pays attention to us, there's no point in really pursuing this much further to be honest. Lets just hope that a 1.04 patch comes with it.

Back