Win until your opponent stepz:raph guide

Win until your opponet stepz:raph guide

It's 33K for wallsplat, 33K:B for RO. I like using 33K(:B) as a post-GI option as noted in the guide, especially if the opponent is near the edge/wall. I had some trouble to input it right after the GI, but as long as I listened for that satisfying clang sound and watched for the green/red flash, I can get it most of the time. And if I feel silly, I do a forward run mixup with 33K/throw.

I think delaying SEA A a little like you would with SEA B helps its tracking

SEA A is definately not trash. The frames on block or hit is insanely good, otherwise you train them to step to the weakside or at least crouch.. which both can be exploited by a clever raphael.

Yes 1B has some minor advantages over 1A, but the raw range and damage increase (plus 1B walks you in really close to the opponant, which makes it riskier on both hit and block) pretty much blows 1B away.. except for a CH situation.. where it wouldn't be optimal to use 1B for CH purposes in the first place.

The purpose of these the majority of raph's lows are :
1)do hard-to-react chip damage
2)bait a response on hit

Since 1B is really difficult to react to .. and 1A is difficult (but not impossible) to react to .. the difference between the 2 moves is down to point 2.

---

There are few moves I would say is "Trash".. it is more of a matter of being caught using it at the wrong time, and thus the move is deemed worthless because it cannot be mindlessly spammed for high rewards at low risk... .which is definately not the way for raph to be played.

There are few moves I would say is "Trash".. it is more of a matter of being caught using it at the wrong time, and thus the move is deemed worthless because it cannot be mindlessly spammed for high rewards at low risk... .which is definately not the way for raph to be played.

66A+B,G

imho the trashiest move in the whole game....
XD

I wouldn't say 4A is trash because Raph has moves that are worse than 4A =(

i wouldn't unless you count the TP

as for 1B its pretty pointless

when FC 3B and 1A are better in almost every major category

Is there anything you CAN DO with 66A+B, G? ANything? I mean, I can find a few situational uses for Raphael's teleports.....FEW...but they're there. WTF would I ever 66A+B, G for though?

because your opponent doesnt know how to play the game

thats the only time 66A+Bg will work

i wouldn't unless you count the TP

as for 1B its pretty pointless

when FC 3B and 1A are better in almost every major category

he listed 4 respectable categories that 1B/1BB is superior to 1A... but the thing about RCC with 1A is that :
Raph's options are not really limited by going FC (6K or wrB effectively replaces 3B/BB as your i16ish mid).. otherwise you still have 3 good evasive options (4A,4B,44B)as well as 6BB as superior ranged i13 and access to own your best horizontals (wrA) at not frame loss

The thing is, since you're hitting them with 1A and ending up FC, the opponant won't be using highs to retaliate.. so they'll usually resort to using decent ranged verticals (assuming you're using at 1A at a raph-range)
This obviously baits a predicatable response, so if you're good at stepping RCC from FC then it's an easy 22~VE B:B, otherwise 4A if your timing is shitty.

FC 3B is sexy. It has so much range and the followup makes the other dude freeze up.

People say 66a+bG is good for GIing opponents, but I only use it on wakeup, so I dunno.

Also don't forget 2K.

This obviously baits a predicatable response, so if you're good at stepping RCC from FC then it's an easy 22~VE B:B, otherwise 4A if your timing is shitty.

learn his JF its RAPHS BEST MOVE

Helpul guide, I'm just beginning with Raphael, so it's interesting.

prepK is decent >.<
it jumps 2A and lead to A+B,A on half characters
it combostun after 66 on hit
Mixup K:K helps to avoid punishments
Its to use when you are sure your oppo won't step ._.

Teleport: i'll defend this move forever....it has awful frames but can be used against lot of high blockstun moves on prediction for heavy damage (expecially IVY, NIGHT, SIEG, ZAS, KILIK, MITSU and all abusable tracking moves easily predictable) or on reaction on many stances just considering 2 things:

1) to teleport on back you need space behind your oppo, otherwise you'll TP in front
2) watch out cause as you TP it'll consider oppo orientation to determine position ex: against mitsu relic the command is A+K6 instead of A+K4 (but is better used against mist cause relic pressing G realign mitsu >.> with good reflexes relicA would enter).

Btw i'm thinking to add 4A :O
Is this moves a 100% answer to many mixup/stances? (ex relic)
Need inputs and tests

The weird thing about teleporting behind someone is that they usually have fantastic BT B+K moves, like teleporting behind a mitsu/zas/amy/astaroth means you're pretty much gonna HAVE to block.

I like 4A because of it's unsteppability (out of all the step kill raph has access to, 4A to me has failed less than even wrA and 8A. Does this justify its unsafety, low damage, - on hit, slowness, high ? Well that's hard to say.

Both TP that 4A are both to evade.....
Not much important BT or frames (well on TP frames are so horrible that you have to consider the blockstun....but against asta you will be able to hit when he is still in attack animation most of the time, if you use that against setsuka you'll just get a ch in face instead -.-).

Raphael garbage moves that no one should use(copy/pasted to desktop, and will continue to post even if deleted)

SEB K
Teleports
Prep K
4B+K
66A+B,G
66(B)

i agree those are all really bad I just mentioned them because I felt obligated to make the guide as complete as possible

my lack of confidence of 66B tracking (combined with the relative reliability and superior frames of 236B) means that I didnt really experiement with 66B.

Back