[Wisconsin] Wisconsin still exists? WTF?

I figure this is a good place to mention that Madison has quasi-weekly tournaments and are always looking for new competition. Jimmypikachuchoi posts all the tournament announcements in the proper forum, we've got a facebook community, etc.

Good games at the Mke tournament, hopefully you guys keep growing a good community. Don't forget to come play us in Madison sometimes too.

Its not growing. No one comes out for anything and no one wants to get better. FGC in WI is terrible. People talking at first like they wanna play are bullshit.

Yeah WI is wack when it comes to FGs. Back in the day it used to be...if you don't play Tekken...u don't play.

Now one plays anything really.

Well except the folks in Madison (SCV). :) And the 2d folks in Milwaukee.

What Milwaukee really needs is someone to step up and organize something. I think the success of the Madison community can largely be attributed to Jimmy, and all the work he does planning weekly tournaments, and encouraging new players. Milwaukee's got a handful of willing players, but I haven't seen anyone really try to get things rolling by organizing a tourney or even a casual meetup for session play.

How much effort does it really take to try to get games in with one of the best players in the state? If you want to get better, prove it by actually trying to arrange some kind of gathering with players like MateoGalvan.You have to leave your comfort zone and play better players if you want to improve, and just reaching out to locals doesn't have to be the responsibility of someone else.

I'm off the next two days so if anyone wants to get some games in just post up and say so. Send me a pm for my number or something.

Merp I'll be down for some games. Online or offline. Whatever convenient for you. My friend Brad (8waywalk, who got 2nd at Romine's tournament) would probably be down for games too.

What Milwaukee really needs is someone to step up and organize something. I think the success of the Madison community can largely be attributed to Jimmy, and all the work he does planning weekly tournaments, and encouraging new players. Milwaukee's got a handful of willing players, but I haven't seen anyone really try to get things rolling by organizing a tourney or even a casual meetup for session play.

Footmeetsskull from SRK (shoryuken.com)

Is the guy to speak to. Recently he's been organizing monthly tournaments in the Milwaukee area. For a variety of fighting games. And has tried to reach out to the SC community. Hosting SCV at his events. Just like the last Romine's tournament we went to recently.

Well, I will probably be starting a Milwaukee league. I think it'd be a good idea. Tourneys, Casuals, usual stuff. We can even go up against Madison league sometimes. The more I think of this idea the more I like it. Although, if there are any objections, we can just not do it.

Dude. Wheres this sweet league you wanted to set up? Im guessing you havent even play the game besides online. So whens the league start bro? Cool.

Hm, it appears I've shown up to late lol. I live in Menomonie, WI. Anyone around?

Also, looking to find LAN parties and Starcraft 2 and/or Soul Calibur tournaments. I'm willing to travel about 4 hours if it's for a 2-day event. I know of AWOLLAN in Eau Claire (which I am on the waiting list for the next one).

Anyone else got some info?

As others have said, the Madison community hold frequent tournaments, usually on Saturday nights, at a Chinese restaurant on the far east side of town. Join this Facebook group, and you'll get invitations to all our future events: https://www.facebook.com/groups/9907214323/ Attendance is usually around 8, but occasionally around 16.

Sounds ironic, doesn't it? But I'm sure you know what i meant. Thanks to the group admin that accepted my request to join. I'll keep an eye on it on fb.

Please come to Chicago Heart 3! Madison has a great chance of sweeping the tournament, but if you don't come down for it, you'll never know!!!

I just posted in the Chicago thread seeing if I could get a ride and place to stay during the tournament date, but I wanted to ask if you Madison folks have weekly meet ups? I'd have to take a bus from Milwaukee to Madison, but I really need to get offline. I requested an add to the Madison FB group as well if that's where you post everything.

I'd planned to play offline for a while then fell out of playing but better late than never I guess. This time I'm actually looking into it seriously since I'm enjoying the game more and really want to learn/get better.

Back