Woof-Woof: Ultimate Guide to ZWEI

66A+B trap is interesting, however its not unblockable as CPU always seem to be able to block both hits if on "all guard"
I dont understand what you mean by 1, 44A - after 1B 44A is not trap since EIN hits high
for B+K (BE) I dont get it either. If 214B is unblockable why mix it up? Im confused. How can 66B+K hit, how did you test that?

sorry i dont know what happen.....i post again with corrections...

-66[A+B] first hit on block, 11K will open their guard, and let second hit of 66[A+B] go in.....people dont block that so often......CPU in practice mode yeah.
-66[A+B] first hit on block, 214B...tricky.
-1[B ], 44A, unblockable trap.....i mean unblokable because they cant block when you open they guard.
-1[B ], setup for throws.
-B+K(BE), 214B...unblocable......you can mixup with 214A for sidestepers(because when they realize they can step that and will whif, you get them steping with 214A, horizontal hit), or 44A.
-B+K(BE), 66B+K...sometimes hit.....i tested online, some times will keep out of guard....
-66[A ](BE), followed with 44B+K.....the second hit of 66[A ](BE) give a lot frames of advantage, dont remember how many.
sorry for my bad english XD

No problem, glad you're trying to help, but I still dont see how 1B 44A can be an unblockable trap

yeah not an unblocable really......they can evade blocking low, but sometimes they are waiting for the kick, and simply you dont do the kick XD.......i do 66321A(to buffer a8wr move), in that way they still blocking, because they see a dash and think you are mixing up with some medium/high move, but will be a low ;)

@ka_kui - i get where you're getting at. it's hard for a human opponent to react to both mid and lows when the timing can vary depending on how long you hold EIN out for..

. it reminds me of that yoshi FLE 6A+B > B+K that he used to have. but it WAS possible to block.. just not something people were used to... I think belial blocked it when i tried it on him when he visited :( lol

Just found out you can charge the EIN after doing B-throw, lol :( Cant seem to find anything useful here. Any tips?

Also, pretty interesting 66A* if second hit EVER gets blocked its quite nice. Check out frame traps section for a small update on that move.

Also small update to wallcombos (added my wicked wall reset hehe) and the 66A+B 11K reset Ka Kui suggested.

By the way, I figured that 4B*! 3B! - 3B will NEVER give ANY wallsplat on Astaroth. wtf. Aside from being complete crap, half Zwei combos are character dependant. Namco, have you no shame?

Just found out you can charge the EIN after doing B-throw, lol :( Cant seem to find anything useful here. Any tips?

Also, pretty interesting 66A* if second hit EVER gets blocked its quite nice. Check out frame traps section for a small update on that move.

yeah with 66A(BE) second hit blocked you can hit the unblocable 44B+K....

and i saw that charged throw [B+G]....if they block the second hit they will be in a "forced crouch" state, maybe with some timing you can get free medium hits, idk., but if the 2nd hit connects you can combo with Critical edge ;).

-and Belial....you tested the unblocable setup of 66[A+B], 214B??

Good stuff Belial. Very deep data for okizeme, techtrap and framedata.

Here is some add/correction :

SOME OTHER COMBOS:

3B, 1K:BE A+B
3B, 1K:BE (strict timing) 1K:BE A+B
3B, 1K:BE CE B+K 4A+B
3B, 1K:BE (strict timing) 1K:BE CE B+K 4A+B
3B, 1K:BE (strict timing) 1K:BE (strict timing) 1K:BE (strict timing) A+B
3B, 1K:BE (strict timing) 1K:BE (strict timing) 1K:BE (strict timing) 1K:BE (strict timing) A+B (good for RO xD)
(Thx to Keysona for theses combos)

66A+B 4[A+B] (no need meter or CH for 90pts dmg!)
66A+B CE B+K 4A+B (if you want to end the round)

4B 2K
4B:BE 6A+B
4B:BE 1A for TT
4B:BE 1K:BE CE isn't worth the damage...

88A/44A into B+K / 1K / CE

B+K:BE combo see below for Okizeme

EIN reaction combo see below for "EIN reaction setup)

VERY DAMAGING WALL COMBOS :

A+B W! 3B W! 1[.B] 3AA 1K BE CE B+K 4A+B = 153
-1[.B]- (charge and no hit) CH 6A EIN hits 66A W! 3B W! (High WallSpat, maybe you can try here your find about backthrow/B+K 2A etc.) 88BB 1K BE CE B+K 4A+B 155
-4[.A]- (charge and no hit) 88K EIN 3B W! 1[B.] EIN 3B W! 3AA 1K:BE CE B+K 4A+B = 171
[.B+K]:BE 4[A+B] W! EIN hits W! CE B+K 4A+B = 194~200 I don't remember exactly.

However you can have a nearly 100% lifebar at the mid of the ring when your opponnent is knocked down near the edge with :

[B+K]:BE 4[A+B] EIN hits CE B+K 4A+B => 4B:BE TechTrap Right => 66A+B, it does 240pts dmg

OKIZEME WITH B+K:BE:

His best Oki option are B+K:BE and [B+K]:BE.

Some example :
- 66BA KND oki
--> [B+K]:BE 214B (opponent wakeup and block) --> EIN inblocable free hit --> CE (timing is strict) B+K 4A+B, its like around 170 dmg for an inblocable setup

--> B+K:BE 66B+K (opponnent wakeup and mash button) --> Zwei pass through and stun --> EIN hit --> BT A+B hit due to ground stun effect = 100-120pts dmg, and 66B+K is still safe due to EIN and increase Guard Jauge
--> [B+K]:BE 66B+K (hit) EIN hits G to turn back CE B+K 4A+B for massive damage. Becarefull the charged version of B+K:BE here will allow the enemy to mash AA/BB after he block 66B+K before EIN arrives.

--> [B+K]:BE A+G (opponnent wakeup on standing Guard) A+B combo 103 dmg or CE for 167 dmg
--> [B+K]:BE (strict timing) B+G (not easy to do but it will make impact EIN and ZWEI together for 70+ dmg for th B throw!)

--> EIN will hit also ground or if the opponnent roll... the only escape possible is to wait on ground and wakeup exactly when EIN arrive. But in this case, you will be hit by 66A+B.

B+K BE is also good with all ZWEI unsafe move (mid and low), like 11K (does like 80pts dmg for a low), 44A, 88A, 4A+B...

There is also some kind a glitch with B+K and B+K:BE.

If you do B+K:BE and then wait a little and do B+K, your EIN will not be canceled and will appear much longer after B+K.

Here is some application that I have found :

B+K:BE (wait a little) B+K (hit) BB EIN (EIN arrive from B+K:BE lol) and it combo 66A+B/1A/CE
B+K:BE B+K (hit) 4B:BE EIN 66A+B/1A/CE
B+K:BE B+K (block) 66B+K (super TJ that escape a lots of stuff) EIN arrives for Combo if 66B+K hits or make it safe...

GUARD BURST:

After Gburst, the best is 66A+B 4[A+B] no meter and 90dmg, it works most of the case, even after 66B, 6A, A+B, but not after 33B.

SOME TECHTRAPS:

1A techtrap all side after :
3A:BE
4B:BE
66A:BE

3A:BE techtrap all side after :
88K [.B] combo
1A

Some fun Techtrap loop:

88K !TT 3A:BE !TT 1A !TT RCC 3AA

You can techtrap after CE combo :

CE B+K 4A+B !TT 4B:BE 66A+B combo, Right/Back/Front, !TT 2A all...!TT 2K all (character dependant)
The intersting part here is that if they stay ground, they can be relaunched by 1K:BE A+B :D

You can also techtrap after [B+G] Special timing throw, see B+G section below

UNBLOCABLE TRAPS:

- 4[A] (full charge) 214B EIN hits 3B A+B / 1K:BE A+B / 1K:BE CE etc... great player can react to this one by counter attacking you... but they risk to be hit by better damaging EIN reaction setup combo (see below)
- B+K:BE 214B EIN hits 1A !TT
- [B+K]:BE 214B EIN hits (strict timing) CE B+K 4A+B
- 4B:BE 66[A+B] (charge) 11K (release EIN), EIN hits mid, you hit low, RCC A+B for combo or CE for more damage. Player can mash button to prevent this, just release a little soon for CH them.
- 44[.B] max charge
- 66[A] max charge 44B+K (player have to mash button when you charge, but can be hit by normal non charged version on counter)
- 6[B+K] + Throw Attempt unblocable special timing, see 6[B+K] section.

I don't have more time to write, so I will add thing later... I just write some example for next sections...

EIN REACTION SETUPS :

- 4[A] (player mash button, just release it directly) CH EIN hits, 66BA (easy to confirm) for 90pts dmg
- 4[A] (player wait then react to you unblocable setup) CH 2B (TC and i16) EIN hits 4[A+B] 100pts++ dmg
- 4[A] (same situation) CH 6B (STN) EIN hits (STN follow due to STN system) 88BB 1K BE CE B+K 4A+B
- 4[A] (opponnent step) 88K (STN) EIN hits 4[A+B] or dash 3B A+B or even 88BB 1K etc...
- 4[A] (opponnent TS attack) 3AA EIN
- 66[A+B] (opponnent step) 88K (STN) EIN launches 4A+B
etc...

B+G SPECIAL TIMING :

- If you hold a little B+G but not to the max, you will still hit but have much more frame advantage, allowing you for techtraps.
- 2A will !TT allside
- 1K will be ground punisher
- 4B:BE 66A+B will !TT Right/Back/Front (character dependant)
- and ... CE will be ground punisher (character dependant, not working on Leixia)

6B+K SETUPS :

- 6B+K (opponnent mash button) B / A for free CH combo... A seems to STN, I didn't have time to research combo but it can be nasty with A CH and holding B+K
- 6[B+K] (opponnent wait) A+G release EIN with strict timing EIN hits, A+B is combo for 73pts damage no meter use and RO :D
- B+G attempt will cancel EIN but you will still RO forward!

I coulnd't add all I founded due to time... I will add more later.

because i saw all this info weeks ago in the soulcalibur.fr forums, and i think these guys dont wanna waste their time here XD....for that reason i thank him

A lot's of thing in my last post wasn't in soulcalibur.fr/forum, it's just I didn't have the time to do it yet. I'am still researching and finding things with this character.

Anyway, Belial did an awesome work and share it, the best thing we can do is to share also, that will make all of us better with Z.W.E.I. =D and we need it in order to win with style!

A lot's of thing in my last post wasn't in soulcalibur.fr/forum, it's just I didn't have the time to do it yet. I'am still researching and finding things with this character.

Anyway, Belial did an awesome work and share it, the best thing we can do is to share also, that will make all of us better with Z.W.E.I. =D and we need it in order to win with style!

yeah i agree with you man.....i like zwei very much, im not worry about the low tier thing, we have to share our research to be good with him.....and i think you are one of the best ZWEI players in the world....thanks for share your knowledge man ;)

...and waiting for more from you ;)

EDIT:...........HAYATE???...have you thought about making tutorial videos with ZWEI??

....;)

Thank you so much for posting Hayate and Beliel, as well as everyone else. I'm considering opening up a thread that condenses all of Beliel and Hayate's information(with credit obviously given where it's due) once you two are satisfied with everything. If you'd be up for or even want that feel free to reply saying so. =)

---edit---I've been having problems landing the Ein releases into A+B. For example after 6B+K, A+G. Any tips or visual keys to the timing? Do you see anything different than if you mistime it? So far all I've gotten would be Ein hitting at the same time as the headbutt which knocks down but doesn't allow an A+B.

I'm considering opening up a thread that condenses all of Beliel and Hayate's information
I was planning to add Hayate info to my post eventually.
Also if you need to "condense" info you should add it to my OP.

I didn't mean to water down or remove any of the info if that's what it came off. I meant to have a separate guide thread that's kept up to date and guide discussion thread where we could discuss new findings. I can add all of his information into your post pretty soon if you want.

I didn't mean to water down or remove any of the info if that's what it came off. I meant to have a separate guide thread that's kept up to date and guide discussion thread where we could discuss new findings. I can add all of his information into your post pretty soon if you want.
Whats in this thread that doesnt satisfy this conditions?

Whats in this thread that doesnt satisfy this conditions?
Oh it was nothing like that, just thought of having a more formal guide-thread. Similar to how originally soul arenas were supposed to have a combo, tech trap, and frame data thread then a separate one for discussing the listed topics. This is great though didn't mean to offend or anything. Thank you for all the work you put in, didn't mean to imply it wasn't well organized.

If community call for it, of course lets have a separate topics. You can still have separate topic for discussions and update a single post though. I thought that's more convinient this way.

Back