Would your opinion of the series change if they took it into M-rated territory?

Regardless of the great ball of provolone in the sky my statement remains valid as does lasercakes. Ok you think his post was stupid beyond the basic "I dont want blood in calibur". The same could he said for your reply to it. In no way does his post make him a walking uterus so your e-rant holds just as little truth in it as his.

I'm not going to actually make anymore of an argument in this thread. If you are going to try and make it in the competition of offline then all the luck in the world, hope to see you at DEVASTATION and we can get some games in for Cervantes mirrors.

Regardless of the great ball of provolone in the sky my statement remains valid as does lasercakes. Ok you think his post was stupid beyond the basic "I dont want blood in calibur". The same could he said for your reply to it. In no way does his post make him a walking uterus so your e-rant holds just as little truth in it as his.
Im not exactly shure what your trying to tell me so ill just nod quietly and be on my way. [nodding quietly] [leaving]

I'm not going to actually make anymore of an argument in this thread. If you are going to try and make it in the competition of offline then all the luck in the world, hope to see you at DEVASTATION and we can get some games in for Cervantes mirrors.
The schools are failing us.

Im not exactiy shure what your trying to tell me so ill just nod quietly and be on my way. [nodding quietly] [leaving]

The schools are failing us.

carlinwtf.png

Ok i'm stooping to reply. If you have any sort of reading ability I would have figured you realized my second post was an attempt at letting things lay, and I even wished you luck with offline and offered you some friendly Cervantes mirrors if you actually make true and try the offline tournament scene(Devastation being sure to be one of the largest amd last so I assumed you would attempt to make it). My first post was more hostile simply because you seem to think you're some authority here because you are better than the average folk online. You don't have any more power than him, and you don't have the right to start cursing like mad on the forum because someone gave an opinion you don't like. You don't back up any statement more than Pat did. Stop attacking random community members and chill the hell out. No one here cares how tough you seem on the other side of the screen and no one cares if you're good until you prove it offline in a competitive scene like DEV. All that aside hope you take the plunge into offline and wish you luck with it.

I mean...this is a series about bladed weapon battles, some bloodshed should be expected but they never crossed that line.

Is it for the best?

Mmmm, only if is reasonable blood level. I mean, it would be great if it were some blood and that the hits left wounds on the bodies...but not too much.

I mean it would be annoying blood splatters so big that tarnished the graphics or the classic ("it aren't fun any more" fatalities) but some blood drops would be fine, yes.

Does SC4 still have the bone crunching sound effects in throws and couters? 3 had a lot of it. Id settle for more that. Or a 2 second x-ray shot of the character's arms breaking if they were hit with a guard Burst (after their clothing is ripped off)

Gore? IN MAH SOUL CALIBUR?! Hell no. Though, like TypicalEvil mentioned, I wouldn't mind if the characters would get scarred. Not to the point where, for example, Nightmare slashes at say....Talim's face, I wouldn't want to see half of her face getting ripped off. Just perhaps get bruised a bit. Gratuitous amounts of bloodshed should just stay in Mortal Kombat.

I have no problem if they turn mature for the partial nudity part LOL. but for real though, I am against all that gore and blood. Back when I was young, I loved all that blood in Mortal Kombat, but not now. All the blood would just ruin the amazing graphics.

I have no problem if they turn mature for the partial nudity part LOL. but for real though, I am against all that gore and blood. Back when I was young, I loved all that blood in Mortal Kombat, but not now. All the blood would just ruin the amazing graphics.
There would be lots of people playing SCV just for gore.

if M rated means "scarier" and "Darker" then I'm all for a more gothic theme. Soul edge right now is already heading there. The most I would like is just some bone cracking. Not MK's intentional X-ray but the less then a second clip of the effect of a killing blow. Like if you kill someone with a throw, say Asteroth's back-walk throw, the last hit that kills you shows your skull crack.

The difference here is that it isn't bloody and gory, it's just to show the brutality of the agressive or illistrate the force of the attack. I mean, wouldnt it make sense to see your head shutter a bit if cassandra (or replcement) did the move where she slams her shield on your head? Nightmare's impaling throw showing the sword going through your rips then pulling out to say K.O.

No organs, not blood, not decapitation, no fatalities. Just a short quick shot of the pain.
This isnt MK. This is just reaction value.

Games for Gore belong to the Mortal Kombat series. Not that I wouldn't by the game if there was blood but lets be honest SC is really about sex appeal. (And amazing graphics and being a good quality fighting game.) It just doesn't strike me as very sexy if Xianghua were to start ripping spines out of people.

Back