Xbox 1 tidbits

^ People need to stop bashing online players, it's haughty and makes you sound pretentious. Online only gamers out number exclusively offline players by a good 20 to 1 if not worse. And most of the time the people who show up to offline tournaments are the same people over and over again. An offline SC tournament has a couple dozen players, meanwhile online a couple thousands players log on per day.

""Offline players are better than online players tho! All you'll be fighting is rookie players!""

Yeah, but what does that matter? Maybe people don't feel like traveling the country to play a video game?

""So you're ok with being an online scrub and not becoming a PRO?!""

Yeah, let us scrubs fester online, and play casual games with our friends, we'll still marvel at your epic skills on streams. I'm fine with being decent at fighting games without becoming some Elite Epic Pro. Now with new advancements in servers, ping reduction, and dedicated hosts, online is becoming more efficient. Of course it was a BIG deal back in 2008 (think about SC4's horrific online lag, and random D/Cs in Tekken 6) but in games now like Halo 4, it plays about exactly the same as it does online as it does offline. Tournament players can wear their merits with pride, but don't grind your heels into online players to try and make them feel inferior just because they prefer to play games in their living room... =P Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
IJ, I know I said I wasn't going to talk to you directly, but you need a bone. so I'm going to tell you in all honesty.

don't put words in my mouth. I've actually read your posts a couple of days back, and I briefly browsed this one, and you misread/misinterpreted me then, and I got a good hearty laugh out of it. and you misread/misinterpret me now, and you just look sad for it. Don't act like you know me. Don't put whatever you think I mean on screen. Because I promise you. you're wrong. in its entirety.

whatever you said above... I understand, it's a rant and it may not be directly at me, but that arrow above your rant says different, so I'm telling you again. Don't put words in my mouth.

give a fuck meter is reaching zero

so I read that, and I say that's understandable. But then I feel that rant shouldn't be directed at me at all. Because I could have sworn I established earlier that I don't give a fuck about what other gamers do and how they play their games or even what games they buy for that matter..

yes, my reason is more personal, and has nothing to do with your whatever that is.
and with that, my meter reached zero.

goodbye Ij.

My post wasn't entirely directed at you. Just the general phrase or consensus that online players are not to be taken seriously, or are to be insulted for the simple fact that they prefer to play online. >:P
So you think players should get recognition for playing online? I'm sorry, I just can't get around this line of thinking.

I don't know about you, but I play for fun. If you want recognition, go play in a band or get filthy rich.

So you think players should get recognition for playing online? I'm sorry, I just can't get around this line of thinking.

I don't know about you, but I play for fun. If you want recognition, go play in a band or get filthy rich.

I believe everyone deserves respect and not to be disrespected for the simple fact that they prefer to play online. For instance if someone is proud they got some ranks online or is bragging about their W/L ratio, or think they're badass, you can mention the differentials of offline. But as far as people saying "I'm good at this game!" to have an offline player say "No you suck! Because you play online! Nobody takes online seriously!"

That's what I'm trying to say. =P

Last edited:
I believe everyone deserves respect and not to be disrespected for the simple fact that they prefer to play online.
The problem is you're equating lack of recognition to disrespect. You're good at Calibur (or whatever it is that you play)? Good for you. Don't expect anyone to care though, especially when you play in an environment where the average skill level is laughable.

The problem is you're equating lack of recognition to disrespect.

No, it's disrespectful to tell someone they're bad BECAUSE they play online. Recognition has nothing to do with it, lol.

(Btw, I play a lot of different fighting games.. xD, so I play a little of everything.)

Hm... leaked interface.

The metro interface is shit, just like on Windows 8. The good thing is now the big block is actually the game and not some Usher bullshit ad nobody cares about.

What really stands out, though, is how fast the game loaded. That was really impressive, I'm glad the days of mashing start until the menu pops up are gone. Maybe it's just because it's a demo, but if actual games boot up that fast I might strongly consider getting one of these in the future.

Microsoft announced the Xbox One's PVR, will start recording the moment you get an achievement to set up and record the past 3 minutes, to capture the moment. I thought that was pretty helpful if you're an achievement hunter. =]

Microsoft announced the Xbox One's PVR, will start recording the moment you get an achievement to set up and record the past 3 minutes, to capture the moment. I thought that was pretty helpful if you're an achievement hunter. =]

I wonder if it will be a longer recording if ya get all of the achievements :3

So $500 for the console, $60 for each game, $60 for the live subscription, about $20 a month (I forget how much it actually is) for Elder Scrolls Online if I actually break down and get it, $50 (or is it $60?) for each extra controller, and $200 if I want a fight stick.

aZP7rRQ_460sa.gif

So $500 for the console, $60 for each game, $60 for the live subscription, about $20 a month (I forget how much it actually is) for Elder Scrolls Online if I actually break down and get it, $50 (or is it $60?) for each extra controller, and $200 if I want a fight stick.
You can find live/PSN subscriptions on sale all the time. Especially around Black Friday and early in the year. I'm paid up till 2016 on Live for $80 total.
You got that Elder Scrolls Online shizz though. If it was like Destiny or The Division with no subscription fee or at least free to download then I may have got it to see what all the hype is about for that series.

1. So $500 for the console, $60 for each game, $60 for the live subscription, about $20 a month (I forget how much it actually is) for Elder Scrolls Online if I actually break down and get it, $50 (or is it $60?) for each extra controller, and $200 if I want a fight stick.

No, the XB1 will come with a controller, so that's included in the sale price. The Live subscription is only $60 for a year + any other Gamer Tag you create for a sibling or friend, to play online also.

The subscription fee for online on PS4 will be roughly the same price anyways.

Anyone know if you can set it so that chat comes over the tv rather than through your headset like you could with the 360? I took a quick glimpse through the sound options but havn't found it yet.

This game might be utter shit, but it sure is pretty.

rome_by_raziel1992-d6ubt2u.gif

5_by_raziel1992-d6ubzfr.gif

iRYSTylLISrou.gif

friday-damn.gif

Too bad the framerate is ass.

Last edited:
Back