Xianghua Movelist Analysis

Darkmoonlight

[13] Hero
I’ll update this thread with each post containing new moves.
Red Text indicates moves JUST from Xianghua and will use her SCIV notation.
Blue Text indicates moves just from Leixia and will use SCV Notation.
Yellow Text indicates moves from both and will use Leixia's notation.
Green Text indicates speculation that will later be changed based upon new information.

Returning Moves:
-A+B
- 3B+K (Has a K follow up that looks like WS K from Xianghua)
-WS a+bG
-7/8/9 K
-1B
-44A
-6B
-1A
-BT B+K
-Crybaby (While grounded A+B)
-AA [She has AAA with the third attack resembling Leixia's WS A]
-6A
-AAB (NCC)
-4A
-2A
-FC 2A
-66BB
-WS A+B
-22/88 B
-44B+K
-1B+K
-44B
-FC 3B
-BBB (Third B is new, BB is NC, BBB is not)

-B+G
-33/99 B (Three Strikes Cancel Unknown)
-WS B (She does it after GI in the video)
-66A
-66B+K
-2A+B
-Low Throws (Both are apparently available)
-Command Throw
-3B (Appears to launch high and can combo in 3B+K)
-6A+B
-6B.B (Low)
-WS A+B B (high)
-SXS (Stance where she goes "Just Kidding!")

1. SXS A
  2. SXS B
  3. SXS K
-6B.B (Low followup)

New Moves:
-New Critical Edge (Similar to Leixia's, however)

Possible Soul Charge Chains/Combos:
-8K into 44K
-33B xx 6B+K
-New Move into a variation of a 3B

Property Changes:
-FC 2A+B now has guard break
-Jump K leads into 4K for a string of some kind (NOT Soul Charge)
-6BA now hits mid on the second hit
-SXS does not seem to charge up

Speculation:
This is the return of Xianghua, and not the return of Leixia imo. Of course it is early, things are subject to change, AND I haven't played her myself, but this does look like she has the old damage mixups. She appears to play very similarly to her IV counterpart. The further evidence of this is that there seems to be no unique moves of Leixia returning, albeit there are very few of them. You can watch the videos collect down below to see for yourself!

Sources:

latest

Thanks to the following for contributing:
Kalas, PiercingPancake, Frayhua, Kayane

Last edited:
Things I noticed:

• She has a string that looks like 3B+K followed by her old 44K (pre-SC5)
  • Her SC4 WR B with auto GI properties against horizontals seems to be back, however the input must have changed because she doesn't do it while rising in the trailer, but from neutral. Also looks like it causes a lethal hit effect.
  • Her SC4/SC5 9K seems to be back
  • Her old 22K seems to be back (pre SC5)
  • Her old 33B seems to be back with cancel (?) or 3B+K Guard Break follow-up. Maybe a Soul Charge variant?
  • Her old 66A seems to be back (pre SC5)!!!!!!! I missed this move so much. Also seems to have a follow-up.
  • FC 2A+B is a Guard Break.

I wonder why they included that combo that should easily be air controllable out of. Are combos no longer air controllable out of after a GI? Or has air control been nerfed? Or is that just a combo that's non-AC-able? I loved everything that I saw except her CE (because it's basically a carbon copy of Leixia's, including a call-out to her own mother). This is how Leixia should've been!

I wonder why they included that combo that should easily be air controllable out of. Are combos no longer air controllable out of after a GI? Or has air control been nerfed? Or is that just a combo that's non-AC-able? I loved everything that I saw except her CE (because it's basically a carbon copy of Leixia's, including a call-out to her own mother). This is how Leixia should've been!
I think that a lot of those air techable combos are either flashy for the trailer or they are soul charged. I doubt that they would take a Tekken route but who knows. I am 90% sure it's soul charge just based on other gameplay.

I swore I saw SXS in that trailer. Please tell me that was not SXS and is just some kind of cancel, lol.

It looks like it is Xianghua from SCIV again!

The question is will she have Leixia Damage

For Frayhua's sake, unless he starts ranting about X's damage rate.

X has Xianghua damage as expected. She's not OP at the moment. I never hated Xianghua. It was just that X was insanely OP in SCIII.

I swore I saw SXS in that trailer. Please tell me that was not SXS and is just some kind of cancel, lol.

SXS is confirmed and has an aGI after it now. 6A+B is now an aGI. Xianghua's SCIV WS B can now aGI low horizontals. 4A+KA seems a bit better. I think X has 2 more new stances.

Xianghua's 6A no longer put the opponent BT on CH. The 2nd hit of 6AA leads into her SCIV 11_77A+K. Xianghua's 33_99A no longer knocks down on NH or CH.

Last edited:
X has Xianghua damage as expected. She's not OP at the moment. I never hated Xianghua. It was just that X was insanely OP in SCIII.

SXS is confirmed and has an aGI after it now. 6A+B is now an aGI. Xianghua's SCIV WS B can now aGI low horizontals. 4A+KA seems a bit better. I think X has 2 more new stances.

I guess if it's an aGI that's alright...

I'm still in wait, but not sure how I feel about stance heavy X. I liked her basic style. But then again, it always just depends what she has in her stances. I saw the other one, where she crouches really low. That looked interesting.

I think the idea is to make her have a flow more like what the Chinese sword arts are actually about. That's interesting, to say the least.

Back