Xianghua Movelist Analysis

Has anyone been able to see if her classic 66A+B is in the game, with the tech step properties?

Darn, I like that move. Maybe It will be given to Hwang if he's in because they both shared 66A+B in SC1. Also Leixia's WS B [BE] was pretty much a fusion between Xianghua's and Hwang's 66 A+B and Hwang's A+B.

Darn, I like that move. Maybe It will be given to Hwang if he's in because they both shared 66A+B in SC1. Also Leixia's WS B [BE] was pretty much a fusion between Xianghua's and Hwang's 66 A+B and Hwang's A+B.
Actually I can't remember when I saw it, but it does look like WS B is in but has been remapped. I'll go through the footage again and see what I can find.

But it doesn't allow for much of a combo afterwards, right? Also, is it safe on block?

We don't know what combos are possible but 3A connected after 6A+B aGIs Mid Verticals. It's still a NCC that isn't good on it's own. You have to use 6A+Bs aGI to cause a Lethal Hit. 4A+B aGIs all Horizontals and causes a Lethal Hit allowing 1(B) combos. That is when 9KK fully combos. After 9KK, Xianghua can go into SXS with 2 without saying Just Kidding, RBHH with 4, or 8 with BHH. The only thing I've seen out of BHH is the K option where it was Xianghua's 6bK. A+B may cause Lethal Hit because it causes a KND instead of a launcher, but's still a NC. 4A+K doesn't give you Lethal Hit options. It still can put your opponents in BT after aGI, but CH on the 2nd hit only or during a stun it causes a stun for combos.

Xianghua's old 6B series is now 4B. Both 4BA & 4BB are NCC. Xianghua's new 6B series is amazing because you can go into SXS with 2 without saying Just Kidding, RBHH with 4, 8 with BHH, connect with 6BA as a NC, connect with 6BB as a NC. On CH 6BB, the 1st hit has a short stun that makes the 2nd it launch like FC 3B. 6B hits grounded opponents.

SXS Stance Entries in SCVI so far are A(A), 3A2, WS (A), BB(B), 4(B), 6B2, FC 3b(B), 1kA(A), (A+B), 2(B+K), (A+K), 4(A+K), 33_66_99AB(A), 66(B), 44(K), 66(A+B), & Soul Charge Mode AA(B).

SXS buffing is gone in SCVI.
SXS A on NH is +11 for an AA follow up at close range only.
SXS A on CH causes a STN with 66K comboing at all ranges & 3B only combos at close range.
SXS B causes a KND.
SXS (B) is slower and is a Guard Break.
SXS B in Soul Charge Mode is a Guard Break.
SXS K causes a Lethal Hit when ducking High Attacks & the stun is as long as 4A+B's aGI.
SXS A+B is a Vertical Evade that evades to Xianghua's left & it causes a Lethal Hit after successfully evading a vertical attack.
Maybe WS B[BE] might be in Soul Charge Mode to be a devastating launcher after successfully evading a vertical attack.

44A doesn't KND on NH, 44(A) Slight Charge stuns with small advantage, 44(A) Max gives you +18 advantage. CH AAB doesn't work. 3B is guaranteed after 44(A) Max.

1A on CH is just like SCIV with only 66K comboing at all ranges.

Last edited:
Other changes I saw: 4A+B no longer launches (so no wall-splat combos using it anymore. Then again, judging by the Kayane video, wallsplatting works wildly different in VI than in V, so whatever) and 1A's range has been severely nerfed. The breakdancing move (I forgot what its input is) seems much faster now, also. Let's hope it's semi-safe. It'd be nice to have a good low again.

Other changes I saw: 4A+B no longer launches (so no wall-splat combos using it anymore. Then again, judging by the Kayane video, wallsplatting works wildly different in VI than in V, so whatever) and 1A's range has been severely nerfed. The breakdancing move (I forgot what its input is) seems much faster now, also. Let's hope it's semi-safe. It'd be nice to have a good low again.

Xianghua's 4A+B is now A+B. Wall Splatting is just like SCV. Xianghua's 1A+B now 1A was like that in SCIV. Xianghua's 6bK in SCIII & SCIV was the break dance move and now it's in BHH. 3A may be safe like in SCII. 3A2 ~ SXS A+B is good for evading vertical attacks after 3A is blocked.

Xianghua's 4A+B is now A+B. Wall Splatting is just like SCV. Xianghua's 1A+B now 1A was like that in SCIV. Xianghua's 6bK in SCIII & SCIV was the break dance move and now it's in BHH. 3A may be safe like in SCII. 3A2 ~ SXS A+B is good for evading vertical attacks after 3A is blocked.
In the video where Kayane played Djo, they just fell into a simple crumple stun and very quickly fell to the ground. So it doesn't work exactly like in V, I think.

0:30: Kayane gets wallsplatted, but quickly drops to the ground, goes into crumple and quickly collapses.

5:46: Kayane wallsplats Djo with FB3B. He splats into the wall, immediately drops to the ground, crumple stuns for half a second and then immediately drops to the ground.

To me, it seems that they drop to the ground faster than in V, giving you smaller windows to combo after a wall-splat.

The break dancing move is BHH stance only? Darn. Also, is Leixia's 33_99BB (Xianghua's, uh, 11_77BB? Or was it 1/7BB? Can't remember) gone? I haven't seen it once, even after Kayane hit with 66BB. Also, what you call the old 6BA/6BB strings that became 4BA/4BB, is that the string where you do a poke, then either a launcher or a special-low(?) sweep? The one Kayane is really fond of? 4BB is steppable and 4BA is jumpable. But are they both safe?

Also, does Xianghua have her full old 22_88kAAB/A string? Only saw Kayane use 22_88K once and 2_88kAA once. 22_88K is the crappy patched Leixia version that doesn't knockdown (maybe it does on CH like with the patched Leixia version).

In the video where Kayane played Djo, they just fell into a simple crumple stun and very quickly fell to the ground. So it doesn't work exactly like in V, I think.

0:30: Kayane gets wallsplatted, but quickly drops to the ground, goes into crumple and quickly collapses.

4:46: Kayane wallsplats Djo with FB3B. He splats into the wall, immediately drops to the ground, crumple stuns for half a second and then immediately drops to the ground.

To me, it seems that they drop to the ground faster than in V, giving you smaller windows to combo after a wall-splat.

The combo Djo should've done at an angle was 3(B) ~ NSS b:A ~ Wall ~ 3(B) ~ NSS b:A ~ Wall ~ 3B . In SCV it does 142 DMG meterless.

The combo Kayane should've done at an angle was FC 3B ~ Wall ~ 3B ~ Wall ~ 66BB ~ 66K

The break dancing move is BHH stance only? Darn. Also, is Leixia's 33_99BB (Xianghua's, uh, 11_77BB? Or was it 1/7BB? Can't remember) gone? I haven't seen it once, even after Kayane hit with 66BB. Also, what you call the old 6BA/6BB strings that became 4BA/4BB, is that the string where you do a poke, then either a launcher or a special-low(?) sweep? The one Kayane is really fond of? 4BB is steppable and 4BA is jumpable. But are they both safe?

Also, does Xianghua have her full old 22_88kAAB/A string? Only saw Kayane use 22_88K once and 2_88kAA once. 22_88K is the crappy patched Leixia version that doesn't knockdown (maybe it does on CH like with the patched Leixia version).

I haven't seen Xianghua's 1BB from SCIII & SCIV or Leixia's 33_99BB. Xianghua's old 6BA is now 4BA and the move was the poke & mid CH combo. 4BB is now a NCC. Xianghua's 6BA & 6BB are new moves that are NCs, 2nd hit 6BA ends with Xianghua'a old 1A or 11_77A, 2nd hit of 6BB is FC3B, 6B can be cancelled into 4 for LBHH to aGI all weapon verticals, 2 for SXS, & 8 for BHH to aGI High & Mid Horizontals as well as Vertical Slashes, 6BB hit grounded opponents, 6BB on CH cause a small stun so the 2nd hit can launch for combos. I don't know if they're safe on block. I've seen the 1kAA part of the string. 1K knocks down on CH as usual. 1K on CH always knocked down. Pre-patch Leixia's 22_88K knocked down on NH. I hope the aKB is back from Neutral.

Last edited:
SCVI Xianghua Updates

You may have seen Xianghua's new Guard Break Move. It was originally a move of a SCIII bonus character, Luna. This character is also had SCIV Xianghua's 9K

Original 9K
Luna's 66A+K.gif

SCVI Xianghua's New Guard Break Move Origins
Luna's 66B.gif

After a stun to launcher, the 1st 2 hits of Xianghua's 9K after a launcher can't be air controlled.
1st 2 Hits of 9KK can't be ACed after a Stun.gif

22_88B is 2 Hit combo now & the 2nd hit can't be air controlled.
SCVI Xianghua 22_88B.gif

Xianghua's 3B+K doesn't knockdown on NH or CH.
Xianghua 3B+K No Knockback on NH or CH.gif

Soul Charge Mode AABB is a 5 hit combo CH combo without the aid of a stun.
SCVI Xianghua Soul Charge Mode CH AABB.gif

Soul Charge Mode 66K adds BT 2B+K series.
Soul Charge Mode 66K ~ BT 2B+K.gif

44A (Slight Charge) has a short stun.
44A Hold.gif

44A (Max) is just like Leixia's & CH AAB isn't guaranteed.
No AAB CH on Standing Stun.gif

44A (Max) is +18 for 3B Combos.
Xianghua 44[A] +18.gif

2A+B Lethal Hit of a Run Counter
2A+B(Lethal Hit).gif

4A+B Lethal Hit aGI Horizontals
4A+B(Lethal Hit).gif

SXS K Lethal Hit Duck Punish Opponent's High Attack
Xianghua SXS K Lethal Hit.gif

Wait her 3B+K doesn't knock down? Eww. I hope soul charge changes that.
Her old 4A+B doesn't launch either. And her 66A is a string starter, so it also doesn't knock down. Wonder what her horizontal whiff punish will be this time.

I feel like that reaching mid that leads into the mid/low enders are gonna be the real juice. At the very least it'll be fantastic for scrub busting.

Wait her 3B+K doesn't knock down? Eww. I hope soul charge changes that.

SCVI Xianghua's 3B+K only Knocks down in Air combos. 3B+K Knocking down in Air combos came from Lost Swords. So far the K followup for 3B+KK is a NCC.

Her old 4A+B doesn't launch either.

I think A+B might Lethal Hit like 4A+B & 6A+B does.

Her 66A is a string starter, so it also doesn't knock down. Wonder what her horizontal whiff punish will be this time. I feel like that reaching mid that leads into the mid/low enders are gonna be the real juice. At the very least it'll be fantastic for scrub busting.

Xianghua can combo in 1B with 66AB. The 1st hit is X's classic 66A, but with no KND on hit. Pressing B will cause her to spin like Leixia's 66A. From what I've seen so far it's a NCC. The A ender of 66ABA is then standing A option of Xianghua's SCII's 1BA(Max Delay) or SCIII & SCIV's 11BA with it aGI High & Mid Verticals. The aGI from 66AB is Xianghua's worst aGI. 66AB(A) goes into SXS. 66ABA can also be done as 33_99ABA.

Last edited:
I'm glad 22_88B is the newer version of the classic sidestep launcher in SCVI not the SCIII & SCIV version. 33_99B is SCII Xianghua's 3A+B or Leixia's 6A+B
Xianghua 33_99B.gif

Hi everyone

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to try Xianghua out on the current 6-character SCVI build at Namco HQ in London.

Silent Joel posted some of the matches in the main SCVI thread.

There is a lot to talk about but I'll try to keep it brief and you can ask questions if you like.

Unfortunately due to some controller issues and probably also some rustiness I didn't learn as much as I had hoped, but I'll share what I did get. I know that many of you have appropriated loads of information about X so sorry if I repeat things that are already known.

Xianghua is very much like her SCIV version. She has lost some attacks but gained some too. She is still designed as a rush-in, rush-out kind of character who is generally very safe and is looking for openings to wear her opponent down. Her auto-GIs seem stronger so I think they want players to incorporate these more into her game. She still has SXS, she still has crouch grabs.

From what we tested, Soul Charge creates some serious buffs to each character's movelist. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go through these options so I can't tell you much about it. However I am hopeful that X will have some very strong options in SC mode.

A+K is not used in SCVI as far as I could tell.

Jump attacks work the same as in SCV, that is they are immediately invincible to lows. I think you can still be thrown until you are actually airborne, but I can't confirm this for sure.

Attacks:

AAB as before
SC AAB is like SCIV AA 4BB
6AA is a new strong like SCIV 6A > 11A+K
3AA as before
1A now does SCIV 2A+B and can be cancelled to remain BT
4A now does SCIV 4A+K
Jump A /B / K as before
2A / 2B / 2K as before

BBB is SCIV BB, 6B+K
6B is the new string described by Frayhua
3B launches higher than SCIV and allows 3B+K K followup that you will see many times on any X video so far
1B actually I can't remember what it does. SCIV 1B is out
4B now does SCIV 6B

6K is just a poke, not the SCIV KND punisher
3K similar
1K as before (I believe the 1kA cancel is there too but sorry I didn't check properly)
4K as before

A+B is the new GC attack. There is a small TC at the start.
6A+B as previously mentioned has a rather nice aGI
4A+B as previously mentioned doesn't launch. Still cool tho
2A+B now does SCIV WS B

B+K as before
6B+K iirc now does SCIV A+B
4B+K same
3B+K has followup K like SCIV 44K
1B+K same

66A no KND, sorry I didn't check the followups
22A I think might be SCIV 22A+B but I can't remember for sure
44A as before but I don't think there's a SXS transition

22B is SCIV 2 5 B
66B as before, hold for GC
44B as before

66K same
22K can't remember :s
44K is SCIV 2A+K with same ensuing mixup

66A+B is SCIV 33B, hold to cancel third strike into SXS
I can't remember the other 8wr A+B attacks

66B+K and 44B+K as before
22B+K still aGI but has some cool followups (B for auto-RE)

6A+G same
4A+G same as B throw I think
214A+G is now like the SXS throw

The SXS throw I did is more like the SCIV 214B+G but sorry I didn't get to find out if the followup is still there

SXS A same
SXS K gives Lethal hit possibly after crouching an attack
SXS B same
SXS A+B is SVIV 66A+B
can't remember if I tried other commands

EDIT: I'll post general SCVI info in the other thread

EDIT II: couple more things after watching some bits of the videos (they are in the media library here):

I think 22K is same as 1K, as before
Crybaby is still there
BT JF B+K is still there. As before, the crumple stun dies fast if you've done it previously in the combo
BT B+K now allows follow up, including low throws, on NH

edit III:

FC 3k is SCIV WR K
6B leads into a STC stance, may be a crouching SXS
WR A+B same, still no SCII WR A+B A
there was SCIV 44K but I can't remember the input, might be WR K can't remember

Last edited:

Hi everyone

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to try Xianghua out on the current 6-character SCVI build at Namco HQ in London.

Silent Joel posted some of the matches in the main SCVI thread.

There is a lot to talk about but I'll try to keep it brief and you can ask questions if you like.

Unfortunately due to some controller issues and probably also some rustiness I didn't learn as much as I had hoped, but I'll share what I did get. I know that many of you have appropriated loads of information about X so sorry if I repeat things that are already known.

Xianghua is very much like her SCIV version. She has lost some attacks but gained some too. She is still designed as a rush-in, rush-out kind of character who is generally very safe and is looking for openings to wear her opponent down. Her auto-GIs seem stronger so I think they want players to incorporate these more into her game. She still has SXS, she still has crouch grabs.

From what we tested, Soul Charge creates some serious buffs to each character's movelist. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go through these options so I can't tell you much about it. However I am hopeful that X will have some very strong options in SC mode.

A+K is not used in SCVI as far as I could tell.

Jump attacks work the same as in SCV, that is they are immediately invincible to lows. I think you can still be thrown until you are actually airborne, but I can't confirm this for sure.

Attacks:

AAB as before
SC AAB is like SCIV AA 4BB
6AA is a new strong like SCIV 6A > 11A+K
3AA as before
1A now does SCIV 2A+B and can be cancelled to remain BT
4A now does SCIV 4A+K
Jump A /B / K as before
2A / 2B / 2K as before

BBB is SCIV BB, 6B+K
6B is the new string described by Frayhua
3B launches higher than SCIV and allows 3B+K K followup that you will see many times on any X video so far
1B actually I can't remember what it does. SCIV 1B is out
4B now does SCIV 6B

6K is just a poke, not the SCIV KND punisher
3K similar
1K as before (I believe the 1kA cancel is there too but sorry I didn't check properly)
4K as before

A+B is the new GC attack. There is a small TC at the start.
6A+B as previously mentioned has a rather nice aGI
4A+B as previously mentioned doesn't launch. Still cool tho
2A+B now does SCIV WS B

B+K as before
6B+K iirc now does SCIV A+B
4B+K same
3B+K has followup K like SCIV 44K
1B+K same

66A no KND, sorry I didn't check the followups
22A I think might be SCIV 22A+B but I can't remember for sure
44A as before but I don't think there's a SXS transition

22B is SCIV 2 5 B
66B as before, hold for GC
44B as before

66K same
22K can't remember :s
44K is SCIV 2A+K with same ensuing mixup

66A+B is SCIV 33B, hold to cancel third strike into SXS
I can't remember the other 8wr A+B attacks

66B+K and 44B+K as before
22B+K still aGI but has some cool followups (B for auto-RE)

6A+G same
4A+G same as B throw I think
214A+G is now like the SXS throw

The SXS throw I did is more like the SCIV 214B+G but sorry I didn't get to find out if the followup is still there

SXS A same
SXS K gives Lethal hit possibly after crouching an attack
SXS B same
SXS A+B is SVIV 66A+B
can't remember if I tried other commands

EDIT: I'll post general SCVI info in the other thread

EDIT II: couple more things after watching some bits of the videos (they are in the media library here):

I think 22K is same as 1K, as before
Crybaby is still there
BT JF B+K is still there. As before, the crumple stun dies fast if you've done it previously in the combo
BT B+K now allows follow up, including low throws, on NH

Interesting finds
Her new command throw is her SXS throw & her old command throw is in SXS. It's now even easier to make High Horizontals not matter. A+B being Luna's old 66B. Maybe 22_88B+K might be good for once.
Now 22_88B+K counters Mid Thrusting Verticals. It never happened before.

22_88B+K.gif

Xianghua's 4A+B Lethal Hit

Xianghua 4A+B Lethal Hit.gif

Last edited:
Back