Xianghua Movelist Analysis

I think that a lot of those air techable combos are either flashy for the trailer or they are soul charged. I doubt that they would take a Tekken route but who knows. I am 90% sure it's soul charge just based on other gameplay.
Except in the trailer, there was no Soul Charge. She just did it straight out of an aGI.

X has Xianghua damage as expected. She's not OP at the moment. I never hated Xianghua. It was just that X was insanely OP in SCIII.
That's because the PS2 lacked patching abilities. The PAL version removed her cancel on 66A+B, which made her no longer broken, in my opinion.

SXS is confirmed and has an aGI after it now. 6A+B is now an aGI. Xianghua's SCIV WS B can now aGI low horizontals. 4A+KA seems a bit better. I think X has 2 more new stances.
This is all awesome. Finally, after the crap that was Leixia, we get a proper character again.

Is that a new WS K in the Kayane video? Also, AA... A?!

Has anyone been able to see if her classic 66A+B is in the game, with the tech step properties?

It's gone because in Soul Charge Mode it would be broken. Leixia's WS B[BE] was almost broken in Prepatch SCV. Xianghua's 33_99B is now 66A+B. It's still a NC. The ender in Soul Charge Mode is her 66B+K as a Guard Break. Xianghua in SCVI plays like SCIV X with stances. She has Leixia's FC 3bB & 66BbB Guard Break attacks.

@FallenAngelII, I know a lot of people don't like the replacements because they lacked what the originals had. Xianghua's style was always effective even with low damage. I know Leixia had slower moves, lack of lows, & decent damage. Leixia was a great character and she let me do what I wanted. As for Xianghua, I'm glad she's back and not OP. I'm glad that my style of play is intact with Xianghua's Lethal Hits. I like her color 2 costume in SCVI better the default colors. Her CE is a good mix of the enders of Leixia's CE & Xianghua's SCIV Critical Finish. Xianghua's return is just Too Sweet.
vlcsnap-2018-01-27-06h18m49s652.png

Some more random things I noticed in this video and others:
- Both of her old crouch throws are back (maybe they are 1_3 A+G now?)
- Her command throw is back (I noticed the first part of her old 214B+G-throw at some point in another video)
- She has a new move that looks like Raphael's old 236B, there is a fast version without Guard Break and a slower version with a Guard Break.
- 1B+K
- At 46:46 you can see that Mitsu can block the last hit of her old 33B even though the first two hits connected. So definitely no NC.
- Also her last hit of the old 33B doesn't cause the opponent to FC on block anymore.
- At 55:46 it looks like she does 3AK but then cancels the K into her old 66A+B. So in some way, the old 66A+B is still in the game.
- At 56:40 you can see that she does a slow Guard Break version of her SXS B. So probably no more stance buffing like in SC4, but a standard chargeable Guard Break version that is possible at any time.

Is that a new WS K in the Kayane video? Also, AA... A?!

Xianghua has her old WS K. SCVI has some gimmicky strings like AAA & BBB for all characters in case the opponent is Reversal Edge happy. AAB is a counter hit combo. AABB in Soul Charge Mode is a counter hit combo without the aid of a stun. AAA isn't a true NCC. Kilik's BBB is amazing after his WS B. The final hit is a Guard Break. Xianghua & Kilik have thier A+K moves again.

I went ahead and updated the OP, I am going to organize it later on and even make a spreadsheet if I have the time. Thanks everyone for contributing by the way! :)

It's gone because in Soul Charge Mode it would be broken. Leixia's WS B[BE] was almost broken in Prepatch SCV. Xianghua's 33_99B is now 66A+B. It's still a NC. The ender in Soul Charge Mode is her 66B+K as a Guard Break. Xianghua in SCVI plays like SCIV X with stances. She has Leixia's FC 3bB & 66BbB Guard Break attacks.

How would it be broken? 66A+B in classic Xianghua wasn't considered even one of her better moves, much less usable moves, much less broken. WS B [BE] was only considered almost broken because the original had 1 frame step, strong GI and led into combo, which prevented ground pressure and did combo level damage. Not to mention WS B [BE] was safe. Great Wall was never like that and was almost always super negative, like stab punishable. It had no GI, no combo, and wasn't 1 frame step.

1B+K is still in the game too, which further shows why it wouldn't be broken. >.< This sucks. lol

Last edited:
How would it be broken? 66A+B in classic Xianghua wasn't considered even one of her better moves, much less usable moves, much less broken. WS B [BE] was only considered almost broken because the original had 1 frame step, strong GI and led into combo, which prevented ground pressure and did combo level damage. Not to mention WS B [BE] was safe. Great Wall was never like that and was almost always super negative, like stab punishable. It had no GI, no combo, and wasn't 1 frame step.

I have no problems with Xianghua's old 66A+B or Leixia's WS B. I was talking about WS B [BE] being god tier in Prepatch SCV. As for Xianghua's old 66A+B in SCVI, it can be done after Xianghua's 3A. It's 3AB. 3AK is still a CH combo.

1B+K is still in the game too, which further shows why it wouldn't be broken. >.< This sucks. lol

Xianghua's 1B+K is just like Prepatch Leixia's version where it puts the opponent in crouch on hit. The reason why all three hits 66A+B is a NCC again is because in Soul Charge Mode, Xianghua makes the 3rd hit a Guard Break. Then, she does 66B+K afterwords. The move is 66A+BB in Soul Charge Mode. The 1st 2 hits are NC and the opponent blocks the 3rd hit it Soul Charge Mode getting chip damage and the 4th and final B is Xianghua's 66B+K.

I have no problems with Xianghua's old 66A+B or Leixia's WS B. I was talking about WS B [BE] being god tier in Prepatch SCV. As for Xianghua's old 66A+B in SCVI, it can be done after Xianghua's 3A. It's 3AB. 3AK is still a CH combo.

Ouch...that's a big blow to my aggressive style against slower characters if it's only a string now. Hopefully it won't be too bad. SCIV X was my worst variant in terms of style matching by far. But yeah, WS B [BE] was pretty insane.

Xianghua's 1B+K is just like Prepatch Leixia's version where it puts the opponent in crouch on hit. The reason why all three hits 66A+B is a NCC again is because in Soul Charge Mode, Xianghua makes the 3rd hit a Guard Break. Then, she does 66B+K afterwords. The move is 66A+BB in Soul Charge Mode. The 1st 2 hits are NC and the opponent blocks the 3rd hit it Soul Charge Mode getting chip damage and the 4th and final B is Xianghua's 66B+K.

This is a lot of nice info. Hopefully some of this helps with adapting. May I ask, what is the new input for Leixia's 22B/Xianghua's SCIV...was it 2_5B? Can't remember the input. But yeah, it seems a lot of players were doing it accidentally, so is that back to a normal 22 input?[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
@FallenAngelII[/USER], I know a lot of people don't like the replacements because they lacked what the originals had. Xianghua's style was always effective even with low damage. I know Leixia had slower moves, lack of lows, & decent damage. Leixia was a great character and she let me do what I wanted. As for Xianghua, I'm glad she's back and not OP. I'm glad that my style of play is intact with Xianghua's Lethal Hits. I like her color 2 costume in SCVI better the default colors. Her CE is a good mix of the enders of Leixia's CE & Xianghua's SCIV Critical Finish. Xianghua's return is just Too Sweet.View attachment 48007
I disliked Leixia because she had weak damage, her guard crushing abilities were severely nerfed, she wasn't anymore safe than much better and much more powerful characters, she had no real combos unless off a quakestep, guard crush or very gimmick counterhits (like, say, 1A). She lacked good lows and good cancels. A lot of her moves were truncuated version of Xianghua's strings/moves and thus made her feel like an incomplete character. And each patch nerfed her despite her starting out as mid tier to begin with.

Xianghua has her old WS K. SCVI has some gimmicky strings like AAA & BBB for all characters in case the opponent is Reversal Edge happy. AAB is a counter hit combo. AABB in Soul Charge Mode is a counter hit combo without the aid of a stun. AAA isn't a true NCC. Kilik's BBB is amazing after his WS B. The final hit is a Guard Break. Xianghua & Kilik have thier A+K moves again.
I mean, yeah, AAA obviously isn't a NCC, here's too large a pause, it's clear it's 100% a mix-up tool. It's been so long since IV I completely forgot what her old WS K used to be :P.

@AKNova7 - Xianghua has classic 22_88B. In SCVI, it hits twice & the opponent can't air control after the 2nd hit. Maybe it'll combo into 9KK.

I disliked Leixia because she had weak damage, her guard crushing abilities were severely nerfed, she wasn't anymore safe than much better and much more powerful characters, she had no real combos unless off a quakestep, guard crush or very gimmick counterhits (like, say, 1A). She lacked good lows and good cancels. A lot of her moves were truncuated version of Xianghua's strings/moves and thus made her feel like an incomplete character. And each patch nerfed her despite her starting out as mid tier to begin with.

I know Project Soul made "successors" a little different that the original's, but they were still great charcters. Everyone knows the originals are returning in SCVI and feel more complete than their replacements. Example: Xianghua having great damage, speed, lows, and more mixup options. Leixia a.k.a Discount Xianghua is too good. Xianghua is God-Tier because she does what Leixia does, but better. 72 DMG combos after 44B+K or Duck punish with Xianghua feels great. With Leixia, 49 DMG is good because I can make my opponent guess wrong after 3B+KK to repeat the same situation. 49 + 49 = 98 DMG with Leixia is great when you know how to make your opponent's moves not matter.

I mean, yeah, AAA obviously isn't a NCC, here's too large a pause, it's clear it's 100% a mix-up tool.

Xianghua's AAA is pointless. I stick to the basics AA on NH, AAB on CH, & AABB(Soul Charge Mode) on CH.

I know Project Soul made "successors" a little different that the original's, but they were still great charcters. Everyone knows the originals are returning in SCVI and feel more complete than their replacements. Example: Xianghua having great damage, speed, lows, and more mixup options. Leixia a.k.a Discount Xianghua is too good. Xianghua is God-Tier because she does what Leixia does, but better. 72 DMG combos after 44B+K or Duck punish with Xianghua feels great. With Leixia, 49 DMG is good because I can make my opponent guess wrong after 3B+KK to repeat the same situation. 49 + 49 = 98 DMG with Leixia is great when you know how to make your opponent's moves not matter.
It wouldn't have mattered so much to me if there weren't half a dozen characters as safe as Leixia who had to work only 1/3rd as hard as her to get the same damage as her from the same kind of mix-ups. And a bunch of characters who just had better mix-ups with much better damage. SCV is the only game where I've ever stuck to a character due to character loyalty and it was extremely frustrating.

Xianghua's AAA is pointless. I stick to the basics AA on NH, AAB on CH, & AABB(Soul Charge Mode) on CH.
Dammit. I was hoping for a useful mix-up.

It wouldn't have mattered so much to me if there weren't half a dozen characters as safe as Leixia who had to work only 1/3rd as hard as her to get the same damage as her from the same kind of mix-ups. And a bunch of characters who just had better mix-ups with much better damage. SCV is the only game where I've ever stuck to a character due to character loyalty and it was extremely frustrating.

Leixia was fine in SCV because her okizeme was great after every launcher. She could make nearly every Horizontal & Veritcal Attack not matter to get strong oki. Xianghua is God-Tier is SCVI she does it better & faster than Leixia. Xianghua's AAB in Soul Charge Mode is something I wanted. AA NC with the B chipping the guard gauge. 66A+BB in Soul Charge Mode after the 1st two hits 66A+B being a NC. The 3rd & 4th Hits are Guard Break Attacks to do Guard Gauge Damage & Chip Damage. Xianghua having 66BbB is a great thing because 66BB is a CH combo. Then, 66BbB is useful because it's a Guard Break & destroys GI & RE. I'm looking forward to a lot of Xianghua's Lethal Hits in SCVI which involve making all moves not mattering. I'm glad Xianghua is back. She's balanced, & NO ONE is going to cry on 8 Way Run saying Xianghua is bad because Xianghua has very little to no weakness with amazing aGIs, Damage, Safety, Evasion, Mix-ups, & Guard Pressure.

Last edited:
Xianghua's 6A+B is so good in SCVI. It makes 44B+K obsolete because the aGI window is faster & can be done from Neutral & From Crouch.

6A+B.gif

6A+B2.gif

Back