Xianghua Q and A

Any reason to use SXS A at any level? I don't think so, but I might have missed something. It's a completely useless move.

SXS A on hit gives you a free AA, and you can then go back into stance if you want for more mixups.

If you use SXS A during the blue state it causes a stun that you can follow up with the launch as BillyPatches said (use 3B, 66B+K to combo)

SXS K does not track as far as I know

Are you getting the full damage from the 66B+K? I'm sure it does more damage. X has to step once after the launch for her to get the full damage from 66B+K after FC3B

on a side note, how many times have you gotten a ping from the AGI from sxs taunt?
it always makes me chuckle when i get one, but surely sxs agi is the rarest move in sc4....

It's odd that the aGI is there on the lvl 2 taunt, but not lvl 1 and 3. What the hell's the point?

Probably because you're only in sxs lvl 1 one time in the whole game ever..and in lvl 3 the taunt ss more used for giving space to you and your opponent if you actually want to use it...

I need some safe setups for SXS+taunt in the middle of the game. Some times I can't wait until the end of a round (or maybe I won't win one), and I need to stock up. The best I've found so far is FC3B, 1, taunt. Any others?

I never use the taunt mid round, but I guess if you need to, you can do one after the command grab. Command grab, 1, taunt

I dunno if this has been asked already, but I need help with the command grab.

For Xianghua, after doing 214B+G, I have to put in 214B like 3-5 times, JUST to make sure the second part comes out.

I've tried several times to find the timing for the second input set, but I can't find it. It really messes up my game, because sometimes, the second hit doesn't come out at all during gameplay, forcing me to reanalyze my whole strategy. I should've asked sooner, but I didn't bother for some reason.

If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it

I sometimes mash it out as well but, I could've sworn that the notation for the throw is

214b+g, 412b. try that and see if it works better

Ya the second part is 412 B. So do 214B+G then keeping your stick at 4, bring it back to 1 then 2 and press B. You don't need to do 4 twice.

wooooow, i've been doing it wrong all of these years...... >___<......

*facepalm*

I'll try it out later on when i get the chance, but thanks alot, guys

Could someone explain how 'forced crouch' works? Reffering to X's 22/88K. Sometimes i can get a low throw, but usually not.
I dont understand. : T

fc basically means it forces the opponent to be crouched on hit or block. so, say is they decide to mash on b after being fc, then they'll get wsB. the reason you're not getting the crouch throw after 22k on block is because it isn't something that's guaranteed as far as I know. the only way you can hit it is if they stay crouch after the attack.

the same is for 6b+k, it forces crouch on block

Never go for a low throw after forced crouch if you're playing against Xianghua, because there's a good chance she'll do FC3B. Of course if she becomes predictable then enter mind games, etc.

Back