Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

A frame trap. It's a move that, if blocked, forces the opponent to block the next attack or get hit.

It's a little different than a frame trap. A frame trap you can still avoid in some other ways, it just means it'll beat out the next attack. EX: Maxi 4B,B,K series frame traps into 2A (pretty sure it still does) however you can still jump/GI the 2A. If he was to frame trap with A,A instead, you could duck it.

A jail string is a series of moves that FORCES you to block/stand etc. Viola players are doing this now, where her orb move that spins in a little loop behind your back, combined with a 2k, forces them to stand and take a throw attempt. If you block the 2k the orb still jails and forces you to stand whether on hit or block. Aside from that, a simple AA string from most characters is an easy example, once you block the first hit, you can't duck the second. Excluding Xiba's A,A of course. ;)

Basically a jail string locks you into a particular position for a moment. A frame trap doesn't lock you into anything, it just means you'll get hit by a faster attack if you try to retaliate.

What is his best option after gaurd breaks? I've generally been using 6B K BE but was curious if there was something better. Meter or not

Alternatively, when you KNOW you're about to break gauge. You can use 3(B) to break his guard. Then REM B into 6B K 1B for 85 damage (compared to 3B KK for 72-78)

Since Seong-Mina is not in the game I started using Xiba but he lacks 85%(not really) Seong-Mina moves .
So if anyone has found any of her moves on him
I've found 2: Basic moves were on kilik aswell
Opening Treasure/Hidden Treasure :3:or:1: :A:+:B:

how do you do xiba's ws k efficiently?
which moves put xiba in crouch state so I can release stick to do ws k? so far I am only using 2a but I feel there other options I am missing.

Greetings everyone :)

I'm looking for Tipps with my gameplay :) I hope, you can help a bloody newb like me :D

Here is a video I've uploaded yesterday. This match was played yesterday too and I know, he played tricks on me on the Second Round ^^ (66B Spam). I appreciate every help. If this thread is wrong here, please tell me or move it :)

Here the Movie:

Greetings, pr1mus

how do you do xiba's ws k efficiently?
which moves put xiba in crouch state so I can release stick to do ws k? so far I am only using 2a but I feel there other options I am missing.

It's best used as a punish when you duck high attacks and throws and unsafe lows.

When beginning a match, what is a typical attack you open with? Or do you just feel out your opponent first?

Hi pr1mus, I just got done watching your video and for the most part you did some smart things and not so smart things I'll try to break it down for you as best as I can.

Let's start with smart and that was the first round. You used your spacing very well and made sure not to let him get a hit that would lead to a juggle. Round 4 was great, you didn't give up and you made a comeback that I'm sure made that guy salty. The opening moments of round 5 were pretty good and I thought you had the match until he hit you. Once Algol hits you and he has meter don't expect to get up.

That brings me to what wasn't so smart. You should not use 8 B unless you have a clear whiff or a clean sidestep. You only did it twice but why I'm saying it wasn't so smart was because if it connects it leads to a lot of damage once your opponent lands. Instead of using 66 BBB, try shortening it with just 66 BB. You left yourself open on more than one occasion, or use AAK. Most of your attacks were high unless you went for lows upon knockdown. Mix up your attacks by going low and high. Try using 99 AA into brave edge since it looked like your opponent didn't block low unless he knew you were going attack his feet on wake up.

Lastly you need to defend better than just using G. Defense is not limited to just blocking, you CAN sidestep a lot of things thrown at you. I know playing online isn't perfect but a well placed just defend or guard impact WILL throw off your opponent because during online play they are NOT expecting it...trust me I've done it myself. Learn your range with Xiba, his reach is not as great as Kilik's once was but he can get in there and do some damage.

I hope this was helpful, and if it wasn't them I'm sorry lol. I also use Xiba and while he wasn't my favorite to begin with because I miss Kilik; he is certainly growing on me. Good luck and DO WORK!

-B.Revolver

Yeah :) Thanks a lot for those tipps :) I have canceled playing Xiba by now, because of missing Kilik xD

I'm trying to play PAT atm and it looks like this is going to work really good :) I have one Vid from a Fight with PAT, but this is the Xiba Area, not PAT :) Thanks anyway ^^

I find myself trying to use 44A since most people don't block low, but it's been a struggle getting in because it seems since SC4 people have learned to maul anyone carrying a staff so I can't space.

Back