Xiba Video Thread

Well, you can AK out of REM for a very pathetic horizontal swipe... but I'm pretty sure you can be BB'd out of it =/ At least Xiba still has the kB high-low. I guess that's a good poke =p

22A has always been a consistent, reliable step killer. If REM B does heavy guard damage....22A CH just got that much nastier. something that does worry me is that I don't see any reverse mixup options. 6AA, 46B, 1B, 4B+K...these are all moves that saw heavy use in SC4. Without those, other chars are just going to run Xiba over (see Hayate v. kayane above), UNLESS there is something that I'm missing...

ON ANOTHER HAND, if his 2A gives heavy frame advantage on hit like everyone else's...it may not be needed. it also Appears that Xiba does not have a shitty step like Kilik...
His reverse mixup is different and weaker this time. He has 4A which is Kilik's 33A, a TCing, sidestepping high knd attack. 44B and 4B TC too. 1B backsteps and does a low, but the backstep is slow. B+K beats all horizontals and kicks (although the GI doesn't start at least until frame 5, I havent tested it completely though. For verticals, just step. As a TJ he has 44K BE but the TJ is probably as late as SCIV Kilik's 44K. 9B should still work though. I'd say 33KB into BT B+K TJs for big damage but you can't do the move without quickstepping or 8WRing first. Seems like a lot of his stuff can't be used at too high a disadvantage.

There's also his CE which GIs mids, TCs highs and throws, and later TJs, and it does 114 damage if it GIs something, like half that if it doesn't.

For interrupts he has a standard special-low fast 2A, and that should be enough to get people out of your face.

3A is mid i14 interrupt too. 3AB is forceblock on hit leaving you at -4. Xiba has a lot's of move finishing at -4, allowing him to do 4A(vertical and hori) / 22B(vertical) / B+K(hori) / 44K (tj) / 44B (his best tc) / CE

3A is mid i14 interrupt too. 3AB is forceblock on hit leaving you at -4. Xiba has a lot's of move finishing at -4, allowing him to do 4A(vertical and hori) / 22B(vertical) / B+K(hori) / 44K (tj) / 44B (his best tc) / CE

Have 44K and 44B worked well for you? I haven't had much success with either.

44B seems to be his fast TC property attack, I can duck some attack that i can't with 4B / 4A etc...

And the damage can go insane if there is a wall after it. 44B STN naturally, 3AB is combo and wall splat.

Same with 44K BE > 6B K BE (wall splat to your left) / 3AB (wall splat front)

Xiba is really strong for damage...

So i did this combo the other day in a match on a whim and it worked. So i remade it here.

REM B > 6B K BE > WS > 6B+K > WS > 66BBB > CE
191 damage this time did over 200 the first time i did it and can do as low as 179. Im assuming it's on Clean Hits and stuff.

1 1/2 meter to do. Also after 6b+k you can't do another 6b stun for 6b-k. However if you started this with 6A K BE instead of the REM B then you could do numerous different things for anywhere from 130-200+ damage with less than 2 full bars.

Xiba can hurt man, but he needs walls.

Xiba and Kilik are very different characters style wise. Kilik was a finesse character that took time, effort, etc to win with. I feel Xiba is more gimmicky, winning because of novelty. But over time, people will catch on quickly. From my bit of play his attack transitions into stance will only work for so long (as people mention that fast B,B spam when you see him go into spark is the best thing to when you see it). Otherwise just guard (JG even) and duck if you see him hop. The people I play with are already doing all that on reaction (granted right off the bat I tell them exactly what to do but regardless, it's to be better all our games). It's not hard to train yourself to do it on reaction, eventually it's muscle memory. Having said all that, it's only a matter of time before Xiba is broken down to just a few moves to be played in a "winning"manner IMO (much like Zas in SC3). Anyone who says Xiba is the new Kilik is like saying Seung Mina was the new Kilik.

Well technically Seung Mina was before Kilik as she was the staff user of Soul Blade. And by staff i mean Naginata still.

Meaning i think he's the new Sueng-Kilik

The problem with Xiba is that it's kinda hard to start an offense and keep it going; too many disadvantaged moves.

I really wish Xiba had a grab out of REM, that would make his stance game someone useable outside of ground game.

Again, agree.

So i did this combo the other day in a match on a whim and it worked. So i remade it here.

191 damage this time did over 200 the first time i did it and can do as low as 179. Im assuming it's on Clean Hits and stuff.

1 1/2 meter to do. Also after 6b+k you can't do another 6b stun for 6b-k. However if you started this with 6A K BE instead of the REM B then you could do numerous different things for anywhere from 130-200+ damage with less than 2 full bars.

You should also try it with a starting 44B > 3AK >...

The problem with Xiba is that it's kinda hard to start an offense and keep it going; too many disadvantaged moves.

I agree.

@ixEvolution: something that you have to keep in mind, once they get in it COULD be over; you have to wait it out and look for opportunities to, duck, backdash safely, interrupt, or REM GI. Xiba doesn't have anything up close that remotely resembles gtfo, he has 3a but you have to be committed (he also has super, but....you need bar lol). Your guesses with 4B were on point, I really liked your use of it. 1A could be spaced a little better.

Another thing that you should think about is when you do 1/3A+B and they break it, if you know they are aware of the frame trap...go ahead and force another mixup. Also, look for more opportunities to 4A.

Those combos are crazy...I had no idea that those were possible lol.

Overall, nice vid.

You can do 204pts damage with 44K BE > 6B K BE > W! > 6B+K > W! > 66BBB > CE

Yeah he is definitely good with wall. 3AB, 3B and A+B B K are also strong wall splat options.

This vid was pretty informative. Xiba has to focus on punishing Pyrrha for trying to punish him; this involves skewing your mid/low frequencies to more mids, fishing for CHs alot more than normal, and generally spacing her to death. I saw you making some really good adjustments in the matchup as time went on. I'd like to suggest a couple of things though:

1) You went for 3kB and 4B on his wakeup and landed that ALOT. I would have liked more A+B. When you do it in that situation, there's no WAY he can block it on reaction...it's a pure guess lol.

2) The risk/reward for AA CH fishing is not in Xiba's favor against E. Pyrrha imho. Landing a single A give's you +2 on hit, so you can force decent mixups afterward. You started doing this near the end; good adjustment

3) Use more wsA!!!!! That move is GODLIKE; it's one of Xiba's best moves hands-down. You can force nasty frame traps and 50/50s on hit.

That's all I got for now. What do you think of the matchup?

Back