Yoshi Gameplay Videos

Yoshi has always had good wall juice... after any W! splat, you get; 2A+BB, 6A+BB..., W! 3B, aB+K (or bA)

From watching that Yoshi harada video... combo's seem pretty much the same, just looks like you can get a second wall HIGH wall splat..

What's the damage on that? Is it anywhere near the damage Yoshi got from CH iMCF in SC4?

I'll check damage later, but one thing to note, on a lot of characters the 66B is insanely timing intensive. Good luck doing this online on reaction. You have to hella buffer it in advance (the 66 motion).

Here are some gameplay vids, I was dropping my a:B+K shit online, oh well:

LOL nice vid markman... Wow people are in trouble tuesday... IM SO FCKIN HYPED...

Shame there are people with the game early... I wanted everyone on equal footing but I guess this never happens.

Shame? It always happens ;)

It never starts off equal footing when ppl have been playing the game for months !

Thanks for sharing, MarkMan. His new 3AB really throws me off. Are there any guaranteed follow-ups on CH? It doesn't look there is, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Just based on your experience now, would you say Yoshi's launch (and possibly RO game) has been significantly toned down?

I don't think anything is free, you can tech the 2K followup. His RO game is still good, but the problem is he needs to land stuff :/ Which I have a hard time doing against good players...

^^ more online play.

^^ more online play.
I’m glad your opponent is having so much fun! Makes me happy when people enjoy Soul Calibur, even if they’re not pro level or anything. [EDIT: not that he was bad... just beginning to figure the game out is all]

I don't think anything is free, you can tech the 2K followup. His RO game is still good, but the problem is he needs to land stuff :/ Which I have a hard time doing against good players...

I watched the first video you posted and the main thing I noticed that was you aren't really working Yoshi's stances into your game. I think you used one stance the entire match. As you know, Yoshi has crazy flow when you start messing around with his stance transitions, just like in Tekken.

I think you just need to get more familiar with his move set and you'll be able to open people up a little easier. Also... more iMCF. Even if you can't get big damage off of it, if the frame data hasn't changed, it's one of the fastest moves in the game and a very good tool to score counter hits.

I tried before in SC II and SC IV, I just can't play Yoshi like that ;)

CH iMCF into 66B is so hard for me to do consistently offline, I have to get used to prebuffering the 66 motion. It's fine, I'll get used to it ;)

I tried before in SC II and SC IV, I just can't play Yoshi like that ;)

CH iMCF into 66B is so hard for me to do consistently offline, I have to get used to prebuffering the 66 motion. It's fine, I'll get used to it ;)

we're going to have awesome yoshi mirrors mark! =D

SOULCALIBUR V casual online matches featuring MarkMan (Yoshimitsu) & Filthierich (Natsu) - http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkManSDT/videos

---

I used the PlayStation 3 Replay Mode option to export the movies in MPEG4 format, then uploaded them to YouTube after. Neat stuff!

BTW if anyone is wondering, Rich and I were playing against each other online and he lives about 10 hours away (driving) from me.

My connection was bizarrely good in every single match. I’m sort of in a daze.

Also, having loads of fun reppin’ Yoshi. This first 24 hours is probably the only time in my life I’ll be in the world top 50 25 online for XBL... enjoying it while it lasts. ;-)

Thanks for sharing, MarkMan. Lolo's observation is right. The "butter effect" or slide effect from a:B+K has been greatly reduced . On the other hand, it looks like the reduced slide may open up some other possibilities.

Not sure if you're looking for feedback, but try to avoid using FLE K. It's punishable and people rarely block low. FLE B and its variations led to good things. Hopefully that's the same in SCV.

My copy is on its way. Hopefully it'll arrive soon. =/

If 66B is hard for you after iMCF try RCC bA ( If your good at RCC'ing )

I think tech traps after iMCF will be where its at... depending on the tech traps you get after certain stuns like iMCF, 66B, 66A+B,

Anyone tried tekken moves yet? I know they are there but forgot to see if they are still time based or what...

Back