Yoshimitsu Iron-fist (tekken) moves data

Codemaster92163

[09] Warrior
I decided to take all of my information so far and add it to a thread on Yoshimitsu's "random moves" button.

So, to start off with, Yoshimitsu has a move called the Iron-Fist Possession, and in training mode you see him shake his hand and taunt. However useless as it seems in training mode, versus modes of any type have a much greater use with this move. <-A+K is the way to initiate the move, and at first, the moves that come out seem completely random and partially useless since it seems there is no way to tell what is coming out. However, there is a pattern to his moves...

All of his Iron-Fist Possession moves are based off of specific times, and during these second intervals, certain moves will be activated. All of the times I am about to list are based off of 60 second rounds, and for a little note, the ending number (In all but a few cases) determines what move you will get.

Since I don't know the real names of the moves, I decided to name them myself. Some moves names lack creativity, but it describes the move well enough for you to tell when you have done it. Unfortunately though, there is a move in which I am not too sure as to its use, so please bear with me on that, and if you know, tell me please. So, here is the Yoshimitsu Iron-Fist Possession Time Chart!

EDITS! Changed certain names after watching them more closely. Also changed usefulness of some moves.

TIME (SECONDS)...][.........MOVE LISTINGS............][...USEFULNESS
-------------------------------------------------------------------
59,49,39,29.........][ Standing Spin........................][ ???
58,48,38,28,21....][ Iron-Fist taunt/attack..............][ 5
57,47,37,27,17,7.][ Leaping Unblockable Fist...........][ 4
56,46,36,26,16,6.][ Running Evade........................][ 9
55,45,35,25,15,5.][ "Now!" Body-slam combo............][ 7
54,44,34,24,14,4.][ Deathcopter Teleport...............][ 9.5
53,43,33............][ Electric Fist Parry....................][ 10
52,42,32,22,12,2.][ Stumbling all-dodge.................][ 7
51,41,31,11,1.....][ Duel Slaps..............................][ 6.5
50,40,30,20,10,0.][ Forward jumping kick................][ 7.5

SPECIAL TIMED MOVES

23,13,3...............][ Tekken Uppercut Unblockable....][ 9.5
19,9...................][ Super-Kick Launcher................][ 8
18,8...................][ Running Sword Thrust..............][ 4

NOTE: His Special timed moves sometimes come out and different times as well (Such as his kick launcher coming out at 26) but the listed times are when it is guaranteed to come out.

Ok, so now that you have a much greater understanding of his "Secret" moves, I shall now give them names. Starting from the 59 second command, I shall go down the list naming them.

Oh, also I do know that these moves have names in Tekken. And for those of you who don't know, the term Iron-fist possession means...
Iron: Tek
Fist: Ken
So in all this move is the Tekken Possesion. I never played Tekken so I do not know the true names of these moves. These are just names that I made up myself for fun.

Standing Spin: I don't know the use to this move, so Im stuck.
Iron-Fist Attack: Too useless for me to think of a good name for it.
Lunging Fists: Not too original, I know
Yoshimitsu Dash: Kinda self explanatory
"Now!" Body Slam: I like that name for some reason n_n
Deathcopter Teleport: Yeah, someone help me here!
Electric Fists: Cool enough name, and its easy to remember
Drunken Master Evade: Looks just like it, plus its a pretty good move move!
Duel Backhands: Its not a great move, but it should embarrass your foe!
Flying Spin Kick: Cool looking move, pretty useful too.

Spinning Uppercut: REALLY cool looking move, Its hard to name though.
Spring-Heel Kick: Funny looking move, funny name
Grave Digger: He shoves his sword in the ground and thrusts it up.

From here on out I shall describe the move, what it does, how it works, and my opinion on how good it is. Let us begin.

Standing Spin: I am completely lost on this. I tested it out for a while, but I cant see anything useful. He just, well, spins...its rather bad. EDIT! I am starting to learn what it does. I have been able to dodge foes attacks by doing the earslicer (a:B+K) input at the point of impact. My friend told me that he saw someone come out of this move with an unblockable once, but I have yet to see/hear anything else about it. Again, any info regarding this would be appreciated.

Iron-Fist Attack: Only use I see is to knock away opponents. It doesn't parry or damage them, it just knocks 'em on their arses. It is just likes Zasalamel's palm stun. EDIT! Ok well it seems its somewhat decent, yet I still wouldn't use it too often mid match.

Lunging Fists: Not any better than his Deathcopter, in fact worse, because you cannot get a combo off of this one and lacks the tiny bit of tracking the Deathcopter has. EDIT! There is a tiny use for these (though it works only 60%) You can use this move to evade their attacks and get behind their backs for a counter attack, only if their attacks are slow enough so you are not unsafe.

Yoshimitsu Dash: Awesome IMO. He runs backwards and to the side in one motion, and does it extremely fast too. Great to use when you want to get away or buy some time. EDIT! You can most often use this a split second before they hit you and still escape. The evasion time on this move is outstanding! After this you have time to contemplate your next move, so use this time wisely. I used to then couple it with a move that gets you in range (Such as the Sun flare into a stance, 4K [very rarely try for this], Deathcopter [more often then not,] and Famina shark attack.)

"Now!" Body Slam: Really cool looking and somewhat useful. The first part ducks highs but does not attack, but if you then hit ^A+K He shall do a back-flip launch then body slam them on the ground. Moderate damage, but hurts yourself about the same amount Tira's attacks do to herself. Also, since not many people have seen this move done, you can generally always smack them with at least one part of it since they will almost never expect it to come.EDIT! A little bit better than I thought. I rarely do not get this move off now, so I advise using this when you can.

Deathcopter Teleport: My favorite Iron-Fist Possession move. If they are close enough to you, you instantly teleport behind their backs in the air and strike them down with an unblockable strike that resembles the deathcopter. You cannot get the combo I think, but it is an instant unblockable that gets BEHIND the opponent! What more must I say? EDIT! INCREDIBLY USEFUL! I love this move more than ever now. If they tech back, it is a guaranteed hit. After some moves (I'll look more into it and write them down,) he even TRACKS the enemy to hit them as well. It is also sometimes wise to sacrifice a combo of yours that involves stuns on the ground or the ear-slicer air combo's and instead pop this move and get a nice chance of hitting them.

Electric Fists: Really useful. Parries highs and mids. If they are right next to you, you hit them with the electricity and knock them back, and, well, the whole "Almost-All parry" thing is nice too. EDIT! Nice tech trap with this move. Should you use it on them while they are in the air, you can almost always get a Deathcopter off with it. Same if they are on the ground. Stun them with it, then use your Deathcopter to hit them.

Drunken Master Evade: When an opponent attacks you, you are either A.) Put into your meditation stance by high attacks B.) Put into a Deathcopter by mid attacks C.) Made to use the side evade teleport Yoshimitsu has when attacked by a mid D.) Put into your Flea stance when attacked by a low. AWESOME MOVE if I may say so. EDIT! Still is a good move, but should your opponent be expecting this (Or knows how it looks) they need merely wait until half of the move is over, then the parrying sequence ends and your just dazed and defenseless. Great in some situations, horrible in others.

Duel Backhands: Interesting to see, and if your opponent is expecting you to do the backhand/siphon life combo, they may get hit by the second backhand that he uses. You must hit 4A+K twice in order to do both hits. EDIT! You can get wall combos off of this, and it has a nice ring-out capability from what I've seen. It also can relaunch opponents if you hit them just right (AC-able however). This move is a move I use quite often now.

Flying Spin Kick: I love this move sometimes. He jumps in the air and leaps forward quite a ways. He is technically dodging lows and beats out a lot of other moves. He kicks you in the face, dealing quite a bit of damage (In other words, more than most of his normal moves.) EDIT! Good to use when you know your foe is going to automatically tech away and try to smack you, because then you have a high chance of getting a CH with it. Also safe on hit since it leaves you grounded and them with a nice block stun.

Spinning Uppercut: It evades all highs and throws, plus he is spinning on the ground, inching forward until "BOOM!" he smacks you in the jaw with his unblockable punch. This move has a nice knockout capability and can also hit foes into walls which can lead to his door-knocker combo or 2A+B then 666. EDIT! This move can be charged up for more damage and duration by holding the command. Hitting it once and releasing does the quicker and less damaging version, while holding it out basically doubles the damage, while only adding a fraction of a second to the time it takes for this move to come out. I found it much more useful now than I have before, as I seem to be using it more and more. A good time to use it is when they are on the ground and you just did 3b, after doing CH 6B, and after many other moves as well (such as a DNK or 9B+K K).

Spring-Heel Kick: Really funny looking launch move. He runs up for a second, then does some crazy kick that goes straight into the air. He makes you FLY though! It is a higher launch than his kangaroo kick, gives you less delay time, and leaves them in front of you instead of behind you! There is a really cool combo you can do with it if they are stuck near a wall but do not hit it when they are launched. You can do the Rising Kite for a bit of damage, then Smack them straight down with the Unblockable strike from the Super Manji Dragonfly, then do 2[A+B] 66 for a nice combo. It looks so cool. EDIT! He has a glitchy combo-ish thing that involves this. You can do 66A+B and hit them guaranteed to do some nice damage. It looks really odd, and should not even hit them as it appears, but it still does and works quite nice. I still have not tested to see if you can do his air grab after this, but I will soon get to that.

Grave Digger: Its a nice attack. He runs forward for a split second then stabs them in their feet. It does relatively low damage, though, and doesn't seem to be overly effective in most situations. EDIT! This move generally sucks IMO now. Its relatively slow to pull off, hits mid (Though appears low, and tricked me first time I saw it,) and doesn't have many follow up moves after it.

I have also saved replys that gave more info or an opinion of the moves.
Here they are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
soulcaliburfreak Writes: I have been meaning to do this post for some time discussing in detail what moves I use on a regular basis. Some of his Iron Fist moves are extremely useful.

As far as Im concerned only a few of these moves are useful in high competitive play so I will get into those ones first.

-Teleport Unblockable (54,44,34,24,14, 4)- Incredibly useful and fast. Does around 35-40 damage, hard to step, and Yoshi teleports behind the opponent. Only downside to this is that the range is short. Far as I can tell its really safe on whiff however. As soon as Yoshi switches his sword back to his right hand, I believe he is in neutral frames. My advice is to try this move out and see how well you like it.

-Lunging Lariat kick (50,40,30,20,10)- I love this move for the range. It does good damage, knocks down, and has good blockstun. Only problem is that its high. More often than not, if the move is well placed, people will eat the damage or block it. We have really good players in NorCal and I have only had it ducked once on reaction. Placement is key.

-Low thrust (18,8)- Normally rounds dont get down to this point in time but if they do, more often than not you and your opponent will both be low on life. It has good range, more damage than 3K, and is a low. Ive won rounds with this.

Those are the only moves I really use in high competitive play. Some could argue Jins Parry (53,43,33) is useful but Id rather just GI and go for mixup. Jin unblockable punch (23,13,3) is useful in its own way. It does good damage, hard to step, and hits grounded. Only problem is its slow and has no GI properties. Anyones 2A will own this move if they are looking for it. His Super Kick launcher (19, 9) has its uses. Its safe (Not to some AA's) on block, has great tech crouch properties, and does good damage on its own. The only thing I have found for good followup damage is 66A+B. Maybe theres something better? Drunken Master auto evage (52,42,32,22,12,2) has its uses as well. I really wish it has auto evade properties throughout the animation but it doesnt. Looks cool as shit though lol.

In closing, alot of these moves have uses. Some more than others but my advice would be to have fun and try them out. Everyones style is different and thats what makes Yoshi so awesome. Cheers~

P.S. Jins spinning punch unblockable is a tech trap off of CH iMCF, CH a:B+K, and CH 66A. Someone correct me if Im wrong as I just had this idea and am at work atm so I cant test. Ill test when I get home. Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RDDK Writes: 26, 16, 06 : ~60% Running Evade and ~30% Lee's Kick

22, 12, 02: ~60% Drunken walk and ~30% Devil Jin's unblockable

21, 11, 01: ~60% Xiaoyu's taunt and ~30% Paul's launcher

quote:

Originally posted by soulcaliburfreak
-Low thrust (18,8)- [...] ..and is a low

It's MID ^^

EDIT! Okay so in addition to Zombiebear666's combos down there, ive decided to add some of my own to this.

CH iMCF, Crouch cancel, 2A+B B, 33B (or a normal 3B,) 44bB, T3 for small relaunch, follow with a near guaranteed Deathcopter.

REF A, DNK, T4 (Follows some directions, not all. Seems very arbitrary.)

ST9 66A+B

ST9 44bB, 44bB, 44bB, 44bB, 44bB, a:B+K, 66B (Ive done it enough times so that its the one I use most often)

ST3 Into a wall, 2A+B B, if they were on the ground when you hit them follow it up with some other moves (such as a possible 236B or another move of choice)

T3 whenever they are one the ground. Hitting them at the right distance with it can lead to a (not always) Deathcopter

T1 (both slaps) into wall can lead to any wall combos found in Wall combo thread if distance is right.

T8 (hit) into 6B (most people don't expect to shake the stun) If you dont wanna risk that, go for a a:B+K. Most times you will attack them when they try to attack you.

T6 66A+B (Works like a charm)

T4 66B

T3 QRT (quickest recovery time. Meaning you hit them at just the right spot so Yoshi doesnt finish the frames of his move) 6K2K

T5 if they are not getting up off the ground.

6A+K 4, T4 (guaranteed to get behind their backs) 66B or 1B

CH 3AB, T0 (Rarely hits, but can do nice damage and flings them a little ways across screen)

T3 Med B (not guaranteed but can lead to nice damage and most often times you will get this.)

T2 when you see a move of theirs coming and then hit them with appropriate attack.

T3 opponent next to wall, follow with 3B and combo, or if your not sure it will hit, follow up with an iMCF for CH chance or any other move. T3 can freak out opponents.

T3 then standard grab. Works on people who are used to you attacking after this move.

Ive got more but for the time being these are all I remember. I'll post more up to help you guys later.

EDIT! Some more tricks

ST6 Kick launcher, follow it up with a 66A+B, 2K, then a ST3 unblockable. Takes out a nice chunck of life. I have yet to miss this combo.

Adding more soon!

EDIT! as of 10/4/09.

ST9 or ST6 Kick launcher, 44bb 44bb 44bb 44bb 44bb 44bb followed by either an earslicer if a RO opportunity arises or ST3 uppercut for MASSIVE damage.

FC 3K, ST3 uppercut

Any move that knocks an opponent to the ground followed by a ST3 uppercut deals nice damage and can lead to RO's, wall splats or good positioning.

T1 into walls, 11B, 6A+K4, iMCF, 88_22B, 3B, 44bb, a:B+K, DNK, 3B. If you are at the right time and an opportunity arises, substitute an attack with a ST3 uppercut.

um so the top 3 most effective to use in a fight are Deathcopter tele, runnning evade, and electric fist?

Hey codemaster... Great info as always but the way to initiate is 4A+K and up A+K you put B+K so i guess you just mixed the notations up ? Just edit and i'll edit this post... figured i'd let you know... Ha I love your tekken move yoshi son ;) awesome...

PEOPLE listen to this guy.... He knows alot about these moves and really works them into his game... They will THROW anyone off anytime they hit in a match... The properties of most of these moves are awesome and they set up for tech traps and other great moves... They almost all have evaision properties of some kind... PRACTICE up on these its def worth it....

Jins death fist is also a tech trap after the 24, 14 and 4 numbers... after kuni's teleport if you go straight into jins spinning fist it will usually tech trap them long as you dont hold it.... I've been having success lately with holding it lol cause most people dont know what it is...

Nice work again man, Just change those B+K's to A+K's and its perfecto....!
See you online CodeMasta

Ok I edited it. Thanks Viz, didnt notice that! And to answer the other guys question From what I use most to least here are the most useful moves.

Electric-Fists: By far one of his best moves. It has a long parry duration and if you actually hit them with this, your at a fairly decent advantadge. I generally use this, then try a 6B or sometimes 3B, cuz they almost never expect to get his by those fists.

Drunken Parry: Yeah I understand that this can leave you in a bad position, but the benefits outweigh the cons. If you know they are gonna attack you, and you see the 2 second marker, use it! Its a great way to be put in a huge advantadge. Even if your getting up and you think they might try something fishy, use it right away. If they know this move and try to grab you, spam B's or A's to avoid getting thrown, and the move will avoid attacks itself, so its a GREAT MOVE!

Instant Teleport: Great after alot of his moves. The only slight downside to this is the fact that sometimes I get hit before he actually teleports, but generally thats not the case. Good damage, nice evade property, really cool looking/unexpected. What more need I say?

Yoshimitsu Dash: Always use it, even when you dont feel like you need to. If you are close, it gets you into perfect Deathcopter trick position, and also gives you some space to breath if you feel like you are taking a beating. Also, you can get up and use this, and more often than not, get this off so you dont have to take a beating on the floor or standing up.

Jin's uppercut: Obviously a great move. Tech traps in alot of situations, isn't easily caught on reaction (though obviously its not the fastest unblockable, it confuses alot of people by the way he moves and how it looks.) Also again, good ringout/wall combo opportunities with this move.

And, as odd as it is for me to say this one next... "Now" body slam: Its RARELY expected, does nice damage, dodges highs for a tiny bit, jumps in the air, hits grounded opponents, does ALOT of damage on counter hit (Or even with the second hit alone,) and barely does any damage back to you. The damage is about equivilent to using his SDGF for a second or two.

Fucking sick wit it code! I already started working Blazing kick(19,9) into my mix-up. Granted the match lasts that long lol. You, Viz, and myself be SLAYIN' Niggas wit da quickness lol! JK guys.

Ok I added a bit more information after using the moves some more. Hope its still helping everyone with this move n_n

how about some combos or mix up options involving these...
There are many combos based off the Kick Launcher.
ST9 = Kick Launcher
ST9, 9K, 66B_DNK 3B (only close to wall)
CH ST9, MDF A+B...
yeah, and probably a bunch more with a:B+K etc...
After an a:B+K on an mid-air opponent, I like to do the Super Knucle Buster T7 (second #7) if the timing is right... because it's cool...
EDIT: after ST9, 9K_8K, I managed to do T7... it was cool...
after 3B you can do ST8, which is Paul's Low Launcher...
after T4 (deathcopter tele-unblockable) you can do ST3 (Spinning Unblockable Uppercut)...

ST3 (Spinning Unblockable Uppercut) can be done after a:B+K hits a mid-air opponent too... it hits grounded and I'm not sure if they can tech...
I think that ST8 (Low Launcher) is a special mid/ low, because I had someone block it standing...
After ST9 (Kick Launcher/ Death Kick... because of "DIE!") then 44bAG is cool... (rings out)
ST9, 44bB, 33B B+K, 3B has crucial timing for the 3B to hit... they can block it if you don't time it right... I had it tech trap once... you can also do a DNK instead...

Very nice post. I find myself using the leaping unblockable, the electronic fist parry, and the drunken fist probably my most useful selection of his iron fist moves. The leaping unblockable is truly a funny WTF move, almost as much as divine truth lol.

Drunken Fist happens so fast, what you know to do after it is when it's useful... I just read more on Yoshi's Techs and Wake-ups. You can probably Dash and tech with 3K after T7 (Leaping/ Super Knuckle Buster)... There are probably loads of Tech Traps after these Tekken Moves, and maybe some of these moves are Tech Traps themselves... most likely ST8 (Low Launcher)...
New mix/ comboish addition, 214A(close), T4 (Tele-Unblockable) pretty good...
I'm having trouble finding use for T5 (4A+K8A+K, Yoshi Bellyflop) other than a fake out... and some good laughs...
EDIT:
On a further note, to master the use of these Tekken Moves, you must master the clock and the time it takes to execute a post combo or move. ex: 66B, a:B+K takes about ~3 seconds to execute, do this at Second 40 and at 37 it's Knucklebuster time... do this earlier incase they tech like at Sec. 31 or 32... good for a scare... adds pizazz
ADDED:
After a CH A+K interrupt etc... if timed right ST8_T4 is ok...

No tech traps on T4 or ST3, unfortunately. I tested extensively. The opponent's recovery time on all these moves is quite short. =(

On a side note, 3B is a guaranteed follow-up to ST3 if you land it from close-mid range.

Sometimes I land 3B after T4, but thats probably just luck... If I'm lucky/ smart enough to land a T4 too...
Watching the clock and the match is difficult for me sometimes...
Can you do anything after T3? (Auto Parry/ Yoshi Flex Your Muscles! GI)
What would be recommended after you successfully do a T3 GI?

Sometimes I land 3B after T4, but thats probably just luck... If I'm lucky/ smart enough to land a T4 too...

Codemaster has it right. I land 66B 99% of the time after T4.

Watching the clock and the match is difficult for me sometimes...

There are certain times when you can always check the clock safely:
- During DNK juggles
- During throws
- When there's a lull in the battle. Basically during that time when you're both out of range of each other.
- When you're getting nailed by a long combo (i.e. Mitsu's standard combo, Algol's standard combo, etc.)
- In fact, anytime you'll be grounded for an extended period of time (i.e. getting thrown, etc.)

If I think of more, I'll list them. I check it unconsciously now. Eventually, checking the clock will become a natural thing for you. Especially when the clock approaches 23.

Can you do anything after T3? (Auto Parry/ Yoshi Flex Your Muscles! GI)
What would be recommended after you successfully do a T3 GI?

You have to finish your animation on T3, unfortunately. So, you don't get anything free if you get a GI or JI. Usually the opponent is in BB range after getting hit, GIed, or JIed, so I stick with that for safety reasons. You can get away with more if your opponent gets pushed away by it late in the animation.

I trained myself to always watch the clock and the match. Its kinda like playing an instrument. You must read your music and watch the conductor. Music is the fighting and the conductor is the time. Works really easy for me.

After DNK you can use ST8. I think they can block it, but people tech mostly after DNK...
ADDED:
New Kick Launcher Combos!!!
ST9, INT K (hits'em high), a:B+K, +follow-ups
ST9, INT K (hits'em mid), DNK, 3B_follow-ups
note: *INT K needs to be done fast-ish... And need to be timed right for the combos to work...
*If timed right, T4 may be an option after DNK version...
New...
ST9, INT B works... pretty common

oh srry, INT K... I'll change that for y'all... new one added too!
NEW...
ST9 isn't the only time you can do the Kick Launcher, you can do it at Second 6 near the very end of a match or at 16 (sometimes) however rare it maybe, just be prepared...
So; ST9, MED B, and 2K techs_ 3B (close to wall techs)_ If ST9 is done at S6 then ST3 is a good but rare option, if it hits at 6 just do MED B a bit slower (that shouldn't be a problem)...
AND, ST8 (Low Laucher) is a confirmed Special Mid. FC (2B) or FC (2K) is a good option for wakes off of ST8.
After T6 (Shadow Evade), 44_22_88B+K or 66B+K A+B K (and all of it's mixes) are a good way to close the gap on an opponent and good for mix ups if they're defensive...
NEW...
ST9, 8A+BG, (mix)2K... the 2K is mixup and can be blocked, but it's safe after it hits a grounded or teching opponent so it is reliable...
NEW...
Easy; ST9, ST8, (mix)2K can combo...
iMCF, 11B+K, 3B+K:B, ST8/ T4

Back