Yoshimitsu Iron-fist (tekken) moves data

Then the best would be... Flea??? for FLE K, MDF A+B combo...
I like 4A+B auto evade from Drunken Stance, I think you don't lose any health for doing the first spin, but extra spins after it take your health...
I recently had T5-8K tech trap on someone... I iMCF, 3AB, aB+K (near wall) they tried rolling to the right while I pulled T5 out and it scooped 'em up...
I would really like to know what is so special about ST8 (low launcher) that it has to be a special move after 26 seconds, and why it can't be on every 8th second... - (oh yeah, this move comes out at 21, 11, and 1 sometimes too)
It looks like st8 could tech off a midair ear slicer...
On another note I'm just going to add a list of tekken moves to yoshi's frame data...

Then the best would be... Flea??? for FLE K, MDF A+B combo...
I like 4A+B auto evade from Drunken Stance, I think you don't lose any health for doing the first spin, but extra spins after it take your health...

The best is either MED or the auto-evade, imo. FLE K is nice, but it's unsafe on block and hitting K as soon as drunken-stance evades something can result in MED K. Not really the safest of moves. Hence why I think planning to mash B is the strongest option. Unless you can react to each evade, of course. You are correct that the auto-evade from drunken does not take life.

I recently had T5, 8A+K tech trap on someone... I iMCF, 3AB, aB+K (near wall) they tried rolling to the right while I pulled T5 out and it scooped 'em up...

T5 is not practical enough to be used on a regular basis. The start-up time is ridiculously long. If you slide them into the wall with a:B+K, then 214A tech traps. Much more practical and accessible.

I would really like to know what is so special about ST8 (low launcher) that it has to be a special move after 26 seconds, and why it can't be on every 8th second... - (oh yeah, this move comes out at 21, 11, and 1 sometimes too)

I suppose because it TCs and looks like a low, but it's really a mid. In Tekken, when Paul does this move, it's a low. I agree that it's really not that special, though.

FC 3K is a good mixup off of ST8 but I think the opponent can escape the FC 3K by teching backward - I'd have to check...
214A on wall hit yes is a safe tech trap... But T5, 8A+K is fun... and it suprisingly tech'd the opponent which was cool...
ST8 like T5 feels more like a "what the hell you doin?" move...
I wonder what ST8 does on a midair opponent?

Zombie: Having fun is all good, but these boards are focused on tourney level play. Hence the reason I mentioned the more practical, more available option.

Unfortunately, there are no tech traps off ST8. The opponent recovers much too quickly and/or Yoshi recovers much too slowly to do anything.

Btw, the second input for T5 is 8K, just like in Tekken. Save yourself the trouble of hitting that extra button. ^_^

Yeah Baba my combo is not guaranteed. After 9K, the 2A+B, B, and then 8A+K are, but the suicide is avoidable by teching and running or teching back. The "Combo" part is just the pre-suicide stuff.
Oh, and I do NOT advise using his Auto Evade T2 too often, because soon people catch on and when they see it, they either do an unblockable (which sometimes misses, but still not enough) or do huge combos once the evade version is done. It is better to only do it Mid-string or when you believe they are going to attack RIGHT AWAY! Also, 44A+K A is a great way to get into range and then do a T4 or any of your offensive timed attacks. Works very well and people generally just sit there pondering what to do next.

I understand the whole tourney level play rap, (and 8A+K is 1 button for me at least ^_^)
Yeah, your right of course on the ST8, 3K bit, but it is a good mixup, no?
I was thinking maybe ST8 could tech off something???
Meh, I always thought it was 8A+K, no worries, I'll just change notation on the wiki for you, to be more correct...

It's just really not that great of a move. =( I don't even bother to do it anymore. I would much rather wait for ST9, 16, T4, ST3, or 06. Those moves finish matches. Paul's move knocks them down and does just okay damage. And if the opponent doesn't tech or blocks low, then you'll get punished.

Well what would you say the best option off ST8 is??? because this move bugs me... maybe it's "+amazing" on block or something along those lines... who knows, it looks cool though...
EDIT: Well on ST8, 3K - you could wait for them to get up and use 3K and if they see that coming mix with WS A maybe? nevermind...

It's definitely safe on block, just like Lee's Kick. Since most moves tend to be negative on block, I'm going to guess it's a combination of its small frame disadvantage plus its massive push back that makes it safe. But, I could be wrong. Regardless, I haven't seen any guaranteed damage off of it. I'd have to do further testing to see if it's worthwhile to do against the wall or something.

WS A is a mixed bag. If you're playing against someone with an amazing BT B+K who's paying attention, you're taking a risk. =(

Zombie: DNK tech traps almost immediately after ST8. Didn't verify tech directions, but it seems techable to Yoshi's left unless my execution timing was slightly late. There's an answer. >_<

That is very cool, thank you sir...
And ST8 is -9 on guard so it isn't all too bad...
And, I posted something people may or may not be familiar with, and thats the small hit that T3 auto-Gi gives if someone is too close... It's labeled as (T3 hit) in the wiki, and it's unsafe and it's unblockable...

i wanna see someone use T8 into a iMCF its garanteed since your at plus 9 counter hit or not you have advantage after the iMCF so i think it could actually be somewhat usefull but i think you have to use it near wall or maybe you could cut a wall combo sort for the mix up off the +4 i know some great yoshi could pull it off

What are you talking about? ST8 knocks down on hit and CH. According to Zombie, on block it's -9. That means Yoshi is at disadvantage. Trying to iMCF after would turn it into an i18. Also, ST8 pushes out pretty damn far on block, meaning an iMCF follow-up wouldn't be practical at all.

If you're talking about the taunt (T8), then that's completely impractical.

ya im talking T8 and from all the impractically hard things ive seen codemaster do with the tekken moves i think it's possible and why is it impractical i mean if your doing a big ass wall combo the damage gets scalled so cutting it short for a mixup dosnt sound to bad

Babalook: If you were more familiar with Yoshi, you would know that there is absolutely no reason to never finish a wall combo. Especially for a "mixup" that is really some wanna-be iMCF setup. Furthermore, T8's range is so pathetic, that the opponent has to move or jump into Yoshi during the taunt in order to get hit.

geez hajime... someone is bite-y today.. lol.

but he is right babalook... and a lot of the stuff code does gets a LOT of help at working because of lag and being "tricky" (from what I remember...been a long long time since we played and I know I've gotten a LOT better since then...). Thats not to say some of the set-ups he does with tekken moves aren't good... a lot of them are pretty nice tech-traps and what not. Its just... there is a difference between playinga winning yoshi, a "funky" yoshi and a "winning yet funky" yoshi. Safe offline character>funky yoshi obviously... its finding the mix of the two that makes yoshi such a complex and diverse character to use.

That being said.. the taunt really should be thought of nothing more than that.... a taunt. If you have the god-like reflexes to realize its at T8 AND to use it to react to the opponent jumping at you (lets say they try to use a TJ move at INFINITELY close range..lol) then go ahead and go for it. Otherwise the move is as one would expect... a pure joke. And also like Hajime said, there is NEVER a point with yoshi to stop a wall combo to "mix up" unless you do something like a shake-able stun at the end of the combo in hopes that you get a high low grab mix-up on them. And even then... wouldn't recommend it unless you REALLY feel like you need the win RIGHT THERE because you are getting raped.

Actually, there is a point in which you may want to stop a wall combo short. If you are nearing the end of your combo, and the timer is pretty damn low, its a good idea to stop it with a shakeable stun and use ST3. Other than canceling a wall combo into that unblockable, yes, hajime is right and its almost never a good idea to stop his wall combo. However, since almost no one is looking at the time while they are pinned on a wall, you can basically get almost ALL of the wall damage (Since it is scaled down at the end) and then throw in that unblockable to get even more damage and possibly another combo with it. Your mostly right, but there are times when it is beneficial to cancel a combo. Taking a small risk (Damage wise) for such a high reward (damage wise again) seems appropriate to me.

Codemasters: Assuming your wall combo did not involve iMCF (since 6B and iMCF share the same stun) and doesn't start with 9K or 3AB, then 6B into ST3 is the only time that seems appropriate.

RDDK's two discoveries otherwise make stopping a wall combo unreasonable. The 9K wall combo ending with the 1 UB pretty much beats out any other options. And the damage scaling resets from the second 3AB in the combo 3AB, iMCF, 8K, 3AB, 44B, 33B B+K.

Alright lets see if none have posted this before, but here is a combo I've tested quite a couple of times involving his iron-fist possession..

Kunimitsu Combo
At the very beginning of the match.. (timer at 79,59..) 8A+B_B+K MDF CH: A,K DRK [doorknocker juggle, 6A+B,B,B,B] delayIRF[T4]_6B ....

Works off the beginning of matches or at 9 series(79,59,49 etc.)Pulls off Kunimitsu's unblockable at the end, takes out hella damage(not sure yet working out the details); and leaves you on the opposite side of the opponent.. DFG CH A can be blocked(guard-break props.) and hopefully you still get the K trip DNK juggle and T4 at the end, range and timing works out nice though..

OHH YEAH!!

Back