Yoshimitsu Wishlist!

flask

[09] Warrior
So, why don´t we have one of these already?

So, guys, what new/improved/nerfed stuff would you like to see for Yoshi in the next patch/game?

I don´t have much, but i´d like to see:

-Him being more safe over all? Hahah.

-Him being able to get in to FLEA from downed position, to avoid some oki.

-Some new, decent ranged horizontals.

-66B not whiffing at occasion.

-INT buffed.

-New stance?

Oh, and some more auto-GI stuff would be kickass too.
Like giving 66B+K auto-GI properties in the beginning.

So, why don´t we have one of these already?

So, guys, what new/improved/nerfed stuff would you like to see for Yoshi in the next patch/game?

I don´t have much, but i´d like to see:

-Him being more safe over all? Hahah.

-Him being able to get in to FLEA from downed position, to avoid some oki.

-Some new, decent ranged horizontals.

-66B not whiffing at occasion.

-INT buffed.

-New stance?

Oh, and some more auto-GI stuff would be kickass too.
Like giving 66B+K auto-GI properties in the beginning.

- Yosh is quite safe, beside his launchers, his lows and his punishers. Having more would be alot nice...

- That'd be too cheap such as DGK or FLEA would dodge all 1K/2K situations, and infact if they do something like a vertical that hits the floor you can FLEA then 2/8 to step it.

-He has no valuable horizontals, besides 11A, 7/8/9A, 214A.

-66B is horid in this game, it whiffs, horrible on block, and the stance transitions fail. If they kept his old one 66BB/ 66B, that'd be nice, it has alot of pressure and it's a GB.

-INT is fine the way it is, It's an average stance, if it was even better it'd be too cheap.

-For a new stance they should add his Indian stance from Tekken, where he only uses hand to hand situations =)

My wishlist...

- Give Yoshi something decent from WS. While WS A can be considered "decent", it becomes highly dangerous against characters with amazing BT B+Ks (i.e. Cervy, Asta, etc.). Currently, Yoshi has nothing terribly threatening and/or safe (with the exception of FC A) from FC / WS.

- Fix 66B whiffing issues at point blank range. 66B will not whiff at tip range and hits grounded opponents consistently. It only manages to whiff at point blank range occasionally.

Yoshi really doesn't need any serious improvement. He has enough tools to be able to handle most situations and can switch gears easily from aggressive to defensive, all while being safe.

Responses:

- DGF is accessible from a downed position and TJs. I imagine this is what they intended for balance issues, because getting into FLE from neutral happens about 5-6 frames faster than getting into DGF from neutral. If getting into DGF took the same amount of time as FLE does from a downed position (about 4-5 frames) it would be much easier to avoid and punish opponent's lows in an Oki situation on sight and would be fairly abusable. Right now you have to somewhat anticipate the lows and if you guess wrong, odds are you're TJing and won't get comboed. If you guess correctly, then you get DGF K, DNK. The trade-off is pretty damn good.

- He has 6A, 66A, 11A, 22A, AA, and 214A for decent horizontals. While situational, his horizontals aren't trash. They're just not as good relative to some of the other characters.

- INT is trash. INT B is highly negative on block. INT K is unsafe due to its built-in transition to REF (another crap stance except in very specific situations). And INT A can be dealt with easily on sight.

give yoshi a third sword this time around haha

but actually i would like it if they added a bit more long range stuff to better fight ivy, hilde, and such

and i kinda wish 3 A+B little sword dance thing did more damage

Yoshi has answers to long range characters. It just doesn't seem like it. 66A+B, 9B+K, 9A+Bg, 33B B+K, to name a few.

Agreed. 3A+B and 3[A+B] are pretty useless. =/ I guess 11B could use something also. Crap damage and crap frames.

more auto-GI's. this is all i ask for.

I'd like his 44A to be i22 and give +10 on hit for some iMCF combos or at least one of the two, other than that I completely agree with Hajime...

Here are some new moves I wish Yoshi had:
FC 3A - i16
L = Mid
Dmg = 18
G = -10
H = -5
CH = CSTN
SC = 82
TC [1-11]
*Description; looks similar to Mitsurugi's WR A... If the opponent techs after the Crumple~STN, DNK will tech all directions (so if the opponent knows this 3B is almost always guaranteed (but it is not a combo))... I am not sure if this move should be i17...

FC 3[A] - i16
L = Mid
Dmg = 18
G = +14
H = +19
CH = STN (+26)
SC = 62
~INT; TC [1-11]
*Description; looks similar to Mitsurugi's WR A, Yoshi puts his sword away and enters the Intimidation Stance... INT K is a combo on CH...

INT K:B - i25
L = High, Mid
Dmg = 31
G = -16
H = KND
CH = KND
SC = 13
NC; JF (gives decent pushback on grd)
*Description; This is an "on hit JF"... When "Whirlwind" connects he spins around a faster second time and hits the opponent's gut with almost the same animation as the beginning of his Intimidation Stance... Between the spin and the second hit is when you get the JF "flash"...

INT K:B - i25
L = High, Mid
Dmg = 31
G = -16
H = KND
CH = KND
SC = 13
NC; JF (gives decent pushback on grd)
*Description; This is an "on hit JF"... When "Whirlwind" connects he spins around a faster second time and hits the opponent's gut with almost the same animation as the beginning of his Intimidation Stance... Between the spin and the second hit is when you get the JF "flash"...

so the second hit of this would look like his 22B?

No, the second hit of INT K:B would look like 6B+K~INT... When he pops his sword out a bit...

I kinda want what the zombie bear wants but i want it like REF BK:A like in tekken, but the "A" has to be a really really tough just frame, (The "A" looks like REF A) and I wish you could set up DNK after the A, but this has to be on counter hit so it would be a really really harsh setup to launch, but make the last A completely safe or + on block and nontechjumpableish, so it won't suffer out and be abit balanced

Looks like the last combo on this

BK:A starts on @12

Wished they would make Raph, High-Mid Tier and boosted his Prep and SE, and make him a overall more average character, so Nukey could top me =)

I want...
A GOOD BT attack
A solid tracking mid from REF
Safe INT B
Warp in BT
A fast mid horizontal, it doens't need to be safe

i use 3A+B to get of takis hover shenanigans. its not really necessary, but its just awesome to do that litle dash out of the way and end up right behind them.

Back