Yun Match-Ups

Slow, but i evade verticals with it ALL the time. Depends on whether u do 22K/88K. I can't elaborate on that. It works for me a lot. It's neutral on block too. Try using it when around neutral adv vs Bs and see. Jump into practice mode and try it yourself i guess to see how well it works in BB type responses at different levels of disadv and adv

In my experience with the move, 88K evades better while facing right, 22K while facing left. Its similar to Nightmares 88_22B. It also has a late TJ too, as I've dodge 2A's when I tried to use the move when at medium disadvantage (around -6/-7). I don't like using it when at too much of a disadvantage though, because fast verts like Amy 6BB still pokes the hell out of me. Sometimes when I evade moves, I wont even hit the person and they will end up behind me too. Weird properties this move has.

I guess playing I'll play devil's advocate and see where this goes.
These are just based on my personal opinions. I don't think I'm a great Yun player by any stretch of the mind, so feel free to argue with my points.

also, bolded are my opinion. italicized numbers are the ones that Mikosu posted.

VS
Algol - 3:7

- I don't particularly feel bad about this match-up. Course, I haven't played against too many Algols to say. I think Yun has some tools at his disposal to close the gap for bubble spamming.
edit: after playing against oof, This match-up is a lot harder than I imagined. While Yun can get lucky with a few occasional pokes, unfortunately all his tools get stuffed by Bubbles. 33B can beat certain bubble patterns, 44B can go over certain bubble patterns. This match-up is dependent on what the Algol player is doing rather than Yun, which isn't really the way to go. Playing against Algol up close, I'm afraid to do that. Yun is so unsafe and bulldogging against Algol seems like Suicide. Have to play this match some more to get better understanding.

Amy - 3:7

- Never really liked this match-up(or Amy in general). CR against her feels so weak. I feel like she can just mash out moves to beat CR most of the time. Sidestepping/8wr is the way to go, but I've never been to confident with a lot of Yun's 8wr moves.

Astaroth - 3:7

- Hurts too much, can't stop him from bull rushing mix-upping too easily. Feels like Astaroth gets in too easily against Yun that wants to keep him out.

Cassandra - 4:6

- Numbers argue otherwise, but I've never really felt too threatened by the sisters against Yun. I just feel like CR is super-effective against them when kept at some distance.

Cervy - 3:7 (listed as 4:6 atm) 4:6

- This is another match I don't feel too bad about sometimes. I feel like if both players played their hardest, it could still go either way. I feel like Cervy is just one of those chars. that Yun can keep at a distance fairly well. As long as he keeps the cervy honest and blocking mix-ups that is.

Darth - 4:6

- I believe that Yun has the ability to go toe to toe with Vader. This match-up is more about knowing the other char. than any having any clear advantage against one another.
edit: Another match-up that oof has helped me understand. While I still don't think it's one of his worse. CR transitions just get beat by his 1BA or just plain 1B it's so fast.

Hilde - 3:7 3:7

- Yeah, I agree with this. Any char. that has a really good mid aGI moves I think kinda make Yun look weak since a lot of his good options start off as a mid.

Ivy - 4:6

- Don't feel like this is a bad match-up. But I do believe that Yun has to work so much harder trying to get in on an Ivy. When she can just push you back out and start shenanigans again.

Kilik - 4:6 3:7

- Another great aGI char. I just think it's ridiculous how many things just tend to whiff against Kilik sometimes. Asura Dance is threatening enough to make Yun think twice about using any mids against him. 6AAA will punish a lot of Yun's CR transitions. Always being wary about what Kilik is doing on wake-up as well.

Lizardman - 4:6

- Don't know the match-up but I tend to favor Lizardman over Yun. Lizard Crawl makes it tough on Yun who can ankle bite him to knock him out of it.

Maxi - 5:5 5:5

- I tend to think of Maxi the same I think of Yun. A char. that doesn't really rely on big damage combos, rather with conditioning and mix-ups to get all their damage. Match can go either way, as both players don't want to whiff anything against each other.

Mitsurugi - 4:6

- A match that favors heavy conditioning on the Yun player. Mitsurugi's hard for Yun because a lot of Mitsu stance stuff just TC when Yun trans to CR. So best options from CR imo are his lows and mids.

Nightmare - 5:5 or 5.2:4:8

- I think Yun has an easier time with dictating the pace of this match. Nightmare has little options when Yun is constanting pressuring him.

Raphael - 6:4

- Not even necessarily CR > Vertical attacks. Raphael feels like the bizarro Amy. His game against CR just feels like it's 50/50. Than you take into account Yun can punish Raph on some of his Prep games.

Rock - 5:5

- Just don't know. This is a filler number cause I've almost never played against a Rock player. Though it feels like the match can go either way.

Seong Mina - 6:4

- Kilik mini without the good aGI or horizontals to punish. Course, another match-up I don't play against alot.

Setsuka - 5:5

- Can't say much for this match. Many of the Setsuka players I've played are aggressive with her and end up making mistakes against me. So blocking and spacing against her tends to favor Yun.

Sieg - 5:5 4:6

- Now this is the opposite of Nightmare, since I think Siegfried dictates the pace of this match against Yun. I'm wary to go into CR against a competent Siegfried player.

Sophitia - 5:5

- Never felt too threatened with this match-up. Sophi can't abuse her 236+B against Yun otherwise eating a CR K K. While she has other options, when these are blocked she left with trying to mix-up Yun. Which I never took too with Tiers or Match-ups.

Taki - 4:6

- Taki is a hard match-up for Yun, but never felt it was a great feat. Yun's ground game isn't solid, but solid enough to deal with a lot of the PO mix-ups that Taki has. He still has a good BB to stop some of Taki's stuff.

Talim - 6:4

- Another game where recognizing the opponents options is more important than any advantage these two have. IMO what comes between this match is Damage and pacing. Talim can keep pressure fairly well, but when she's not pressuring it's a great opportunity for Yun. Many of his moves, move him naturally forward. Also they TC so he can respond to some Flips on reaction I think.

Apprentice - 5:5

- Don't really know the match-up and keeping this as a filler number. Though I would give the slight edge to Yun for having better lows than Apprentice.

Tira - 5:5

- I don't think they have any large disadvantage or advantage against each other. Their pros and cons kind of equals these two out imo.

Voldo - 4:6

- I'm kind of biased in this match-up because I have no clue how to defend against Voldo except for a few things to look out for. IMO Voldo does everything that Yun has but just better options from them.

X - 4:6 4:6

- Everything said that's already said. Yun is just outsped by her. He eats AA's like a hobo. CR transitions are risky in the hands of a good X.

Yoda - 5:5

- Meh, don't really particularly care for this match-up. Yun wins cause Yoda can't block lows.

Yoshi - 4:6 4:6

- Yoshi is a great anti-Yun in the fact, Yoshi punishes Yun so hard for attempted CR mix-ups.

Zas - 5:5

- Yun might have the slight edge because Zas's has limited moveset for mixing things up. CR is a bit effective, but doesn't = instant win.

Anyways, those are just my views on the various match-ups. If I missed anyone, let me know.
Either way, I hope this gives people some ammo for discussion.

Back