Yun Match-Ups

Burningfire33

[08] Mercenary
How does Yun-Seoung fair against the other fighters? I'm good with Yun, I just don't know all the stats and numbers to his moves and such. I've found it easiest to fight Raphael, Mitsurugi, Cervantes and Zas probably because of their heavy use of verticle attacks. How is Yun supposed to beat someone like Asty, Voldo, or Lizardman, because these guys mess me up?

What other advantages and disadvantages does he have over other characters?

Protip with Voldo: You can CR Evade his 3A, 1A, and BT 1A. The problem with Asty is that he uses a lot of throws and body attacks, and can get away with playing less safely against Yun (Except for crap like 6AB and 66AB). Yun's mediocre step doesn't help, since it makes stepping the scrub rush (66K) harder. Against Voldo, it unfortunately comes down to playing better, since he's got the advantage in SG damage and safety.

I'm a really good Yun, been playing him for a while... Asty is reallyyyyyy bad for Yun... Like... T_Tomgwtfx.. you have to wait for them to make a mistake and cap on it. You don't really have a choice on that either you can try to keep attacking him... But normally that fails. Also a good Raph can PWN Yun. As for Lizzy... I never really fought him enough..

You think you could elaborate on why Raph "pwns" Yun? With his severe weakness to step and reliance on verticals, I'd imagine it would be a little different. Then again, I merely use both of them, so what would I know?

I have a friend who is as hardcore with his Raph as I am with Yun... This is based on just my Yun... BUT a lot of Yuns do similiar stuff.. I do not know the stuff for raph but the thing where he steps with the grab or the two A's will shut down crane, His verticals are hard to crane on response... and he can put a lot of pressure on you, Just because someone has a basis on verticals does not mean Yun is the answer... Not to mention Yun's crane is beat out by nearly EVERY 2A and I mean Everything from Crane is beat out by like 99% of 2A's You can pray and hope that CR K will jump a 2A... Pray hard. Also raph's general speed... can be a hassle... Yun doesn't have many fast responses to my knowledge, any one else please add more?

This is ALL based off of personal experience.
I am also an online player due to lack of activity in my area, so offline Things will be different some degree like crane hopping, though it shouldn't change the match flow entirely.

lol, no fast responses? KK..... Seriously, KK, 4K, 2A, 2K, AA, CR if they're being predictable (Don't just throw it out, lol).

Yeah, I told him about that in javachat. Really, you gotta use every part of CR (Except for BT CR B+K. that move is a joke).

I mostly play online as well, and Raph players tend to spam his :B::B::B: series, so it's always a skip and a hop to beat them, by way of CR or just stepping for the back grab or 33:(B):8:K:. Any advice specific character advice on Voldo, or is just the general Voldo match-up strategy, of don't rely on grabs and such?

I've fought some pretty good Raphs and they generally don't give me too much trouble. With the exception of maybe one or two. I tend to go into CR out of 2A distance. I've been using the CR b+k series more and more as well. It's surprising how effective that can be, even against good players. Asty's dont bother me too much either, unless Arron is playing it. Then its game over for me. I can't for the life of me beat that guys asty. My worst match up with yun is Ivy, she completely shuts me down for some reason. I'm working on a few things to fix that though.

Oh and a really bad match up for Yun.... KrayzieCD

Siegfried has become my great enemy. Now I don't just mean any ole' Siegfried, but real master Siegried players give me a lot of trouble. I don't think it's just a Yun issue, but I would like to hear some comments on how other Yun players handle Siegfried.

From the perspective of a siegfried player, don't whore out crane. The simple solution to crane is blocking low most of the time, worst case scenario you eat a CR K? I believe just the mid kick. And you can see CR A+B coming, even without the charge it has a wind up. If you do anything after that WS AA kills it. Against standing crane 66KA and 4A give their and depending on how well you shake the 4A could give you trouble.

What works is A+K if you want to online fish for it, the best thing sieg can do after that is grab since it's not punishable by WS K. Although if you face someone who doesn't realize that 3 is not the answer you're in trouble. THat's off the top of my head.

THURGE......Good Raphael's don't give you much trouble? Hmpf....fair enough. I would like to tell you though that I figured out 2 key Raphael moves that I wasn't applying in our matchup at all. Can't WAIT to play you again. You are a very nice Yun Sung though.

Ruiner

I said with the exception of one or two. I've never fought pendragonfalls either. So you and trolt are about the best I've played. Trolt makes things really hard for me. Its been awhile since I played him tho, wish I could remember exactly what he did that was so effective against me so I could tell you. I also think that I fell for a lot more of raphs tricks back then too. But he's still a heck of a raph. I'm excited to see these new strats you got too.
From the perspective of a siegfried player, don't whore out crane. The simple solution to crane is blocking low most of the time, worst case scenario you eat a CR K? I believe just the mid kick. And you can see CR A+B coming, even without the charge it has a wind up. If you do anything after that WS AA kills it. Against standing crane 66KA and 4A give their and depending on how well you shake the 4A could give you trouble.

What works is A+K if you want to online fish for it, the best thing sieg can do after that is grab since it's not punishable by WS K. Although if you face someone who doesn't realize that 3 is not the answer you're in trouble. THat's off the top of my head.

I'd say for the most part your right. Just simply blocking low in crane is the way to go most of the time. CR a+b can be used for soul gage damage and you problems starts if the Yun is good at CR k:b. If you start eating a bunch of those you can find yourself in quite a bt of trouble

I've yet to play Trolt(though we're both setting that up, he lives on the west coast and I'm east, which may kill the match before it starts because of lag....). From everything I'm hearing, this guy's Raphael has to be better then mine.

Pendragonsfall however...is a MUCH better Raphael then me(by a good degree), if you're having trouble with my Raph....good luck. We do the same moves, but his understanding of the game in general make him execute his moves much more successfully.

The 2 moves are 1 of Raphael's best non-whiff punishers and another long range poke/Crane shutdown. Been all over the Raphael boards picking up tons of new information, trying my best to keep Raphael viable vs good competition.

Ruiner

A few big ones for Taki:

:K::K: will stuff EVERYTHING she tries to do from a PO shift on block. PO A, PO Step, even PO Teleport and Hover (the K will hit her at the top of her jump), everything gets interrupted.

You can duck the second hit of her 1BA PO shift for a 100% free WS K 66K combo for about 40 damage.

What works is A+K if you want to online fish for it, the best thing sieg can do after that is grab since it's not punishable by WS K.

A+K is about -8, so nothing in the game is really guaranteed on block, lol. You just have to settle for a free mixup.

From my post in the Matchup thread I think Yun has a 3:7 vs Cervy. Anyone agree/disagree?

Back