Yun-Seong General Discussion

Hotnikkelz is right. The pushback on block is what makes it beautiful. Only Amy, Yoshi, and Yun can punish it. All for less than 20 damage.

Anticipating lows only? No no no. Sure it's slow but this isn't something people GI on reaction. It has great range and CF ability. Nemesis can attest to this since I used it a fair bit in him.

no, when it happens, it's cuz the opponent fucked up and went the wrong way. Just look out for it for when it happens :) u're not gonna find a 'setup' for it

Hey guys, can someone help me figure this out:

Sometimes when I do Yun's 4b.KK, which i'm sure you know is the infamous handle butt into the double kick combo. And sometimes when I do it, not all the time, but sometimes, he will transition right into CR and keep kicking. It's cool as sh!@t, but I can't figure out how i do it. It just happens.

Hey guys, can someone help me figure this out:

Sometimes when I do Yun's 4b.KK, which i'm sure you know is the infamous handle butt into the double kick combo. And sometimes when I do it, not all the time, but sometimes, he will transition right into CR and keep kicking. It's cool as sh!@t, but I can't figure out how i do it. It just happens.

He auto-transitions into CR if the KK part from 4bkk is CH.
Easy way is from CR A, CR B, 4B delay KK(if you don't want them to be launched) -> he'll go into CR
There are probably easier ways, but that's the only one that comes to mind for me at the moment.

This might sound lame, but I can't get the timing of the JF crane kick. I always end up with Yun kicking the guy too late after a CR A. And I can't even do the JF kick itself when it comes to online.

But then again, it's not like he really needs it, right?

This might sound lame, but I can't get the timing of the JF crane kick. I always end up with Yun kicking the guy too late after a CR A. And I can't even do the JF kick itself when it comes to online.

Hit the guard button exactly when the kicking leg passes the standing one. Online is harder though, depending on the current lag, but on good connections I still get it about 90%.

But then again, it's not like he really needs it, right?

Of course you can win without it, but it's still one of his best moves. Every followup move is almost uninterruptable and you'll at least get a free mixup if not a ch combo. Even if you don't nail it everytime, they'll probably start hesitating when you happen to do the normal kick on block.

/casts ressurection at the Yun's boards.

I just want Yun boards to be alive again :(.

Anyway what do you guys think about 4B+K can you actually force a whiff with that? It gives a shakable stun just like 44B but since 44B defeats everything 4B+K I am confused when to use 4B+K. I heard 4B+K is more defensive since you actually step back but it doesn't tech crouch. It does look uber stylish though.

Another question would be: Do you guys use the 6K strings (on the top of my head...6KK, 6KG, 6K[G]) This move if fully executed gives some kind of mini stun. The cancable into crane takes a bit long so your opponent must have been freezed anyway to do it. Maybe after a GI or something?

I am sorry if I sound noobish, I just want one of my favorite characters to live on.

/casts ressurection at the Yun's boards.

I just want Yun boards to be alive again :(.

Anyway what do you guys think about 4B+K can you actually force a whiff with that? It gives a shakable stun just like 44B but since 44B defeats everything 4B+K I am confused when to use 4B+K. I heard 4B+K is more defensive since you actually step back but it doesn't tech crouch. It does look uber stylish though.

Another question would be: Do you guys use the 6K strings (on the top of my head...6KK, 6KG, 6K[G]) This move if fully executed gives some kind of mini stun. The cancable into crane takes a bit long so your opponent must have been freezed anyway to do it. Maybe after a GI or something?

I am sorry if I sound noobish, I just want one of my favorite characters to live on.

4B+K is useful in very particular situations eg vs Liz's CR mixups and the sorts. It's not a tool for spacing, it will always whiff, and the recovery is meh. 44B does the job way better.

6K is VERY important. Great move, one of his top 10 and i use all variations from it. Good thing with that CR trans, is that it can jump a potential 2A interrupt ;) very nice stuff.

I was playing mikosu and some other skilled Yun player last night who managed to make decent use of 4B+K.

The dude even used in a some crazy tech trap combo.

Tomahawk (forum name) was the other Yun player that night. He was using 4B+K to create space. It's a cute little gimmick I like to do sometimes too to add personality to Yun. A regular backdash is less risky. Tom got the 9B+K BT B+K 8KKK combo on him. That's probably what he meant.

Ah yes that Tech trap. I seemed to get it off 33AK aswell (the 9B+K tech trap). But I think that was pure luck. Also sometimes when you do 66B+K you end up BT, if you are also facing a wall then you can do the BT B+K combo aswell. Although it is extremely rare and not ever going to happen, it is still there.

I got the feeling that Yun must be able to do more of these combo's. Also you may think that Crane BT B+K must also be of SOMEWHAT use. I know it (super?) TJ but still....

I wish it actually did some damage. Both that little skank Amy and the Apprentice have quick BT backflip kicks that deal decent damage. Why not Yun? He is the most kick-oriented character, after all.

Tomahawk (forum name) was the other Yun player that night. He was using 4B+K to create space. It's a cute little gimmick I like to do sometimes too to add personality to Yun. A regular backdash is less risky. Tom got the 9B+K BT B+K 8KKK combo on him. That's probably what he meant.
That was the first time I've ever seen it in a match, so it surprised the hell out of me lol

I think it only works on certain sizes, though.

Back