Yun-Seong General Discussion

Yun's launch works on Tech catches within certain directions and others it just hits. Usually after the WR K hit and rarely after the 33A,K (Depends heavily on the tech). One thing that I am working on is Yun's cross up game. T5 had similar properties where if you catch a crossup you get a launch. Yun can get man tech relaunches depending on the range and tech but one thing that can help yun tremendously is his ability to crossup and get his bt game working. Namely his 9B+K crossup if spaced close enough to a wall either in a corner or with the wall on his left side. His 66B+K also has interesting properties like how it was in SC3 where it is possible to hit grounded and still leave yun in BT after connecting to the opponent. After that it is possible to go for the BT (low, mid grab) mixup. Also for the connect its the guaranteed follow up combo [8kkk], and if it hits and your too far of axis you can land the BT K, (whatever you want combo after that. I usually for for BT K, 1K2K. or BT K 2b,[K] depending on how they are ACing.)

One thing I would like to bring into discussion are the random variable that make yun whiff certain things that are normally gaurenteed combos. Example : Lizardman's WR K,K,K after block you get a free 236k,k but it leave yun BT and when stuff like this scenario come into play at a match where you read and react we need to be able to adapt our cookie cutter combos for best damage and oki based on the randomness of each character matchup. I would also like to reiterate the desire to begin identifying all of the ways that yun can set up yuns crossup game that include his BT launch and bt setups for him. Also Naming things that yun can use his Tech Jump or his tech crouch maneuvers to interrupt block strings/move strings.

I'm curious if you guys have an easy time beating Raphael's? As a player I can tell you it can get really rough adapting and over coming the Crane with him, his Horizontals suck and his kicks are linear.

Yun Seong's design completely counters Raphael's. So yeah it can be easy, if the Raphael player plays normally.

On that I do somewhat agree. Raph's verts are easily crane able but all it takes to stop them is grabbing more often and pump faking a few B's. Raph exceeds at his keeps away and pokes so if the Raph is playing smart he will try to space yun and poke him instead of using many B's that are his normal strength against most. Raph has a few things that greatly slow down yun/or anyones movement after that he can go for the general mixups. But in the match up I would put the ratio around 6:4 in favor of yun but I would not say yun completly stops all of raphs stuff just for the fact that Raph can punish alot of Yun's stuff pretty hard, i.e. raph is not in a matchup where he is extremely out of offensive options.

Tomahawk, I appreciate that summary of it, I still beat Yuns okay...but the ones that rely on turtling and constantly stepping and using quick in and out kick attacks are MURDERING me. There, I gave away my weakness. Anyway, if any of you Yun Sung's want some Raphael spar, or just to see what my problem is(assuming you KNOW how to use Crane) Just message me. I could really use more Raph vs Yun experience.

BelovedChild

I can't get down Heaven's Path, A+B B(mash); I can only get it about 10% of the time and I have to hit that button so f***ing fast my wrist wears out. There has to be an easier way to do this, some sort of timing that I'm unaware of. I've read through this and other Yun threads and have seen that other people have suggestions for it and such, but after untold amounts of time in training, none of them have worked. What is the advantage of the last hit, besides the obvious damage and gb? I would assume they'd make it safer upon landing, as I have noticed the regular A+B is pretty unsafe. If anybody could offer up more tips, or maybe even post a vid of their hands doing it lol, that would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure not just by me.

I can't get down Heaven's Path, A+B B(mash); I can only get it about 10% of the time and I have to hit that button so f***ing fast my wrist wears out. There has to be an easier way to do this, some sort of timing that I'm unaware of. I've read through this and other Yun threads and have seen that other people have suggestions for it and such, but after untold amounts of time in training, none of them have worked. What is the advantage of the last hit, besides the obvious damage and gb? I would assume they'd make it safer upon landing, as I have noticed the regular A+B is pretty unsafe. If anybody could offer up more tips, or maybe even post a vid of their hands doing it lol, that would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure not just by me.

Dude, its super easy. If you are using pad with ALL defaults on xbox 360, the left bumper is A+B+K+G or whatever it needs to be to do critical finish. What you want to do is press A+B and then press B + left bumper fast. If you get the timing down, the last hit will come out everytime. If you are using a stick, you can use the same trick. And I wouldn't count on the last hit's GB for anything. Most people will duck and punish the crap out of you, so it's strictly punishment and RO. It's a great sidestep/whiff punisher since it does 54. It RO's to the front very strongly so use it wisely.

The basic anti-Hilde I'm tryna implement is step, 6B at range, CR evading predicted C3Bs, kicks up close for anti-C3A. Most importantly DO NOT let Hilde train you. aGIs aren't always there. Non-stab weapon attacks still hit her. Her punishment game is bad outside of charges so you can play with more risk.

11K as anti-step? Please explain to me, isn't 11K the double kick with tj?

Yes it is. It's so fast that sometimes it can catch step. Usually when you're at adv. I realized Hilde can step it pretty easily so I removed that from the post now. Step C3A is good against Yun since none of his kicks track and his good anti-step can aGIed/ducked.

Evo2k9, Props for the Korean who played Yun on Pool A...he was amazing, good strats and just frames. I wish someone took a vid. My Yun sucked that day, got beaten badly...

Back