Yun's Top Ten Moves.

6B - Self-explanatory
22_88K - Should be self-explanatory
6A+B - I have preached the gospel of this move and will continue to.
66K - A regular use move
9B+K - Pretty safe way to advance aggressively while working the SG
11A - Hard-to-read low is always nice
3[K] - I used to not like this but I feel ok with it now. 33K_[K] is terrible though.
BB - Basic move I like to use. Disadv on hit doesn't matter
4K - i15 move with TC that stuffs ish. Use it
WR B - Arguably his best option from FC given the damage for how fast it is. Great frames as a bonus

6B - Self-explanatory
66K - A regular use move
3[K] - I used to not like this but I feel ok with it now. 33K_[K] is terrible though.
WR B - Arguably his best option from FC given the damage for how fast it is. Great frames as a bonus

eh? No K? u fail

6B one of yuns best spacing tools

66A+B massive DMG and FC on block. hard to punish at range

66B same as above

4BK an awesome anti rush down tool

11A awesome low

22K great frames

4K awesome poke an excellent mid kick with good range and TC. Excellent

66A great anti step gives great oki on hit

22B I don't know why I like this move. it just seems like it works in a lot of situations at long range

honorable mention KKB,6KK,6A+B

6B - Self-explanatory
66K - A regular use move

i agree with Miko i just have to add the CR stance (if is used wisely)

Always wanted to do a TOP10
-----------------------------
In order :D

KK: Fastest thing Yun got i12; adding the B can provide useful in some situations, if they're not expecting it does knockdown on CH if the B Counterhits alone / Or stun / wall combo.
44B: The back step is amazing, provides stun; which can help you put pressure with SG or just mixups.
6BB / 6 B: The mixup is amazing it's easy for them to GI the GB but if you can teach to always try to GI the GB you can go CR A [Insert your awesome CR combo here] and get 70 points or moar!
66B: Use to be super awesome during 1.02 the SG damage was insane with 6BB, but it's of the fastest and best SG breakers he only has, around 6-7 for CF.
66K: IMO best thing to catches crouchers, when they're OTG use this or 1K variations, really hard to anticipate.
1K stuff: Like above, useful for Oki and OTG has 3 variations total; very handy.
1B / 11A: Other then 1K and 2K these are really the only lows he got in the game; they're great pokes but still punishable.
CR B+K: Very damaging, nice SG, TJ, TC, cancelable and most important a GB that's +15 on block a free BB? why yes that's the best you can get, but that's probably the most you would want...
1A: His only great TC'in move, it's total crap just on normal hit, but on CH really great damage and combos.
A+K: This move is weird, it reminds me of Maxi's 3A+K but in the opposite sense; nonetheless, great oki and great follow-ups.

Very honorable mention 3B+K.

6A+B - SCD, small IMP window, wall combos...
9B+K - SCD, range, good tech traps, safe...
4K - i15 Mid-Kick, TC property (his best poke I think)
6B - range, SCD, fake-out mixup, CR transition, 1st hit is safe...
KK - fast NC, high poke, punishes -13's, KKB adds fear advantage, KKB is a KND in stun-combos...
CR B+K - dreaded +16 on grd, range, SCD, gives fake-out options...
CR K:G - CR mixup, most advantageous transition on grd into CR-stance, more dmg in combos...
33AK - thought I'd mention this, really good punisher for -20's, A+K is garaunteed tech-trap followup, 66B is garaunteed at range...
11*77A - Horizontal Low, pretty quick, advantage on CH with +0 for Yun I believe...
44B - Unsafe but good TBS, slight TC, SHK on hit & CH, SHK gives +0 with fastest shake possible, SCD...

There are other important moves like 1K, CR B, 2A, and 22*88K but this is my top 10, other than that Yun can't be simplified into 10 moves really...

2A - great poke
BB - safe, nice range
CR B+K - many options (cancel, Crane, jump over enemy...)
CR A+K - great low
66K - safe and really fast
44B - as always ;)
A+K - nice wake up, safe
66A - anty step, long range
CR K:G - JF
WS B - fast and safe

I'm not sure if it GI's Horizintals (I think it does), but 6A+B definately GI's Verticals, and yeah, it parries Mids and Highs but not Lows...
The only really sucking thing about it is the IMP window, given how small it is, and how late it activates, the auto-GI is really just a bonus...

Well, on another note, what about the moves Yun-Seong DOES NOT need??? That might be easier than simplifying him into 10 good moves and you don't have to recall the useful attacks because if you know whats bad then you can assume everything else is good used in the right situation... And to make this even better lets make the list from worst useless move to best useless move... If some experienced Yun players could comment then we're getting somewhere... ---I think #1 should be 33K*33[K] because both of its options can be punished it defeats it's use as a poke and its use in combos is flattened by other options like 2BK...

Back