Yun's Top Ten Moves.

Just a warning, that combo that you do.
44b 6A+B 1k,k
It doesn't work against Kilik and Zasalamel.
The First hit of the 6A+B will completely whiff against them for some reason, there's probably more chars. but those are the only chars. that I've seen whiff against(Course could just be me).

I used to do that combo until I found out it whiffs against them.
Either way, if the opponent can't shake stuns, than I usually use.
44b 44A 6A+B 2B,K this leaves me in CR, which I enjoy more. Course you could just do the 1k,k after the 6A+B.

As per CR B+K G, yeah I love the move. If you're in close, you can use it to jump over the opponent and Yun is still back turned. So I usually use his 2K to knock them back down.

That first issue is a combination of character specific issues, and range. 6A+B tends to whiff on any character if you didn't hit the 44B deeply enough, though the exact range varies with some.

Also, I personally don't even really bother going for uber stun combos at this point (Although 6A+B is still a good followup after 44B and CH 44A, for SG damage and safety). Anybody worth fighting will break it unless they know jack shit about Yun. Of course, if they don't break stuns well for whatever reason, you should milk it for all it's worth.

CR. B+K G goes over lows and horizontal mids, but you have to be around 2A range for it to work properly. Since BT 2K is used way too often (And is easily punished on block), I suggest smacking them with BT B instead. Once they stop ducking, start throwing them (Much faster than you may think from BT), or use BT K to stuff them if they attack. If you used CR B+K G right, you shouldn't have to worry about faster BT moves.

Off Topic: I've been spending my last two evenings being raped by Ivy. The kind of Ivy that can buffer fucking SS and CS during stun combos and wakeup (That's not the problem though. It's just shit flavored icing for my rape-cake). Her fucking long range shenanigans shut my long range stuff down almost completely, and stuff the crap that gets me closer. I can deal with the bitch when I'm Cervy or Setsuka, but I almost always get destroyed by her when I try to use Yun. It's fucking great fun, too.

I just recently started having this exact same problem. I have absolutely no answers for a good ivy player... It's very very frustrating too.

It's an issue of me sucking against Ivy in general. All I know now is that four bars definitely do not make my life any easier.

Off-topic post ftw. If you're frustrated cuz you're losing online then don't be. You all know why so I'm not gonna go hackneyed.

Mikosu's right. I'm rather buggered when I can't GI properly, break fucking CS/SS well, or block crap like SE A+K unless I'm really on the ball (Far more so than I'd need to be offline). Anyway, I'd love it if we started talking about Yun rather than Ivy nao.

Anyway:So I don't have to go test Yun's stuff, because Vintoks already did for CF. Here's a link for all you caring people.

http://caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35081

Yun has pretty good range. A good guideline to follow when fighting ivy is that her long range stuff are in Wp but usually have recovery that allows for advancing agressively. 6B and 9B+K are good tools to use as well. Also keep in mind his 22K is great for evading her pokes and stuff. Play patiently. Run down her gauge.

OK, I think we should take this into Yun's General Discussion thread. I'll post my response in there. Might as well keep this stuff organized.

That first issue is a combination of character specific issues, and range. 6A+B tends to whiff on any character if you didn't hit the 44B deeply enough, though the exact range varies with some.

Also, I personally don't even really bother going for uber stun combos at this point (Although 6A+B is still a good followup after 44B and CH 44A, for SG damage and safety). Anybody worth fighting will break it unless they know jack shit about Yun. Of course, if they don't break stuns well for whatever reason, you should milk it for all it's worth.

-- I guess the saying, "A Picture is worth a thousand words." is apt.
First off, this was done in training mode so maybe a training mode glitch?
Either way, it wasn't just a range thing. I'm assuming the deepest you can hit the 44B is when the opponent is right on top of you/running at you.
Second issue being, from what I could see. 6A+B whiffs on 13 real chars. That's a little less than half the cast.

Though, as you say. uber stun combos don't really work anyways. I would say that the 6A+B is a good followup for CH 44A. Also as you say, if they can shake the stun than it's worth it to get the soul gauge damage. I mean, it's still somewhat useful since the 2nd hit will still hit. However, it's not something that people should expect big guaranteed damage off of. Which is the reason I changed the combo when I started to use it(if people can't shake stuns, than chances are they aren't going to shake the 2nd stun either)

Yuns not one of my mains but heres my list :).

44b
6 (can kickarse with the Crane A combo after your opponent attempts to GI the 2nd B)
236kk
Crane 8k (on juggle)
6bb (after people stop GIing)
9B+K
66a
44a
WRb
1kk

mine are more like move combos.
Here's 10 of my favorite:

4k,236kkk

k.k,6kk

2a,WRaK

2a,WRb,bb

[11_33b]~8kk,[6]k

a+b.b(repeated), which is really a+b(repeated)

33aK (delay)4b+k

(close range)CR b+k, BTB~4b+k

CR a+b,k+a

[4][b+k] OH[4]b+k

LOL...

11b will launch your opponent into the air, (you have to catch them by surprise, of course)

k. sets up the air combo 8kk. which will land them on the floor in front of you,

the 6b (actually (hold)6b is a quick chop that will hack them while down. But do it quickly before they rise or ukemi.

LOL...

11b will launch your opponent into the air, (you have to catch them by surprise, of course)

k. sets up the air combo 8kk. which will land them on the floor in front of you,

the 6b (actually (hold)6b is a quick chop that will hack them while down. But do it quickly before they rise or ukemi.

Do you actually understand the directional notations? 11B is not a laucher, and wtf is K8KK? I could produce a more productive post by mashing my head on my keyboard.

Do you actually understand the directional notations? 11B is not a laucher, and wtf is K8KK? I could produce a more productive post by mashing my head on my keyboard.

Yeah, my bad, I thought about it afterward. It depends which way you are facing. The launch is either 11b or 33b. I'm used to being a challenger facing left. Its double down-diagonal whatever direction is facing your opponent. back-diagonal does the split, which is also an effective move. As for the k8kk, after launch, you should just try it and see what happens.

Hey, i'm just trying to share.

Hey thanks for the info lists. I'll keep them for reference. Too bad they don"t sell you that with the game..lol.
Sorry for my illiterate list. Just call it my SoulCal ebonics..lol

CR B: It's good for poking people, but don't use it on block, since it fails against 2A and the like.

This move is excellent for CH fishing. It works especially well if CR A gets blocked (of course, if you're against a smart foe, they'll duck the CR A, but that's why I'd mix with CR K).

On CH, you get 236KK, 7_8_9KKK for free. Smexy as hell.

CR B+K Series: I'm really not sure about it. It could be a great way to approach, as long as your opponent doesn't use highs to hit you from a distance (I've seen the thing go over mids fairly consistently). You can fuck your opponent's tempo by leaping over them (Fun to do against Maxi-pad mashers). The G cancel TCs at the end, giving you a weak FC K/WS K mixup or a way to beat step with WS A and perhaps FC A. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but it seems like you have to commit yourself to either doing the move or canceling it a certain way when you start it.

I often use this move if I (for whatever reason) am in CR at a distance, to play a sort of ranged mindgame with the enemy. Usually I'd +[K] to advance and hop over their lows (and sometimes their mids), and occasionally use A+K at a distance to TC if they try to get cute with long range high attacks (Ivy WP 6B and Cervy's gun come to mind). If I see the opponent is trying to step me (and the B+K is VERY steppable), I'll either do CR A if I'm close enough, or CR +[K]~ CR A+K. I'm surprised how often I can actually get the B+K to actually hit sometimes, but if they block it (and you're close enough), you get a free BB.

I also use the B+K G cancel in case I learn that the enemy loves to 2A me out of CR. Hop over the 2A and BT 2K, or whatever you choose to do.

I dunno tho, it could just be me. My Yun is a little insane.

Maybe CR B+K isn't a good move, but I use it very often, especially close range to dodge and get into BT with the canceled version. Pretty flashy and if you land close enough you can even try a BT B+K for good advantage on block or ch stun mixups.

If somebody guards CR B+K, I love the 3[K] followup for mixups. BB gives the momentum away immediately.

Following the crane analysis thread, these are your options after 3[K] on hit:

3[K]
-=-
CR>B Uninterruptable
CR>K Uninterruptable
CR>8K Uninterruptable
CR>2KK Uninterruptable
CR>A+K Uninterruptable *(except for Taki's 3K)
CR>A+B trades with i13
CR>A trades with i16

I'd never trade all this for a guaranteed BB.

I've actually seen the 3K miss on a few occasions, most likely when the CR B+K lands a little far from the enemy. But I never thought about a possible CR mixup from there. Thanks =D

JB was SOO right. Dude, the TC on 1A is ridonkuous! I was testing against Vader's 1BA, which is superfast MH that all good vaders will use. Its a NCC, but even on hit, you can duck the 2nd strike. I don't think Yun has any other attack that will TC the 2nd hit if you block the first. I tried a couple of his other TC moves, not even 2A is fast enough. 1A will make the High A go right through him. Of course, an even better counter is to crouch and 9KKK or 236KK, 9KKK, but 1A is a good reflex move. What's pissing me off is 1B doesn't count as a vertical, cause I couldn't get Yun's crane AUto-evade to trigger at all. sucks.

Back