Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

well the opponent must be really stupid if he gets hit by a B+K BE alone
is not difficult to set up some B+K(BE) combos....but that combo, is like you were a psychic reading the mind of the opponent to know when he gonna jump, and do the B+K(BE) > B+K to hit him in the air

I just couldn't understand the "Air B+K" notation. Also, if 4[A] 2B setups are hard enough to happen in a real fight, picture that... lol.

B+K* Air B+K 4(A+B) Ein hits CE B+K 4A+B 2K = 222-240 dmg and 250 if they eat the tech trap
I don't understand this either...
Exactly how would you use B+K when EIN is already in use during B+K BE? Even if B+K came out, it would cancel the BE.
Also, B+K(air hit) 4[A+B] takes longer than [B+K]BE's delay... It would surely hit before the 4[A+B]?
I dunno, it doesn't work for me, so I'll be waiting for your combo video. ^^

I don't understand this either...
Exactly how would you use B+K when EIN is already in use during B+K BE? Even if B+K came out, it would cancel the BE.

Actually, the B+K move seems to have somewhat of a "special property". Using it does not cancel B+K BE, only delays it a bit. That's why this combo (and others, like B+K BE, B+K, BB, Ein, 1A) is possible.

Actually, the B+K move seems to have somewhat of a "special property". Using it does not cancel B+K BE, only delays it a bit. That's why this combo (and others, like B+K BE, B+K, BB, Ein, 1A) is possible.
Well I guess I need to try harder eh?

Guys I found a setup for air hit 44B which gives a ground stun and 88 damage tested on cervy

4(A) 44B (as soon as you start up 44B you release 4(A)) 66A+B
You can substitute 1K BE with 66A+B for 91 damage
CE also connects for 105 damage. Double CE is 129 damage

Edit other possible enders are 1B and B+K

B+K leaves them really far

Guys I found a setup for air hit 44B...
4(A) 44B (as soon as you start up 44B you release 4(A)) 66A+B
You can substitute 1K BE with 66A+B for 91 damage
CE also connects for 105 damage. Double CE is 129 damage

Unless you get the perfect timing of 4{A} they can just step right out of the setup, the timing does not allow for the combo and when they see 44B the opponent should be side-stepping anyway, solid attempt though and at least its a new one for sure. Who knows, maybe it can be done better off a 4A air hit? At least then you can better enforce certain options however you would probably be better off with other setups than trading down for this one.

Anyone else noticed that you can't get CHed during B+K?
This is really good in some MUs or situations where you don't wanna eat CHs.
Like vs Ivy in Mid range, she'll try to catch you with 6(A) , 3 (A) or 1A al lot.
Or vs astaroth and his 6B. I love to spam B+K, you should too!

As for GB... you can GB with 4(A) full charge~2B ~ EIn ~ WSB .....
i get this vs some chars, if someone can test it vs all chars... i know that i doesnt work vs ZWEI.

sorry if this is a repost, im too lazy to read everything! :sc5zwe1:

Anyone else noticed that you can't get CHed during B+K?
This is really good in some MUs or situations where you don't wanna eat CHs.
Like vs Ivy in Mid range, she'll try to catch you with 6(A) , 3 (A) or 1A al lot.
Or vs astaroth and his 6B. I love to spam B+K, you should too!

As for GB... you can GB with 4(A) full charge~2B ~ EIn ~ WSB .....
i get this vs some chars, if someone can test it vs all chars... i know that i doesnt work vs ZWEI.

sorry if this is a repost, im too lazy to read everything! :sc5zwe1:

B+K is a great spacing and anti-rushdown tool with a couple uses in wake-up situations. The "not getting CH" part and the late TC window in my opinion, balances out how slow the attack is (i25) to throw out. B+K is essentially a tool to put meter into seeing as how B+K, 1K is the best way to get meter from having it connect. You have a small amount of time to quickly dash in for 1K at all but very far range and its more consistent than B+K, 4B which whiffs upon hitting the opponent on an angle. B+K and all of EIN's hits alone gain 0% meter, Zwei does "all the shopping" in this sense.

4{A} is tricky to use proficiently because it requires you to "evolve" how you use it based on your opponent's answer to it, and how well you understand what your opponent knows in this situation. This goes for all of Zwei's setups, so its ignorant to slap an "effectively" on any of them. First and foremost in order to apply 4{A} into anything really, the first hit of 4{A} must hit them. Then you have to make them NOT want to step, which gets out of pretty much every setup except 4{A}~perfect-delay. Aside from 4{A}~perfect-delay, you can apply 4{A} max charge into 4KB in order to attempt catching step however, this wont work at far range and 4K can be stepped with everyone but Algol (basically) but its hard to step anyway so it can work. Once they stop trying to evade your setup you can apply 2B, but at this point the opponent is defensive so they can GI your followups, be wary. I could go on and on, but the point is its not something to outright test vs. everyone since its a general setup, you could say it works on every character or you could say it never works because its based on your opponent's actions and how well you enforce the setup. I'm gonna go make some dinner, a TV Dinner, Hungryman!

B+K is a great spacing and anti-rushdown tool with a couple uses in wake-up situations. The "not getting CH" part and the late TC window in my opinion, balances out how slow the attack is (i25) to throw out. B+K is essentially a tool to put meter into seeing as how B+K, 1K is the best way to get meter from having it connect. You have a small amount of time to quickly dash in for 1K at all but very far range and its more consistent than B+K, 4B which whiffs upon hitting the opponent on an angle. B+K and all of EIN's hits alone gain 0% meter, Zwei does "all the shopping" in this sense.

4{A} is tricky to use proficiently because it requires you to "evolve" how you use it based on your opponent's answer to it, and how well you understand what your opponent knows in this situation. This goes for all of Zwei's setups, so its ignorant to slap an "effectively" on any of them. First and foremost in order to apply 4{A} into anything really, the first hit of 4{A} must hit them. Then you have to make them NOT want to step, which gets out of pretty much every setup except 4{A}~perfect-delay. Aside from 4{A}~perfect-delay, you can apply 4{A} max charge into 4KB in order to attempt catching step however, this wont work at far range and 4K can be stepped with everyone but Algol (basically) but its hard to step anyway so it can work. Once they stop trying to evade your setup you can apply 2B, but at this point the opponent is defensive so they can GI your followups, be wary. I could go on and on, but the point is its not something to outright test vs. everyone since its a general setup, you could say it works on every character or you could say it never works because its based on your opponent's actions and how well you enforce the setup. I'm gonna go make some dinner, a TV Dinner, Hungryman!
4(A) perfect delay? what do you mean?

B+K is also balanced with the extremly long EIN recovery, could be a bit faster imo.
I was talking about 4(A) after a Guard break!

When 4{A}'s first hit connects, the perfect delay timing is basically delaying EIN to the point before the opponent is able to step his attack. This prevents them from stepping EIN and gives you around the maximum value on block or hit from the delay. This also works for 66A+B on Grd, but sadly you can only delay EIN for up to 3 frames or so before they can step him (to the weak side). 1{B}'s perfect delay timing would be how long you can delay EIN before the opponent is able to duck his attack. There is also a perfect delay timing on 1{B}K~EIN, this would be how long you can delay EIN after the kick to where the opponent can't duck his attack, I found this to give the best advantage around +12~+22 on Grd no joke.

B+K is also balanced with the extremly long EIN recovery, could be a bit faster imo.
I was talking about 4(A) after a Guard break!

I thought you mean't setting it up to break Grd with the setup, my apologies. I tested this just now, its sort of viable but does the most damage if it works, 4{A}(break)(max charge), 2B, EIN, WR B, BT B+K, BT A+B is 113d. But EIN has a problem whiffing after 4A breaks, he whiffs at all but between close and mid range which is a hard sweet spot to pull off and from what I can tell its character dependant too, let alone if 4A breaks them on an angle. The most consistent combo I found after 4A breaking is 4{A}(break)(max charge), 6B, 66BA which is 74d. and has great wake-up. 6B will only whiff at far range and grants EIN's hit 98% of the time, I haven't seen him whiff yet. The damage is small but you're at least getting your combo.
I was experimenting with 4{A} break into 9K but that hits them too far away for EIN unfortunately.
I also tested 66K, but EIN seemed to whiff his hit every time, its wierd. Might be character dependant too.

Yeah it works only at close range, which sucks bc they could predict a throw and duck 4A.
Like i said, it doesn't work on ZWEI but i didn't test the whole cast.
Angle doesn't matter since they turn to you if the guard breaks.
you can iWRB after 6B too!

Also: 1(b) Break ~ 6A ~ EIN ~ WR B ... works fine but is hard to pull of
you could just do 1(b) Break ~ 6A ~ EIN ~ 66BA its easy, consisten and still does a lot of dmg 85 - 90 (+ good wake up) i think it was..

It's very important to get the maximum dmg out of your guard breaks (they call it gueard burst now right?) it's a major part of ZWEI gameplay.

But dont try this stuff if you could win the round just by 3B ~ A+B!

delaying EIN to the point before the opponent is able to step his attack. This prevents them from stepping EIN

i don't understand, you can always step EIN even if they dont charge at all...
but you can catch the step if you get the right timing, but i think it just re tracks if they attack after a step,
e.g. you can beat step ~ BBs.
Is that what you mean?

i don't understand, you can always step EIN even if they dont charge at all...
but you can catch the step if you get the right timing, but i think it just re tracks if they attack after a step,
e.g. you can beat step ~ BBs.
Is that what you mean?

You quoted too late into my post, the first thing I said was "When 4{A}'s first hit connects", I meant when it does damage. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough. The perfect delay timing for 4A and 1B is if the first hit does damage, but 66A+B timing is on block (and not very relevant). 1{B}K~EIN perfect delay timing is on block too (and is the most relevant).

You can delay EIN off 4{A} (when it does damage) for quite a bit into the animation (just before Zwei touches the ground almost) and EIN will track 100%. If they block the perfect delay it should give you around +15 on block instead of the +8 from not delaying it, making your frame traps that much more effective.
Ironically, the perfect delay timing is about the same timing to catch step BB's if 4A gets blocked.

My bad, didn't read properly!

Something funny for you guys:
66A+B ~ 44B+K is a combo if you delay 66A+B ,
not useful though, it just looks nice and shocks.

Back