Zas Wishlist

Freaky

[09] Warrior
With SCBD approaching, I figured it would be cool to come up with improvements for Zas, then complain about them when the game comes out and he is largely unchanged.

1) First and foremost, make his combos consistent! 3B4, 4A+B only hitting Kilik from a specific range? FC 3B, 66A+B4, BT B+K only connecting on normal hit against male characters? Random 4B:B whiffings? This needs to be fixed.

2) Small damage boost. Nothing ridiculous, but moves like 1K, 2K, 3K, 22KK, 4K, 4A/44A should all do slightly more damage, especially if his throw damage remains the same.

3) b:K should be -10/-11 not -14. I don't care if the regular version is unsafe but the JF should be safer. This move has potential, but it's unsafeness hinders its usefulness.

4) 66BB. Something needs to be done with this move. Even though it's safe against everyone but Amy, it still leaves you in a horrible position. Make 66B recover faster, bring back 66BK, or make the delay window bigger. Do SOMETHING, because nobody falls for this shit. Plus, it's slower than a retard in a sack race and does shitty soul crush for a slow vertical.

5) -Moves to get rid of-
-6A+B series: Completely useless.
-11K: If Namco refuses to improve this move, it should be eliminated.
-1BBA: It's great for wall combos, but I'd be willing to let it go for a more useful string.
-66K: It doesn't even track to the left, despite a completely horizontal animation.
-A+B: Either put an autoGI at the beginning or get rid of it.
-6K: Wtf is this? It might be the worst move in the game.
-9A: Such an obvious animation it's ridiculous.
-9K: There's never a situation you need to use this in.
-1AB: Kinda cool, but I wouldn't miss it.

6) -Other move changes-
-4A needs better whiff recovery seeing as how its a linear, high horizontal (does that even make sense?).
-2B+K could use better hit frames.
-B+K should be safe and + on CH or i10 if it's gonna do no damage.

That's asking a lot, but if even one piece of this wall of text came true, I'd be happy. Also, note to Nacmo: DON'T TOUCH 4B+K! I know you're thinking about it.

Anyone else, feel free to throw in your two-cents.

Here's my Zas wishlist:
  • I'd like to see his old B+K come back. In SCBD each character supposedly has a GB move that can CF on hit if the opponent's soul gem is down to 0, so I've actually got hope for this.
  • B+K (slap) should inflict crumplestun on CH and be significant + frames on NH. It should also not be punishable.
  • 4A series should allow the JF command throw on NH.
  • 2B+K should not be punishable on hit.
  • The second hit of 6B+K needs to strike the opponent much more consistently if the first connects/is blocked.
  • Zas's throw damage should be increased to the average of 50.
  • Give Zas an auto-GI of some sort. A+B is a good suggestion, because this move is currently terrible. 6A+B would also be workable though the move would still suck unless it was safer, a NH combo, and/or the final B was un-interruptible.
  • 4K should be a frametrap (+1-4) on block.

Stuff I don't mind:
-I don't mind 66BB as-is, it's good for oki.
-Leave 22K

Stuff I need:
-44A/4A should track 100% or at least WR A, or something
-2B4 100% tracking on grounded
-11K hitting grounded
-B+K should not do any damage, guarantee nothing, but be i11 and be like -5 on block, maybe 0 or -1 on NH and +2 on CH.
-More BT B+K tracking
-2A4

Stuff I want:
-11K is pretty good as-is, but some safety would be nice, considering how slow it is.
-2B+K on NH should be like 2B+K on CH.
-Command throw or better normal throw damage
-Pimphand on shakestunned opponent guarantees grounded 2B4
-More frame traps. A+B= -1 on block or something.
-Mid 44K
-66BB track on grounded at far range

Edit: Keep his ballin step. While using a Zas CAS, I've stepped 2As from -frames and gotten a backthrow.

-Bring back 4B+K
-Bring back B+K auto GI
-Bring back 1AA
-Make B:K safe +frames OR add it back to 66B (still with + frames)
-More range on 1K
-BB is SAFE
-4A FIX THE FUCKING TRACKING
-get rid of 44A
-punisher
-MOVES THAT MANUALLY go into BT

That would easily make Zasalamel competitive

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Don't allow people to jump the second hit of BT B+K. IT'S A MID!

46B+G command throw with guaranteed follow ups!

Or better yet make it 46A+G with guaranteed 4B:B for rear ring out / B+G rear RO mixups :p

Fix 33B4 whiffing issues!

-Just like to see any Mix up Move, Want to see a natural 2/3 Hit Chain lead to something different. Even something little like Yugs, 1K,1K or 1K,K... Every 2nd/3nd move is always the same. I can't think of any other character that doesn't have a mix up move? Guess they didn't give any due to the Draw Moves and Delays.
-Maybe a B,6B or something like that to Push Players out, be nice to mix it up...
-A Low that is worthwide... Low K's and 2B+K on Wakeup is just about it... Maybe 11k on Stun give it some possiblities, make it useful...
-Agree Ib:K should have more effect... Great Animation that seems like to should have been useful, maybe in testing it was too much.

ZyX2323

My wishes will be greedily reasonable. We have ish like doom combo and roachy Amy around so I think it's only fair.

-Pimphand stays S-Mid for wall combo purposes. Give it back the effects it has in SC3:AE. Less damage since it's S-Mid like 5-8. i10, safe.
-A+B gets a high and mid hori and vert aGI. NC
-1BBA be NC
-bK safe on block. b:K a frame safer than that.
-Nergal JF series can happen on NH. He only has 3 moves that can go into it anyway. That alone would make him fierce.
-Empty Nergal should have a life regen JF. (Credit to Freaky-Styley. arsehole <3)
-4A and 44A be less neg on block.
-Boost overall damage! Very important! Throw game would be fine at 50 damage each.
-Make 22B exactly like it was in SC3:AE.
-Lows should be less negative on hit. 2B+K should be + as slow as it is. 1K definitely less neg.
-Replace 1AB with SC3 2B+KA. NC.
-6A+BB/(B): Force the 3rd hit to be blocked on hit at least. Creative scenario: 6A+B gives adv on hit and the (B) can be canceled.
-66BB mixup with 66BK returns.
-BBs not unsafe. It's not warranted.
-KK gives less disadv on hit like -2. Not unsafe on block.
-3AB not impactable in-between. It can stay unsafe if it gets a damage boost.
-6B+K SG damage increase.
-Some STNs to replace the SHKs. 1BBA to upgrade to a STN. Make the move broke! 66BB can stay SHK. Others I'd leave up to debate.
-Abyss' command throw.

Agree, I tend to avoid Top Tier players in any game (well other then Tekken, I main the Williams Sis). But if he was top and everyone played him, I move to another character for sure... Kinda like what I did with Hilde, once I figure out the ring outs of death I moved on... Now I am trying to use Rock alittle, Love how crappy he is.

I don't want Zas to be a top tier easy button and have everyone start bandwagoning. All I want is for him to be solid and competitive. He only needs a few tweaks to make this possible.

Btw Miko, great idea with the life drain JF! :P What do you think, 10-15 points? :D You are a genius! *peen buff*

Pssh. You love the challenge, and you know it.

44A tracking
2B4 tracking grounded

That's all we need, really. And I use need very softly.

5) -Moves to get rid of-
-6A+B series: Completely useless.
-11K: If Namco refuses to improve this move, it should be eliminated.
-1BBA: It's great for wall combos, but I'd be willing to let it go for a more useful string.
-1AB: Kinda cool, but I wouldn't miss it.

That's basically a quarter of my movelist. Maybe that's why I get my ass kicked with Zas.

WTF? Mebbe my hand slipped and I was doing 4A... I could swear that it passes through people on his right side...*Scurries off*

edit: Oh poo, I have been doing 4A all this time. I thought 44A only upped tracking the slightest bit, so I didn't bother with it.

I don't love the challenge I love the character. And what the hell? 44A tracks 100%. Where's your head at Nuk!?

It's almost embarrassing to say it, but the main reason I picked up and continued to use Zas is because he just looks damn awesome. Just lost the last ten rounds because my opponent actually knows how to block and punish all my slowest moves? Who cares! I've got a fuckin' scythe!

Back