ZASALAMEL COMBOS

NC
---
A,A
3A,B
1A,B
4A
44A
B,B_B,B4 (second version does 10dmg more)
bK
6B,A
1B,B
K,K
22_88KK
66BB
6kB
A+B (only the last two hits combo naturally)
6A+B
6B+K

3B4
-4A+B
-3A,B
-6A+B,[ B ] (GB does not combo but must be stood and blocked)

FC 3B
-66A+B
-4A+B
-66A+B4, BT B+K (Character specific)

66B+K
-4A+B
-6A,B

-66BB
-66A+B

22_88KK
-44B4
-66BB
-66A+B
-FC3B

33B4
-66BB
-66A+B

2[B+K]
-44B4
-66BB

NCC
---
6A,B
4A:B
4A:B,B
4A:B,2_8A
1B,B,A
4B:B
A+B
6A+B,B_ (stun is breakable)
6B+K:B
6B+K:B,B
6B+K:B,2_8A
4B+K
44_11_77A:B
44_11_77A:B,B
44_11_77A:B,2_8A

CH 1AB (first hit must be blocked or whiffed and the second hit must be a counter to launch)
-4A+B

CH 6AB
-BT B+K (Hold B+K for a few frames to remain BT)
- BT 2K, 66A+B

CH 4B:B
-BT B+K

CH FC 3B
-66A+B4, BT [B+K]

CH 4B+K
-BT B+K
-BT 2B

STUN
---

CH 1BBA
-44K, 66A+B

CH 6A_CH 66BB_CH 6A+B_
-4B:B
-b:K, 4B:B (must hit JF bK)
-3B4, 4A+B
-4B+K, BT B+K
-1BBA, 44K, 66A+B
(These are just examples. There are many more possibilities.)

WALL COMBOS
---
3B
-bK B+K(wall) 3B4 4A+B
-bK B+K(wall) 4B:B BT B+K
-bk B+K(Wall) 1BBA
-4B+K, BT B+K

TECH TRAPS
---
CH 4B
-3AB

33_99B4
-iWR B (doesn't work Setsuka right tech)
-FC 3B (catches all but right)

-3AB

CH 3A
-3AB (very close range. catches all but right.)

2[B+K]
-66B+K

bK (stun-counter)
-66A+B

I'm just posting here some of the combos that Greven made on Caliburforum. I hope he doesn't mind.

3B (wall), b:K, 66A+B
FC3B (wall), b:K, 66A+B
3AB (wall), b:K, 66A+B
66B+K (wall), b:K, 66A+B
BT B+K (wall), b:K, 66A+B (second hit when opponent in front, try after 66B+K when opponent close to wall)

CH 6AB (wall), b:K, 66A+B
CH B+K (wall), b:K, 66A+B (tadaaam!!)
CH 4A:B, 2_8A (wall), b:K, 66A+B
CH 6B+K:B, 2_8A (wall), b:K, 66A+B

note: 66A+B works after bK without JF too

other combos after b:K for mixups:
-4B:B, BT [B+K] (good oki)
-1BBA (stun)
-6BA (BT opponent)

Fun near wall combo:
66B+K, BT B+K, 4A+B (strange combo, coz u do BT B+K but opponent is in front)

Best combo for A+K:
A+K(short), b:K, 66A+B
A+K(long), 4A:B,2A

How are you going to do B:K when CH 6AB pulls the opponent to his backside?

And those wall combos dont work on small characters, well they didnt work on Cassandra when I tried it. 66A+B whiffs on her little ass. They seem very impractical, since Zasalamel's just frames arent as mashable as the other characters.

On a wall splat your best option is to start a stun combo since the falling wall hit counts as counter hit stun!!

Nothing too exciting to add but here goes.

1AB catches all but left tech after moves like CH bK and 44K.

66B+K catches all but right after 33_99B4.

FC 3B
-66A+B lovely for a little more damage than 4A+B minus oki

Just posting some combos I haven't seen here.

CH 6AB, 4A:B 2_8A
CH 6AB, FC3B, 4A+B

33_99B4, 66A+B (needs further testing if it can be teched out of.)

That's all I've found. It doesn't look like Zasalamel has very many techtraps or strong guaranteed combo damage =/

CH 6AB, FC3B, 4A+B

That's all I've found. It doesn't look like Zasalamel has very many techtraps or strong guaranteed combo damage =/

Wait 6AB pulls the opponent to your back on a counter so those aren't possible.

4BCH if you miss the JF...use 3B or 66BB to get a tech trap. In anyway you're going to get some dmg out of missing the JF.

CH 6AB, FC3B, 4A+B

These would work if you couldn't just shake the stun after 6AB. I guess some people might not know that this stun is shakeable.

Side note.
CH 6AB B+K is different from 6AB B+K, this version can be shaken and B+K won't pull the opponent.

Triple post cuz yeah I am awesome.
CH 4B just got better with the addition of tech traps for when you miss the JF. So now..

CH4B:B JF BT K 4A+B 61dmg Too Manly

Version. 1
CH4B:B JF weak fastest input of B+K 52 dmg I think...pulls them infront of you.
Version. 2
CH4B:B JF perfect input [B+K] Hold when you see the spark release does about 58 dmg...pulls them infront of you.

follow up with 66BB a low 2K, throw and if they try to get smart with you mix up with the unblockable. 44B+K

A+K 6AB B+K
With this combo hold B+K until you here the sound, and release..This will leave you BT for mixups of BT 2K or B+K.

A+K the furthest 66A+B

These would work if you couldn't just shake the stun after 6AB. I guess some people might not know that this stun is shakeable.

Side note.
CH 6AB B+K is different from 6AB B+K, this version can be shaken and B+K won't pull the opponent.

That stun is shakeable? Hm I thought it wasn't...

Btw what do you mean CH 6AB B+K is different from 6AB B+K?

Also nice find on the techtrap possibilities off of a missed JF for 4B.

His stuns may be shakeable but don't forget that that can work in your favor. Ex. next time you get a counter hit 66BB don't go for a combo. Do 44B+K and see what happens.

His stuns may be shakeable but don't forget that that can work in your favor. Ex. next time you get a counter hit 66BB don't go for a combo. Do 44B+K and see what happens.

Against someone that is good enough to shake the stun, what will most likely happen if you try 44B+K is that you will get sidesteped and punished hard.

Against someone that is good enough to shake the stun, what will most likely happen if you try 44B+K is that you will get sidesteped and punished hard.
Yep that's one outcome. So it's on you from there. Like I said see what happens. Ups Zas' game a bit.

That stun is shakeable? Hm I thought it wasn't...

Btw what do you mean CH 6AB B+K is different from 6AB B+K?

Also nice find on the techtrap possibilities off of a missed JF for 4B.

CH 6AB B+K stun can't be shaken and will always pull infront

6AB B+K will pull if stun isn't shaken, but if it is, it won't pull the opponent.

Zass Unblockable can be placed in many situations. Including after his throws.
Most notably is WSB.

If you don't use 44B+K, sorry man, but you're lossing out on having a good Zass.
Zass makes you worry about getting thrown, launched or lows. This is his game, adding to that is his unblockable.

Zass's game revolves around doing thing's you opponent cannot anticipate. One thing is not completing strings.

Instead of 6BA do just 6B, or instead of 66BB do 66B, doing this throws everyone off you can't just study this stuff.
Added to this you also need to utilize step, and 8B and 8A with GIs...Zass needs to play safe and very defensive. You have to turtle. So mixups are basically your biggest offensive, and nothing does more dmg than his 44B+K, I don't know but he can even get dmg after the unblockable, like 66BB.

the UB was more practical til they took away the half-stage tracking.

If you are anticipating them shaking the stun then throw. Otherwise I would still say the unblockable, it isnt THAT slow. The worse part however is they can cut some of the damage if they start to step just as the first hit connects.

I hate his UB now.

bah, 44B+K is slow, linear, and easy to see coming. Sure it does decent damage, but it leaves you so open to punishment. I would rather just stand over them and mix-up throws and launchers. Does almost as much damage and is way safer.

Well it isn't like Yoshie's suicide or Sophie's WS A+B.
And I would attempt to jump instead.

But it works, on any level of play. 44B+K isn't something that your opponent should ever see coming. Knowing when to do unblockables is also a skill in this game. As the game progresses you should know when your opponent is thinking defense, but this is up to your game sense.

Unblockables/throws are for opponents who recover in standing guard.
Mid punishers are for opponents who recover guarding low.

Back