Zasalamel General Discussion and Q&A

From this video we can see Zas has his old 4A+B back for post launcher mix-ups. Looks like he can also guard cancel 6A+B's final hit (which still has a guard break component).

I've seen the 6B part of his SCIV 6BA in vids. So now i'm wondering to which input that move went. I guess we'll find out eventually. He seems packed with moves in this one.

In one vid I saw him do SCIV 3K (one of my favourite Zas kicks), he followed it up with an overhead B. Cool stuff :)

Thanks @Frayhua, we will find out sooner or later i guess.

Zas's SCIV 66BB input is now 6BB.

6:05

I've seen the 6B part of his SCIV 6BA in vids. So now i'm wondering to which input that move went. I guess we'll find out eventually. He seems packed with moves in this one.

In one vid I saw him do SCIV 3K (one of my favourite Zas kicks), he followed it up with an overhead B. Cool stuff :)

Zas' old SCIII 6B is 6B+KA now. Zas' SCIV 4B was his 6B+K in SCIII. Zas has his old 4B+K & command throw from SCIII. Zas is like SCIII & SCIV self with some of Abyss' moves from SCIII. Zas has Abyss' 3KB. Zas' A+B was his old A+K, but in Soul Charge it becomes Abyss' A+B. Zas' 2A is a standard 2A. Zas has Abyss' SCIII 2A as 1A, but in Soul Charge he gets Abyss' 1AB(The 1st hit is low & NC). Zas' Soul Charge 3AKB is great on CH and the last hit becomes Zas's SCIV 33_99B4. The 1st 2 Hits of 6A+B are NC. The 2nd & 3rd Hit are NC when the 1st hit clashes.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if zas still has his old b+g throw? I haven seen it but, i've seen his new throw and the 4-6 sc3 throw.

Who's playing zas at CEO and can you give us an update?

Does 1a+b habe the sc3 mid follow up string
Does he still have his draw attacks(4) to bring them in, 66a+b4 to extend the combo
Does have sc3 66bk
Does he have a good GC game and your overall experince/opinion

Who's playing zas at CEO and can you give us an update?

Does 1a+b habe the sc3 mid follow up string
Does he still have his draw attacks(4) to bring them in, 66a+b4 to extend the combo
Does have sc3 66bk
Does he have a good GC game and your overall experince/opinion
Hey man ive recently played Zas in UK and going to get to play again in July on 20th-22nd

I'll answer your questions later on tonight when I've finished work.

I write up about his movelist from what I figured out here - https://8wayrun.com/threads/pre-release-sc6-zasalamel-gameplay-discussion.19854/page-2#post-745744

It appears he doesn't have draw mechanic anymore.

As I say in the other thread his old 66BB from SC3/4 is now 6BB which both hits are mid and second hit can be delayed so if he doesnt have the K he at least can do that.

Impressions he looks good this game with extra legit lows for 50/50s and the curse mechanic which I feel is good but is definitely balanced because you have to use either 6K, 3K, B+KB, RE K or CE first (multiple times to get the strongest post time stop options)

Edit: funnily enough couple hours later we get this breakdown from the guys at CEO
And yup 66BK has returned in the form of 6BK.

Last edited:
@AndyrooSC thanks for doing this, Zas looks so dope! With all his moves working and the return of some his old sc3 and abyss mechanics he seems like the best he's been. Hopefully he makes to console this good. Hope it was a good time man.

@AndyrooSC thanks for doing this, Zas looks so dope! With all his moves working and the return of some his old sc3 and abyss mechanics he seems like the best he's been. Hopefully he makes to console this good. Hope it was a good time man.

Zas is great in SCVI.

Anyone knows which direction or what is the active window for the aGI on "66k"?
I've been using it a bit to try and test it in the Beta, but I never triggered the aGI on this move.

Anyone knows which direction or what is the active window for the aGI on "66k"?
I've been using it a bit to try and test it in the Beta, but I never triggered the aGI on this move.
44K is the aGI attack :) works on weapon based lows and 2A. you get a LH into 66A+B

Unfortunately SCVI beta didn't have training mode so I didn't know how to deal with, but what are your options against Zas's CE other then being no where near it?

Ah, cool. Must have small hitbox on it or at least not big enough to catch sidestepping.

Thanks for the advice.

Back