Zasalamel General Discussion

So how about that Zas....

Heh, so I figured out why 3AB hits a juggled X when 4A+B whiffs. She flies for the same length of time as any other juggled character, but doesn't go as high in the air. So you can catch with the combo, but she falls under the AT. That does suck! It's not like X is a weak character, y'know.

Still, I am actually liking Z better the more I play him. His style seems to be about tricks and steps rather than heads-up fighting. 88A (22A when facing left) is good to sidestep and interrupt, if a little slow. I like using his pulling moves now too. I just wish his slams did more damage. Neither of them even does 50, when you have people like the Sisters doing 55 and 60 with slams. Jeez.

I agree with Zas's range issues. What's the point in pulling your opponent closer to you? That's like Amy trying to play a keep-away game. I usually find myself pulling my opponent in with his draws and pushing them away with his 6B+K. On block, it pushes them really far away. If it hits, it pulls them closer, putting you back where you started. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems pretty ineffective to me.

Am I the only one who knows this, or am I just wrong somehow?

When you pull someone, you get a frame advantage which you can use in plenty of ways.

If the opponent blocks, then it's not going to be great for you afterwards, your options are pretty much limited.
But if the opponent fails to block, then it starts a mind game. You can hit high, med, low, throw, GI, attack quickly, attack slowly, deal damage, pull again, pull again, pull again.

It's so simple... And so obvious... Surely there are a lot of meaningful reasons why you guys are so scared to be up close and personal with Zasalamel, because so far I'm rather convinced that these pulls, which are what makes Zasalamel, Zasalamel, have a good reason to be part of the moves list.

how do i judgement of nergal

ah thanx for the info everyone.

also I was at jaxels earlier today and he pointed out that you can turn on counter in training mode, so that kinda solved my problem. I'm aware how counter works in the real game.

I'm thinking of moving to Zas from setsuka and if this is the worst just frame he has then he is a piece of cake.

We have known about this for some time now. 6AB is the one that gives advantage on block, 4A_44A and 6B+K are slightly worse, with 3AB being just plain unsafe.

Old thread I know, but I have trouble with this one too. Also some trouble with his CH 4B JF combo finish.

Zas has several good moves based off CH into JF. Interesting. Seems he is designed to interrupt when possible, rather than attacking proactively?

@dreamingsky
yeah, he seems like he's more a counter character..which seems odd cause i always thought of him as the opposite.

it is a pretty easy JF
For the pros, sure! I'm the guy you always pick on for not being pro, 'member? :-P Seriously, I know I am way below the level of the average player here, that's why I come here to read and learn (and go try the tricks after I read).

@whitey: I think in SC3 he was more able to be proactive. SC4 Z is very, very different from SC3 Z. I think both are viable but they have to be played in contrasting ways. SC4 Z seems to do better at waiting and chipping. He reminds me somewhat of Nightmare since so many of his good moves are high. I imagine this means he's totally borked useless against Yoda. However, Z is faster than NM in some ways and can use his reach better IMO. NM's power often seems to come from close, explosive exchanges (GS~A and follow ups, or 66K6~GS to same).

I call Z the ankle sniper now since I use his 2K so much. Tap, tap, tap... :-P

I am not even very good at execution so if I say something is pretty easy, that means average player should be able to do it without too much practice.

I don't see why zas would have problems beating yoda though.

Seeing as you can mash out the just frame online, I'd say its pretty easy to do. I wouldnt even call it a just frame, just strict timing.

Just mash B after confirming CH. It's not a just input, simply gotta hit the B on the right frame... so the faster you mash it, the more likely you will get the input in the window required.

Zasalamel Mainers Come to Me!!!

Seriously his thread is dead. This topic is for Zas mainers to discuss things and trade ideas on what works and what doesn't.

So I will just throw something out there. Someone told me B+K sucked, but I disagree I think it is a great move to get away from people. Anyone else have an opinion on this move?

It doesnt cause close range stun like in SC3 AE, which SUCKS. But it stops close range pressure, nothing is guaranteed afterwards anymore. It will however give you some breathing room.

3K is quick, but not as fast. 4B is third in line. KK is supposedly not good anymore, but the last K is quick enough to throw anyone off if placed properly and not spammed. I usually use it to get off the last sliver of health in a tight situation.

Im in love with BT [B+T], if they stay down a fully charged version will keep Zas in backturned, ready for another BT B+K and the oki is tremendous. If they stand up then its a frametrap for free standing throw. If they start ducking, 3B 66BB that ass.

My only gripes are the tracking on 4A is terrible, 44A is HIGH with a similar animation of 4A which is also high (it was mid in SC 3) and they took away 4B+K.

I kinda miss SC3's 2A as well. It had hella range. 66A+B was also a guard crush. Whatever.

6B+K is money

This
66B 66B then 66B 2K then 66B 3AB/finally 66BB

For me Zass is all about not completing his strings, do this often to throw people off.
Just like asta you need to master GI's son, mixup throw's with mid's and lows.

Also his backdash and step, I need to spend some more time with just this aspect.

Back