1.03 Tier List Discussion (aka Argument)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll second what Nuez said about everybody but Amy. Also, I think Seong Mina is better overall than Yun-seong, but that might just be personal bias.

Edit: On second thought, I think you should also have a straight middle tier. Kilik, Ivy, and Setsuka would fit in there at least.

I don't know. I don't play nightmare often at all but I think he should be higher, at least top mid. If you've played against PitcherintheRye then you know what I mean. The double kick off of his grim stride lifts players off the ground. Merciless RO potential.

Other then that I'd also question, but not sure about moving, Sophie, Seig, Mitsu, kilik and Sets.

I'll second what Nuez said about everybody but Amy. Also, I think Seong Mina is better overall than Yun-seong, but that might just be personal bias.

Edit: On second thought, I think you should also have a straight middle tier. Kilik, Ivy, and Setsuka would fit in there at least.

You're right i'll add that tier now.

I'm kinda iffy about this, but Asta might be mid tier too. He's still got powerful throws, and he can still punish mistakes with huge damage. The problem is that he's got an absolutely horrible matchup against the sisters (moreso than most other characters), especially since his knee was nerfed. Also, Taki is another uniquely bad matchup for him, IMHO. I'm curious to see what other people over here think about him.

Maxi and Yun higher than Mina and Talim? hmm. Setsuka lower than Lizard and X...hmmm. Taki...mid? hmmm..I like Mitsu and all, but isn't he a bit high?

cha cha

Personally, I think he's been boosted enough in this game that he's at least above Kilik and Setsy (She used to be a bad matchup for him, but I don't believe that's the case in this game). He's still unsafe, but his okizeme game is pretty damn strong.

I think the main thing going for him is that he doesn't have as many bad matchups as he did in the past (He's still got it tough against the sisters, but so does pretty much everybody else). Also, his Mist stance has gotten a significant boost as well.

I mostly agree with that list, and the stuff I disagree with is only a single tier off so I'm not too against it.

I could see Yoshi and Mitsu maybe being in Top Mid and Sophie, Amy, Lizzy, and Cervy all could be argued for Top (doesn't necessarily mean they belong there, but they all have grounds for a good argument).

Ivy should go up one, Tira should probably go up one, and Maxi should DEFINITELY go down one.

And Sets is fine right where she is. She's DEFITELY not lower with how good her mids/punishers/throws are. I could even see someone who's really technically proficient take her to the top.

@ Tidus - It would be nice if we seperated the tier list by row going down, that way, when we have input on a character, we can just add it, what makes him a good player/bad player for example, then later when we are done discussing the tier, it can be stickied for everybody to see, just my two cents, other than that keep up the good work, ive had this game for 2 weeks already, i need at least 2 more until i can really put some thought into this list.

@Nightmare: Once you get used to his tricks and stuns, he's pretty easy to deal with. Also, a lot of his moves are rather unsafe, and most of his lows suck.

LAU is a good player, but that doesn't Zas that great. He still lacks a good mixup, and relies too heavily on CH fishing and reverse ring out, not to mention many moves being unsafe. The one glaring exception being whatever that two hit LAU was abusing, I don't know the command.

If I'd switch anything at the bottom, it'd be bumping Zas and Tira up one tier, and moving Nightmare down to bottom tier. I still can't believe there are people out there that have a problem beating him.

Hilde should probably move up one tier, those ring outs and +frames on C2 moves can't be ignored. I'd even consider moving Lizardman down a tier, crawl is great but he lacks range.

We could probably shuffle a lot of people around in a lot of spots, and everyone save for a few characters could probably win a legit tournament. Pretty balanced game overall, do we at least agree on that?

Kilik should be higher. Top of top mid or bottom of top at least. I could probably write a dissertation to support this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom