1.04 ?

I personally think patch 1.03 was a ploy. I've said in the past that I doubted Namco would EVER release a balance changing patch to SC4... and somehow they did with 1.03. However, if you think about it, the patch was probably ready to go BEFORE SC4 even got released. To me, it looks like the entire purpose of 1.03 was to nerf Critical Finishes; Namco purposely made critical finishes way to common when the game got released in order to bring "hype" to their bullshit new perk to the game. 1.03 then came out some itme after people finally had enough of critical finishes. The only reason Namco made critical finishes so fucking broke when the game came out; is because they were planning on fixing it with patch 1.03.

When 1.03 came out, Namco was still making money off of Soulcalibur. Now, they aren't making shit; so they dont care about us. Hell, the Namco reps from the X-Play telecast tournament have never even heard of us before. They don't care about tournament players because we aren't where the money comes from. As we've said before, Namco is about nickel and diming, and screwing their fans out of money. They do it with ALL of their games now, Tales of Vesperia, Ace Combat, The IDOLM@STER and now Soulcalibur IV.

Its the same reason they put Star Wars in the game at all... Spend $1 million actually making a decent game, with balance and what-not; something that the average 99% of gamers don't give two shits about... Or spend $1 million on acquiring LucasFilm licenses to put Star Wars in; something that the average 1% of games dont give two shits about. Namco is about making money; not pleasing their fans. Sadly, thats why they can't make any decent games anymore.

Re Jaxel: Even if Namco did plan on nerfing cf's from the beginning they still included some balance changes in 1.03. I can't imagine that namco planned on changing those moves from the begining. So even if the cf change was locked and loaded from the start they must have at least been paying some attention to the game, and decided to make the balance adjustments.

It seems to me that a balancing patch is something those 99% of average gamers wouldn't care about, so the balance changes could not have been about making money. Of course Namco cares more about making money then about the quality of the game, but I think they do have interest in making a balanced and good game.

I am skeptical until a patch comes out. I stayed skeptical even when I heard there was a patch in Japan. I will stay skeptical until the patch is actually on my console. Until then, 1.03 is the last patch and I suggest people get used to it.

I personally think patch 1.03 was a ploy. I've said in the past that I doubted Namco would EVER release a balance changing patch to SC4... and somehow they did with 1.03. However, if you think about it, the patch was probably ready to go BEFORE SC4 even got released. To me, it looks like the entire purpose of 1.03 was to nerf Critical Finishes; Namco purposely made critical finishes way to common when the game got released in order to bring "hype" to their bullshit new perk to the game. 1.03 then came out some itme after people finally had enough of critical finishes. The only reason Namco made critical finishes so fucking broke when the game came out; is because they were planning on fixing it with patch 1.03.

My guess was these were changes they wanted to do but the game was already set into production. Not some grand master scheme. But you could be right.

All I ask is one thing. If you release a patch...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONSULT ME OR ANOTHER ROCK PLAYER BEFORE YOU MAKE A ROCK CHANGE.

^ I just want his moves which look like full-circulars to hit and not wiff. And I want 1K into ground throws to grant guaranteed attempts if the opponent was off axis to begin with (If that's even a possible fix). It's whack scoring a knockdown which normally grants a ground throw, only to get like a 1K and wait for Oki instead.

lol at Tira's JS 2A+B. That attack whiffs like fucking crazy.

I don't doubt that if another patch is released, Hilde is going to get her ass raped.

No major comps here (Japan) cause there is no arcade SCIV.
If there was an AE it may be (or we'll try to get it) in Tougeki (Super Battle Opera).

In Tokyo we try to have an offline comp every 2 or 3 months.
We've had two so far.

Will I be waitin longer for a patch or for an AE?

Where is the source of this patch talk?

BTW patches are usually free.

I really dont know what there is to patch though besides how god like sophitia's 236b and cassandra's 1a

Umm, 1a sucks. Its slow and rather unsafe on block. Its only useful to occassionally through out on a downed opponent, but, if they get up blocking low, you are screwed.

And sophie's 236b isn't broken either, just don't leave yourself open to being constantly hit by it.

If Rock had all his alignment issues fixed up then there would be almost no holes left!

Also, first ground throw should be free, or at least much harder to escape. Each ground throw after that should have exponentially increasing escape window.

I think the only thing that really needs to be fixed is hitbox/alignment issues (SK 3B, Rock's ground throws, etc.)

If you think of Rock's throws like an attack mixup, they're not so bad in comparison. The opponent anticipates A or B break. If Rock wins he gets damage. If the opponent breaks the throw, he/she escapes the damage, but that's it. In comparison to some other mixups in the game, the opponent can escape damage and punish afterwards. I think that's one redeeming aspect to his ground throw game.

The only bad thing is that Rock arguably has a hard time applying this game; he can do a ground throw attempt after a lot of his attacks, but it could be said that he relies too much on counter hits and/or slow attacks to combo into his ground throws. His FC 3K is ok, but Rock has to choose between ground throw or crouch throw and then A or B. I think the same goes for his 'JF' command throw, but maybe I'm not being fast enough when I dash into range.

^Nah, I'm starting to think that command throw only grants a guaranteed ground throw if they're near a wall. If they take to stand up or techroll wrong, you'll grab them, but I don't think there's a guaranteed timing anymore.

You get a guaranteed ground throw after his command throw, it's just a pain in the ass to get sometimes. Much easier to just go for the 6B+K.

And that's the problem with Rock. In theory he's great, because he gets good mix-ups with reasonable damage after all of his good moves. The problem is that nothing is ever really guaranteed, so you'll have rounds where you get a CH 6K on your first attack and then your opponent never gets to stand up again, and then you'll have rounds where they escape or guess right after every attack and you lose just because it's impossible to do any damage. If your opponent is breaking throws or teching right more than 40% of the time you're basically fucked, and that's not even factoring in all the random hitbox problems (JF PT lolwut?), alignment issues, and ground throws that just plain miss for no reason whatsoever. If he had a decent mid that hit grounded, besides the slow as balls 2B, he'd be a more consistent character.

Rock is pure gamble, which I'd have to say is his biggest draw for me. Besides his overwhelming manliness and the fact that I now have to shave my chest almost daily just because I play him.

Back